• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

interesting, some of those I have received and some not. could it be some spam filter on my end I wonder?

Or the settings your account has on the Fan Expo website?

im on the mailing list but have only received 4 or 5 emails in the past few months. I agree with what was previously said though, its so big now, they don't really need to promote it like a one day show

I don't think you're on the mailing list.

Seven e-mails in july, Ten in June.

Screenshot2014-07-28at75556PM_zpsab40b70d.png

I didn't get any of those. Mine are all exhibitor related. No updates on celebrities.

Do you have a retail storefront - brick and mortar or online? I've received two packages so far.

Retail, brick and mortar store for 50 years this year. Maybe it's something that I have to request. ???

Bought a ticket. It irks me that this show doesn't ever tell which comic dealers are coming. I'm figuring there are enough solid dealers that make it worth coming to.

There's usually a pretty good selection of books there but it depends on what you're after. Want to give me a hint and I'll see if I can bring what you're interested in?

DDs, GRs, and Batman's. The original series of course.

It would be nice to meet up with other board members.

I'll see what I can put together. (thumbs u

Make sure you say hi! I'll have a double-booth under the name Forest City Coins.

It would be cool to meet some boarded. I'll have my gf and kids with me, but I'm sure they will wander elsewhere when we start talking books.

Total nOOb here. This will be my first con. Looking to get some books graded. I saw Gotham City will be accepting submissions, and I had a couple quick questions:

Will the books be graded on site, so I could pick them up at the end of the show?

If not, does the $25 CDA fee include return shipping? I would love to have at least one book pressed before submitting, is there anywhere reliable and close (to Toronto) I could have this done in time to submit before the show? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Bought a ticket. It irks me that this show doesn't ever tell which comic dealers are coming. I'm figuring there are enough solid dealers that make it worth coming to.

There's usually a pretty good selection of books there but it depends on what you're after. Want to give me a hint and I'll see if I can bring what you're interested in?

Make sure you say hi! I'll have a double-booth under the name Forest City Coins.

It would be cool to meet some boarded. I'll have my gf and kids with me, but I'm sure they will wander elsewhere when we start talking books.

Stop by booth 720 and say hi! :hi:

Andy

Total nOOb here. This will be my first con. Looking to get some books graded. I saw Gotham City will be accepting submissions, and I had a couple quick questions:

Will the books be graded on site, so I could pick them up at the end of the show?

If not, does the $25 CDA fee include return shipping? I would love to have at least one book pressed before submitting, is there anywhere reliable and close (to Toronto) I could have this done in time to submit before the show? Thanks in advance for the replies.

You could send the books through Gotham to CCS for pressing and then they would be transferred to CGC.

There is no on site grading at Fan Expo.

I believe the $25 includes shipping back to the store located in Mississauga. If you want them shipped to your house then that is an additional cost.

Anything else just let me know. :)

You could send the books through Gotham to CCS for pressing and then they would be transferred to CGC.

I believe the $25 includes shipping back to the store located in Mississauga. If you want them shipped to your house then that is an additional cost.

I agree, I got to Gotham for all my stuff and if you pick up the book at the store it saves you some money, and you get to check put the store. Its a great place and Carlos and the guys are really good.

Tell him Justin sent you (thumbs u

Stop by booth 720 and say hi! :hi:

Andy

I definitely will!!!

...right after I fight the masses for sketches and books...

I agree, I got to Gotham for all my stuff and if you pick up the book at the store it saves you some money, and you get to check put the store. Its a great place and Carlos and the guys are really good.

Tell him Justin sent you (thumbs u

Tell em Jimmy Linguini sent you and see how fast they bounce you out the door

What are shipping prices from Canada to US, and Canada to Europe like?

Reason I ask is, that I would like to get an issue signed and submitted to CGC, so wanna work out if I should just get it shipped direct to me in UK or send it to one of the guys that hold stuff in US for me

What are shipping prices from Canada to US, and Canada to Europe like?

Reason I ask is, that I would like to get an issue signed and submitted to CGC, so wanna work out if I should just get it shipped direct to me in UK or send it to one of the guys that hold stuff in US for me

Three books to the UK $40.

LMK how many books you're thinking about and I can give you an exact quote. UK is fine - other Europe places depends on where - (thumbs u