• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

:news: Meeklo - you can't honestly feign innocence and being naive again. :news:

You did this VERY same thing in the PIF thread months ago and were called out on it. It's not a one time, innocent mistake. It starts to look like a pattern. (shrug)

LINK

:popcorn:

Wow - the fact that this is not the first occurrence changes my stance on the whole thing. You did not learn from the previous attempt? Sounds like you passed up on a lot of stuff that would be in your price range and went out to get a IF 14 and a ASM 50. You even tried the exact same plan of starting off really small to see if anyone would bite and increased the offer when people complained. Just wow!

It took time to finally decide what would be in my offer. Uncleben's offer was generous and I got a book that I have really been wanting...so, without further delay-my current offer, 5 books in all (let me know if you want/need/require more pictures-no scanner at home):

This one is hard for me grad wise-structurally I'd say 8.0 or 8.5, but the fading, not sure; say, anywhere between 3.0 and 4.5

141nk3n.jpg

One of my favorite books 8.0ish

11w4h3s.jpg

Second Hobgoblin, and great cover IMO, tear at staple, 5.0ish

epoar.jpg

And I love these covers and stories

255rmz5.jpg

10z4wpl.jpg

And the search for an FF50 begins...brown, why does it have to be brown?

2) Apparently Meeklo wasn't really concerned about that. It's been discussed ad nauseam. From a reasonable person standpoint, it was clear that 1Cool was going to use a veto after discussions in PM. Meeklo essentially tried to trump being fired by quitting.

Yeah...except that's not what happened and most people on here see it now. Every time you re-iterate what you think happened, you shoot yourself in the foot.

I'm done explaining it over again. Like Hector said, we need to stop arguing about this.

If you want to moderate, then listen to everyone's POV. Otherwise you have chaos. You never once PM'd me and allow me to explain what I did...you just made assumptions. That's not how you moderate a thread.

:eyeroll:

This thread has a No PMs with Amazon Drop Shipper's Rule.

There is nothing wrong with buying them from Amazon. Me spending money that I barely have hurts as well. I'm not quite sure where this negative opinion of Amazon came from but it should probably stop.

Let me ask, have you watched this thread? Most of the items exchanged have been valued at $100+, correct? Have you noticed that fact?

As someone with a small budget, I know I can't participate. I could only return with small items like you offered. That is why I wouldn't participate.

Why did you try to participate know you didn't have the income?

I don't condone Harvey's response, but I'm curious about your motivation to take an offer…

And that is the exact reason I'm not contesting the strike. I should have researched values better before posting a :takeit: for that ASM #50. If anyone goes back…especially to the post I rescinded in, I say that is the reason for me rescinding.

I will contest the strike on the basis that "I rescinded to avoid an impending strike" like Harvey keeps saying over and over ad nauseum, which is not what happened. Most people seem to understand this now.

I know this is a hard job that Harvey made for himself, I would just like for him to give at least some of the benefit of the doubt and realize that his view may have been incorrect. If he is unable to have any understanding for the "offender" he will be repeating this again and again.

I think, at this point, you need to take your strike and go home for a bit. You pulled Amazon books up and knew their value right away. You say yourself you just went to Amazon so there is no way you didn't know their value.

Anyone that knows anything about Silver Marvels knows what sort of book ASM 50 is. You knew the book was worth at least $50. I'd wager the book was worth around $100.

Your offer wasn't up to snuff. I'd give it a rest and come back in a month. Trust me- Harvey is a well respected member here. People will side with him and you are just looking bitter.

Heck I even got a little outraged at first at the initial response. Then I spoke with Harvey.

I can't believe this is still coming up.

Neither can I. I'm not trying to bring it up either. I would much prefer for the whole thing to die but as long as Harvey keeps using his assumptions to prove he's doing the right thing when a bunch of people see a completely different situation, it's going to keep coming up.

I can't believe this is still coming up.

But I think it gets down to the root of most of the issues we are dealing with. How do you feign ignorance when you take something worth around $100 and offer up something you just bought on Amazon for $15?? Not once but twice?? And it sounds like just the tip of the iceberg if we do not stop it if the PIF thread is an indication.

I think, at this point, you need to take your strike and go home for a bit. You pulled Amazon books up and knew their value right away. You say yourself you just went to Amazon so there is no way you didn't know their value.

Anyone that knows anything about Silver Marvels knows what sort of book ASM 50 is. You knew the book was worth at least $50. I'd wager the book was worth around $100.

Your offer wasn't up to snuff. I'd give it a rest and come back in a month. Trust me- Harvey is a well respected member here. People will side with him and you are just looking bitter.

Heck I even got a little outraged at first at the initial response. Then I spoke with Harvey.

Of course I knew the value of those items…it was the value of the ASM #50 in it's condition that I misjudged. I thought it would be around $40-$50 when it was actually around $75-$85. That is why I'm not contesting the strike. My offer was not up to snuff and I could not afford to offer anymore, so I rescinded. Pure and simple, that's it.

