• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

Is there going to be a Fan Expo Toronto show next month? ???

Has Fan Expo Toronto really not made an official thread for this, or started to promote the show here?

I can't find a list of exhibitors, even though they say there are over 1000 exhibits.

As someone who is setting up at this show, I'm pretty disappointed in their lack of promotion.

Has Fan Expo Toronto really not made an official thread for this, or started to promote the show here?

I can't find a list of exhibitors, even though they say there are over 1000 exhibits.

As someone who is setting up at this show, I'm pretty disappointed in their lack of promotion.

As an attendee, I'm very pleased with their lack of promotion. 100K+ in attendance is more than enough bodies for me to navigate around, through, under and over.

Bought a ticket. It irks me that this show doesn't ever tell which comic dealers are coming. I'm figuring there are enough solid dealers that make it worth coming to.

There's usually a pretty good selection of books there but it depends on what you're after. Want to give me a hint and I'll see if I can bring what you're interested in?

Unfortunately life has reared it's ugly head and I am no longer able to attend.

Keep your eyes peeled for Mint Spiderwoman #9's for me everyone :foryou:

As long as you are there that's all that matters. :whee:

If they don't start promoting, the fans won't be there. :cry:

If they don't start promoting, the fans won't be there. :cry:

The fans always show but most of them don't buy comics doh! , its become a big toy show. Bring a FF#1 please!

Pretty weak considering it's only a few weeks away and supposed to be the biggest show in the country. :(

I keep hoping that Fan Expo will evolve into a decent comic show one day as Toronto was a good comic town back when I was younger but I'm losing hope.

I'm surprised about all the negativity regarding the show...I actually think it looks like a good set-up. I guess it depends on why you're going in the first place as I only really care about meeting the artist's and getting commissions.

I did have to spend $90 for 2 Sunday tickets, which I think is a huge rip off. Only a 2 hour drive from Buffalo so atleast the trip is quick

Hoping to get a Reis and Bradshaw Superman sketch!!

I'm surprised about all the negativity regarding the show...I actually think it looks like a good set-up. I guess it depends on why you're going in the first place as I only really care about meeting the artist's and getting commissions.

I did have to spend $90 for 2 Sunday tickets, which I think is a huge rip off. Only a 2 hour drive from Buffalo so atleast the trip is quick

Hoping to get a Reis and Bradshaw Superman sketch!!

You're just hearing some feedback from someone who's paying for tables and setting up. The expectations will be different for me than for you.

They threw out a number of 120,000 people on their website. For any vendor, you'd love for this to be true. However, when you don't see any kind of promotion, outside of Facebook, then it leaves me a little bit disappointed.

Likely it will turn out to be a good show, because it usually is, but when I don't even see one of their representatives come on the CGC boards and pump the hell out of their show, then I start to wonder who's running this part of the operations and does he/she know what they're doing.