• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

Hey, If you go through Gotham, see if you can get your books to the store before the Con. I go there for my books and they're really good. Carlos subbed my first books for me and walked me through everything cuz i'm a noob.

Anyway, when I was at the Con last year, their booth was swamped with ppl asking for sigs and subs because they are authorized to witness for CGC.

So save yourself some time in a line and see if you can get in there before the con, or get in early.

I'm going on friday and we're usually there at 8:30. hope to meet some of the Canadian boardies there!!!

:whee:

So as I am not someone who really cares much about autographs I am curious as I have a recent Superman: Doomed #1 that I had Ken Lashley sign while he was doing my commission. At the upcoming show in August both Greg Pak and Charles Soule will be there so I am thinking of having them sign it as well.

How do I go about getting the book CGC'd afterwards? I've never had anything graded before let alone for signature verification

So as I am not someone who really cares much about autographs I am curious as I have a recent Superman: Doomed #1 that I had Ken Lashley sign while he was doing my commission. At the upcoming show in August both Greg Pak and Charles Soule will be there so I am thinking of having them sign it as well.

How do I go about getting the book CGC'd afterwards? I've never had anything graded before let alone for signature verification

With it already signed by Ken, you'd probably get a drop in the grade, if you submitted the book to be signed by Pak and Soule at Fan Expo. My suggestion, get an unsigned copy.

Maybe I asked wrong.. Does it need to be cgc'd to verify that the signatures are real?

No, a GCG representative has to witness the signature taking place, verifying it's real and then submit it to CGC for grading.

So the fact that I had Lashley sign it already without a witness it probably doesnt make sense to do it then huh?? Im gunna have them sign it anyways..same with Brian Azzarello with my Batman #612

Just curious, what does Azzarello have to do with Batman #612, written by Jeph Loeb with art by Jim Lee and Scott Williams?

Alright man..That's 2 for 2

Cut me some slack ok...