• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Okay, you lost me with Vol 2 episode 8 and then #2. Is this part of the series or is this a new book ?

Still working this out. Got a lot of "encouragement" to start the new arc with a new numbering. But I want legacy - so trying to figure out how to denote that each issue of the new arc is part of Vol 2, but actually 7,8,9, etc.

Ideas? I'll take 'em!

Yeah, I don't recommend renumbering already...

People are now looking for this book, and they know how many have been released.

You reboot to a #1, it may cause people to just forget about picking it up.

I've spoken with people who won't even pick up Marvel or DC titles because they don't know where to start. You're on a much smaller scale (obviously), and I wouldn't mess with that if I were you.

My 2c .

Yeah, tell them to look at Walking Dead. It's up to issue 137 or so, and that show is doing fairly ok. No renumbering for Kirkman. Definitely on your side about continuing the numbering of the original series until it hits 800. Then start over with another Issue 1. :insane:

Yep, I would not change the numbering with monthly sales increasing but that is just my opinion. Its your book and you need to do what you think is best. DC used to have the triangle numbering system so that they could number crossover books in the order they should be read.

Do you think you'll sell more issues by renumbering ?

We've already had the one-shot and this amazing ongoing series. I think putting out a 3rd volume is not a great idea. The story is already there in those first 6 issues that will be built off of with the new arc. I understand pressure from those wanting to rebrand the book with new intentions, but I feel it would cause more harm.

Definitely add me to the keep it as 7, 8, 9 etc group, the story your trying to tell obviously is done in arcs but doesn't need a new no1 each time its shooting yourself in the foot. me thinks 2c

Edit:

If your being "encouraged" then maybe add part 2 or chapter 2 as suggested above but the numbering keep as is.

Edited by Archaeon90