• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Cleveland -- February 20-22, 2015

83 posts in this topic

Anyone pre-planning for this event. I'm happy to put together a get-together dinner at a local favorite restaurant. Should be cool to have a big show in town.

The only way to beat a convention in Wisconsin in February is a convention in Cleveland in February....

It's like there are two people at Wizard -- one person throws a dart at a map of the US and the other one throws a dart at a calendar.

THWACK!

Bismark, North Dakota!

THWACK!

April 2, 2015

GO!!!

:roflmao:

Wizard must be setting these shows up as "locals only" because there is no way you fly into Wisconsin or Cleveland in the middle of winter unless you enjoy large amounts of airport down time.

If Wizard wants to impress so badly, they should set up a massive southern California show in February and have more than 10 dealers show up.

How much for booths?

How much are ticket prices?

I heard booths were in the $500 range but not sure. Tickets are $45 in advance for a Saturday. Shatner is signed up to be there but no one else has announced.

Whoops - looks like its taken place at the convo center which is downtown and gets plenty of snow!

Yeah... one booth (with a single 8-foot table) is $1000 for the Cleveland show. You can get discounts starting with doing 3 or more shows, but that's still a ton of money for a Cleveland show in the middle of winter.

It'll be interesting to see who they get to go to Cleveland in February, dealers and celebs. Wizard's guest lists have been spotty for a few shows lately. I'm going to NO in January and can't say I'm impressed by the guest list, and that's for NO!

If anyone wants to utilize me as grunt labor I'd love to help out at a booth. I'd volunteer my time to get some insight on how they are run and see if I want to pursue setting up at a smaller one. Send me a PM if your interested in having some help. Plenty of good references available on the boards.

I would think that the weather service keeps records of that sort of stuff for a metro area like Cleveland. There is definitely a risk. I still don't know why they strung Wisconsin, Indianapolis, and Cleveland together in the winter when they could just as easily have swapped those with places like San Antonio or Ft. Lauderdale for the winter months since they're planning shows there anyway. San Antonio in August isn't really necessary.