• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

So with cover artists, some I can get or at least feel comfortable to ask since they are friends or professional acquaintances, others are likely out of my price range or simply unapproachable (like McFarlane - love the guy but he's drawn a line for the right reasons).

Love all of this though and really digging the dialogue.

So with cover artists, some I can get or at least feel comfortable to ask since they are friends or professional acquaintances, others are likely out of my price range or simply unapproachable (like McFarlane - love the guy but he's drawn a line for the right reasons).

I tried to keep my suggestions in the realm of the plausible - I think some people were dreaming big!... er... Enormous. Had to correct myself before someone else felt the need to.

My personal favorite would be to see Ketner do one, but I don't think many others know of or follow his work. He has drawn some neat monsters though, but typically not of the Kaiju variety.

Tell McFarlane he owes you a cover for that big ol' treasury you honored Image with when starting out on the series. :devil:

So if a store gets at most 10 b/w, how is it that cesradjr has had at least 100 copies all by himself...?

Very simple, not every Phantom retailer got the amount they initially requested, in fact the LCS I get mine from didn't get any Enormous Phantoms on the day of release, they were sent a few copies later on. Same thing with the Spread #1 Phantom variant, and I have a bad feeling they'll be shorted on the Spider-Gwen since the head honchos seem to pre-selling the bulk of the print run at scalper's prices

Bored during my last 15 minutes at work...

Since Nov 29th, 106 B&W Phantoms were sold

Currently # for sale on Ebay: 63

Total: 169

Plus, I have some...how many do ya'll have???

I guess this print run is up near 300-400. Still tiny, tiny though.

Edited by azcards4ever

So if a store gets at most 10 b/w, how is it that cesradjr has had at least 100 copies all by himself...?

Very simple, not every Phantom retailer got the amount they initially requested, in fact the LCS I get mine from didn't get any Enormous Phantoms on the day of release, they were sent a few copies later on. Same thing with the Spread #1 Phantom variant, and I have a bad feeling they'll be shorted on the Spider-Gwen since the head honchos seem to pre-selling the bulk of the print run at scalper's prices

Bored during my last 15 minutes at work...

Since Nov 29th, 106 B&W Phantoms were sold

Currently # for sale on Ebay: 63

Total: 169

Plus, I have some...how many do ya'll have???

I guess this print run is up near 300-400. Still tiny, tiny though.

I would bet some of those sold 3 months ago could have been sold a 2nd or even 3rd time since then. (shrug)