• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Cleveland -- February 20-22, 2015

83 posts in this topic

Is there going to be a lot of snow for this show? I know it snows up there and was wondering if the snow dies down in feb.

February is one of the coldest and snowiest months in Cleveland. The bad weather does not usually go away until the beginning of April so I'd expect temps in the 20 degree range with possible heavy snow. People living in Cleveland don't want to be here in February so it should be interesting to see how it goes.

Cold and snowy here today. Roads were terrible coming in to work. Its nice and warm in my office but it still is depressing getting to work. I hope my point is obvious.

Cold and snowy here today. Roads were terrible coming in to work. Its nice and warm in my office but it still is depressing getting to work. I hope my point is obvious.
:D Point taken. Lived here my whole life. Could be sunny and 75 that weekend. Looks like Amy Pond is coming!

75 may be a stretch but I'd take 35 degrees over the -2 this morning. I'm really hoping this con does great and it could be a huge success since people here are kind of starved for celebrities. I'm hoping to make it to at least one day to see how it looks.

Winter cons are always a huge risk. This is especially true for northern cities, but we can just as easily get a ice storm down south that'll snarl things up. Still, it's a huge risk stringing cons in Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio together in February. Losing attendance at even one of those due to weather would be a big financial hit.

Winter cons are always a huge risk. This is especially true for northern cities, but we can just as easily get a ice storm down south that'll snarl things up. Still, it's a huge risk stringing cons in Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio together in February. Losing attendance at even one of those due to weather would be a big financial hit.

It sure seems like there is way too many celebrity cons going on this spring. The quality of celebrities seems pretty thin at the Cleveland show to justify the high ticket prices.

It sure seems like there is way too many celebrity cons going on this spring. The quality of celebrities seems pretty thin at the Cleveland show to justify the high ticket prices.

Scheduling a Cleveland show in February is flirting with disaster. Couldn't the dummkopfs at Wizard find a weekend from April to October to do this convention? If Wizard World Cleveland does poorly, then it would be difficult to justify a second one. Not really fair to the natives holding a show in the deep of winter.

Thanks Barth for the info. I forwarded it to some friends.

Does anyone know if there is a set-up (preview) on Thursday night. I've got that night free and it would be great to go buy some books.

Thanks Barth for the info. I forwarded it to some friends.

Does anyone know if there is a set-up (preview) on Thursday night. I've got that night free and it would be great to go buy some books.

Doubtful, otherwise it would probably be listed on the schedule. Only a few of the larger shows do a Thursday preview night.

this is a thin guest list...

Can people in Cleveland afford to shell out $40 for a day of this??? There isn't two days worth of guests. Can't imagine there's more than 2 hours worth of comic book shopping. Only 5 major artists....

Especially when there's a LOT of 'collectors' in Cleveland who save their money for the big convention in summer.

Let's keep an open mind about this one but it's not a good sign that they are offering half price tickets for Friday and Sunday. I really hope the dealers get a great reception but we will see.

Just giving this a :bump:

Hey don't know if you guys bought tickets yet. You can get discounted tix via Living Social for Fri and Sun. I just bought my ticket for Fri from there.

http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1384430-ticket-to-wizard-world-cleveland-comic-con?ref=mobile-email-share-post-purchase&rpi=186446614&rui=210449228

This will be my first event at the convention center. Does anybody know if the garage behind city hall is connected to the conv. center? Also, anybody know about how much the "drive up" parking fees will be?

Thanks.

Parking has always been tricky. I avoid events downtown as much as I can. Still can't figure out how Cleveland got a major political convention. Or, any major event.