• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Harvey's being great and protecting my identity but I wasn't trying to make it a big secret, just was away all day and not back until now...but yes I did post a quick "I'll take it" and offer early this morning...but then I wondered, as it was all non-comics, and that movie poster is huge...if it would find a market or slow things down after such an awesome offer of FF and JIM books.

So I quickly pulled it and sent it to Harvey and then another thread regular to get their opinions. As it was going to be my first non RAK I wanted to do well so I just felt I should prescreen...

Anyway, I think the stuff I was going to offer is really cool and I hope people agree...if so, I'll try again at another time. If not, I'll keep looking and keep on RAKin!

But last thing I wanted to do was grind things to a halt or anything which is why I wish I'd just gone to Harvey before even posting it at all for the 10-15 minutes it was up early this morning.

Thanks all and sorry for any confusion and optical illusions for those who happened to be up early and catch a glimpse of it!

Frank

No worries.

I'm now regretting that I mentioned it - my intention was not to call anyone out or anything like that. I couldn't even remember who posted.

I had been up most the night, couldn't sleep - it was about 5 am here in Cali, I think?

It was one of those things where I noticed it ( I thought yay!) and when I tried to get back to it I thought, "jeez, I better get some sleep". Then I figured " I couldn't have imagined it - I know it was there... I think? "

So later on, against my better judgement (typical for me sometimes) I posted about it.

Anyways, no harm no foul. And I wouldn't of vetoed your offer, that's fer sure.

-David

David - no worries at all! Nothing to regret on your end, I think you just wanted to make sure you weren't just imagining giant six foot Spider-Man posters, John Romita giclees and Mark Bagley watches....we've all done it before. Usually it's a combination of an illegal (in most states) substance and Taco Bell...

:roflmao:

And thanks for saying you liked the offer...I'm getting the sense from others they did too. But it still might have been the kind of offer that would've had a tough time finding a market. That was my concern and why I wanted to show it around a bit first. So glad yours finally got taken, those were great books!

Frank

Edited by fmaz

That moment when I need to leave to go take a final. But I dont want to miss the next offer. :insane:

Good luck on your final! And don't worry about the next offer...what's the worst that can happen? It can be a once in a lifetime offer full of all your hopes and dreams?

Oh...yeah. That would stink.

Well, good luck on your final anyway!

:facepalm:

And hey, with the way things are going lately, the occasional hope and/or dream doesn't even get claimed for 24 hours so I think you're safe!

(thumbs u

It took time to finally decide what would be in my offer. Uncleben's offer was generous and I got a book that I have really been wanting...so, without further delay-my current offer, 5 books in all (let me know if you want/need/require more pictures-no scanner at home):

This one is hard for me grad wise-structurally I'd say 8.0 or 8.5, but the fading, not sure; say, anywhere between 3.0 and 4.5

141nk3n.jpg

One of my favorite books 8.0ish

11w4h3s.jpg

Second Hobgoblin, and great cover IMO, tear at staple, 5.0ish

epoar.jpg

And I love these covers and stories

255rmz5.jpg

10z4wpl.jpg

And the search for an FF50 begins...brown, why does it have to be brown?

That moment when I need to leave to go take a final. But I dont want to miss the next offer. :insane:

Good luck on your final! And don't worry about the next offer...what's the worst that can happen? It can be a once in a lifetime offer full of all your hopes and dreams?

Oh...yeah. That would stink.

Well, good luck on your final anyway!

:facepalm:

And hey, with the way things are going lately, the occasional hope and/or dream doesn't even get claimed for 24 hours so I think you're safe!

(thumbs u

Thank you. And thank you for making me laugh. 1 final down, two more to go.

-Kystix

@eeyore, those prints are awesome! I PMed MoJoePin about them. He's a big Bettie Page collector! Hopefully he sees them in time! :wishluck:

Regarding the mystery :takeit: . I woke up this morning with a PM from the person. We discussed his offer at length. I explained that it appeared he was really trying and discussed what may or may not happen. I think he just wanted to think about it a little more. I'll leave it up to him how he wishes to proceed. But thank you for the positive words of encouragement David. Definitely appreciated. (thumbs u

Harvey's being great and protecting my identity but I wasn't trying to make it a big secret, just was away all day and not back until now...but yes I did post a quick "I'll take it" and offer early this morning...but then I wondered, as it was all non-comics, and that movie poster is huge...if it would find a market or slow things down after such an awesome offer of FF and JIM books.

So I quickly pulled it and sent it to Harvey and then another thread regular to get their opinions. As it was going to be my first non RAK I wanted to do well so I just felt I should prescreen...

Anyway, I think the stuff I was going to offer is really cool and I hope people agree...if so, I'll try again at another time. If not, I'll keep looking and keep on RAKin!

But last thing I wanted to do was grind things to a halt or anything which is why I wish I'd just gone to Harvey before even posting it at all for the 10-15 minutes it was up early this morning.

Thanks all and sorry for any confusion and optical illusions for those who happened to be up early and catch a glimpse of it!

Frank

(thumbs u

[*][3](a)If you claim something, you must post your offering within 24 hours.

(b) Rescission of a claim/offer will result in a strike.

Am I missing something? (shrug)

I didn't see it. No one quoted it. For all I know, fmaz put up an :takeit: and IMMEDIATELY rescinded it and deleted it.

That is not rescinding an offer or trying to avoid a strike. That is a new member that is trying to muster up the courage to join in a new thread and is toeing in. I'm not actively looking to hand out strikes. If I didn't point something out for discussion, why are others?

You realize I am toeing a very fine line between establishing easy to follow rules with consequences and not scaring away people FROM participating in this thread.

Please. Stop digging and looking for things. :foryou:

[*][3](a)If you claim something, you must post your offering within 24 hours.

(b) Rescission of a claim/offer will result in a strike.

Am I missing something? (shrug)

Oh boy.

I really, really, really hope fmaz doesn't get a strike. :wishluck:

I'm the one who mentioned his posts, and if I didn't bring it up, I feel these follow-up posts wouldn't be happening.

I am really sorry I brought the whole thing up. :(

edit: just saw Mr. Swick's response - happened while I was composing this post.

WHEW!

Edited by ucleben

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

You smell Napalm?

Ok, the rules will be upheld at your whim, I got it now. (thumbs u

You going to contribute or just troll her every now and then?

Ok, the rules will be upheld at your whim, I got it now. (thumbs u

Why not? I'm the OP. I'm the moderator of the thread.

Exactly.

No matter how well the rules are written, grey area scenarios will happen. Having one moderator to decide after hearing from the parties involved is the best way to handle it. Same thing will go for offers not claimed after the time limit. If Justin feels they put up an effort he can stop a strike.

This is how it should be.. 2c