I said I can't believe this is still coming up because...

The fact is Meeklo you got a strike. Like it or not, it is what it is.

You can keep coming in here every time your name gets mentioned but the Strike isn't going away.

Furthermore I think it's done you more harm than good.

You can saw all that you want about PMs etc but none of that matters. You have a strike, case closed.

As for everyone else wanting answers to how people are treated etc, there are plenty of other threads to go fix.

The majority has spoken here, move on. There is nothing else for you to talk about. Life isn't fair, and these threads are even a greater indicator.

Just stop with the "I'm Right and I'm going to prove it dammit" attitude.

You keep posting it a million times, it's not going to change anything. At some point you need to pick your battles and move on.

Why is that so hard for some of you?

FYI before someone mistakens who this is directed, it's Meeklo and Valiant. Don't respond to me cause at this point I really don't care what you have to say, because it's probably the same thing you've already said.

I'm done.

PEACE

Of course I knew the value of those items…it was the value of the ASM #50 in it's condition that I misjudged. I thought it would be around $40-$50 when it was actually around $75-$85. That is why I'm not contesting the strike. My offer was not up to snuff and I could not afford to offer anymore, so I rescinded. Pure and simple, that's it.

If that is the case then why was your first offer in the $15 to $20 range?

And please do not respond that you were not done tweaking your offer. I was discussing your offer from the get go and it was clear to me that your original offer was there to stay until me and others pushed you to bump up your offer. And you went through the same thing in the PIF so where did you not learn?

Edited by 1Cool

There is a very simple rule in respect, Hector: you can’t dictate whether a person should or should not reply, or how he should take lessons. :foryou:

I am not defending Meeklo‘s current attitude here, I was talking of something different since the beginning.

C'mon, I am not trolling, it’s just an important thing. I do not mean to have "the last word" and I am not angry at you. :D

I agree Meeklo should learn from this experience, we all learn from experiences, we can’t just assume the learning curve is the same for everyone.

C'mon, I am not trolling, it’s just an important thing. I do not mean to have "the last word" and I am not angry at you. :D

I agree Meeklo should learn from this experience, we all learn from experiences, we can’t just assume the learning curve is the same for everyone.

Hearing why Meeklo thought he was doing the right thing for the second time is much more pertinent than us learning to forgive him for being a slow learner.

If that is the case then why was your first offer in the $15 to $20 range?

And please do not respond that you were not done tweaking your offer. I was discussing your offer from the get go and it was clear to me that you original offer was there to stay until me and other pushed you to bump up your offer. And you went through the same thing in the PIF so where did you not learn?

I did learn. My two mistakes:

1. I did not properly assess the value of that ASM #50 before posting :takeit:

2. I should have posted all my offers at once instead of tweaking them as I go. Yes, I was tweaking them as we were talking via PM, is it completely outside the realm of possibility that this could happen? Just like I rescinded a minute before you vetoed, I happen to be tweaking as you were telling me to tweak it. All coincidence, and unless someone thinks it is completely impossible that that coincidence could happen, we should just move on.

I got a strike….I'll post more RAKs after that month is up but I will not do anymore exchanges. I'm tired of having to defend myself to some who refuse to believe that scenarios outside of what they assume could in fact happen.

Please do not ask anymore questions and try not to bring this up anymore, I will not be discussing this anymore…even if any of you want to stick to your assumptions.

It took time to finally decide what would be in my offer. Uncleben's offer was generous and I got a book that I have really been wanting...so, without further delay-my current offer, 5 books in all (let me know if you want/need/require more pictures-no scanner at home):

This one is hard for me grad wise-structurally I'd say 8.0 or 8.5, but the fading, not sure; say, anywhere between 3.0 and 4.5

141nk3n.jpg

One of my favorite books 8.0ish

11w4h3s.jpg

Second Hobgoblin, and great cover IMO, tear at staple, 5.0ish

epoar.jpg

And I love these covers and stories

255rmz5.jpg

10z4wpl.jpg

And the search for an FF50 begins...brown, why does it have to be brown?

:bump: arbitration

Ugh I just got a migraine reading the last 3-4 pages of this thread

You have a migraine? Imaging the headache the people that battled the same thing over in PIF for years only to see it move over here must feel. Seems like the same discussions - same people - time after time.

Ugh I just got a migraine reading the last 3-4 pages of this thread

You have a migraine? Imaging the headache the people that battled the same thing over in PIF for years only to see it move over here must feel. Seems like the same discussions - same people - time after time.

Hasn’t Heraclitus taught anything up to the present day? lol

Edited by vaillant

In the sake of not having this thread derailed(more then it is at the moment) I suggest that we do a group PM, to discuss this issue, and also for future issues. I say this because when discussions like this take place the current offer gets lost in the commotion, takes away from the meaning of the thread and scares away potential participants that see it, making them rather not get involved in something that they would view as hostile.