• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I can only assume that naming the thread after a poem of a tree that gave of itself with no expectation of getting anything in return is ironic.

The Giving Tree - a book I read to my daughter often and love :cloud9: - was and is the inspiration behind this thread. I always liked the beginning part of the Giving Tree where the little boy enjoyed the tree without taking. It was only until he started taking and taking and taking and nothing was left OF the tree except a stump that something felt wrong with the story.

This is precisely WHY I quoted the first part of the story and colored it green and also why I put this little note at the end.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Just remember - if all you do is take and give nothing back, there will be nothing left of the tree.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Yes, this thread is (supposed to be) about giving. This place is supposed to be a place where people can feel generous and give back to the community without being taken advantage of. Unfortunately, there are some that don't share in this belief. That is why I'm forced to come up with rule after rule to prevent some from essentially taking so much from the tree that there is nothing left.

Way to be an a-hole then!
Classy! I look forward to your next attempt at making money off of the generosity of others.

…wait a second…I never posted that!

Jeez people…I'm breaking from this thread…seriously.

I like Strawberry ice cream!

See…I can do it too!

I think intentionally misquoting people like this may be CGC strike worthy.

Sounds like what people have been doing to me for quite a while….misquoting…or better yet, not reading.

Yes, I did delete my post calling Cricket an a-hole…even though he was kinda being one. There really was no reason to keep dragging this out other than being an a-hole, pure and simple. It was completely uncalled for and serves no purpose than to agitate others.

MY APOLOGIES TO BOBOSET…he did nothing wrong at all!

I did that to prove that, with the exception of some people on here, a few of you are quick to think one thing without seeing the whole picture.

And I can understand, people like GIJOEISAWESOME and Symbiotic left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

But just because I'm newer than Harvey for example, does not mean what Harvey sees is correct. And yes, it does not mean I am correct either. Those few people have refused to think for themselves, they are letting others think for them and quickly taking their side.

Is it possible for someone to delete their post? Yes it is!

Is it possible to purposely mis-quote someone? Yep!

Is it possible than Harvey was right and I'm being a feminine hygiene product? Not out of the realm of possibility.

Is it possible I have been truthful and honest through this whole ordeal? Absolutely!

So enough people…hopefully we have all learned from the past few days. I do want to take a break from this thread for a while just to make sure no one acts up again because I'm around.

I know some eye rolling emoticons will probably be posted in response to this, but that is part of the problem I'm talking about.

So…please…for the love of whatever deity you believe in…let us all LET THIS GO!

I'll be back with a RAK in a month…until then, everyone play nice with each other.

You're still here? Do you really think anyone is still falling for your schtick?

What's with these dudes that whenever there's some bickering love to pop up and say how the giving tree sucks????

Is it possible I have been truthful and honest through this whole ordeal? Absolutely!

hm

If you had been absolutely honest throughout this, You wouldn't have made a post, deleted it, then denied making the post after it was quoted.

So no, it's not possible you have been truthful without qualification (absolute).

But that's OK, we're all only human here. :foryou:

Relief has never come to me by confessing the sins of others, I need to admit my own.

I've found that humble expiation means clearing up my side of the street while not mentioning the transgressions of others.

Edited by ucleben

Way to be an a-hole then!
Classy! I look forward to your next attempt at making money off of the generosity of others.

…wait a second…I never posted that!

Jeez people…I'm breaking from this thread…seriously.

I like Strawberry ice cream!

See…I can do it too!

I think intentionally misquoting people like this may be CGC strike worthy.

Sounds like what people have been doing to me for quite a while….misquoting…or better yet, not reading.

Yes, I did delete my post calling Cricket an a-hole…even though he was kinda being one. There really was no reason to keep dragging this out other than being an a-hole, pure and simple. It was completely uncalled for and serves no purpose than to agitate others.

MY APOLOGIES TO BOBOSET…he did nothing wrong at all!

I did that to prove that, with the exception of some people on here, a few of you are quick to think one thing without seeing the whole picture.

And I can understand, people like GIJOEISAWESOME and Symbiotic left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

But just because I'm newer than Harvey for example, does not mean what Harvey sees is correct. And yes, it does not mean I am correct either. Those few people have refused to think for themselves, they are letting others think for them and quickly taking their side.

Is it possible for someone to delete their post? Yes it is!

Is it possible to purposely mis-quote someone? Yep!

Is it possible that Harvey was right and I'm being a feminine hygiene product? Not out of the realm of possibility.

So enough people…hopefully we have all learned from the past few days. I do want to take a break from this thread for a while just to make sure no one acts up again because I'm around.

I know some eye rolling emoticons will probably be posted in response to this, but that is part of the problem I'm talking about.

So…please…for the love of whatever deity you believe in…let us all LET THIS GO!

I'll be back with a RAK in a month…until then, everyone play nice with each other.

Meeklo - you can SEE right why people might not be willing to trust your word, right? You're flip flopping in what you say all over the place. :juggle: I mean you can see right above... (shrug) I hope we can drop it from this point forward. I can promise you with 100% certainty that I won't address you or the situation any further after hitting "Submit" on this post. I really am sorry if you feel you have been mistreated in this thread. I really shouldn't have just " :roflmao: " and ridiculed you in public. I should have taken the discussion via PM and I am trying to work on that in the future. I just really need you to see - only YOU are responsible for your actions and no one else.

What's with these dudes that whenever there's some bickering love to pop up and say how the giving tree sucks????

good point. Why is that?

Debbie Downers

You're right. I apologize. I won't bother you guys any more.

Why not just try to jump in and actually participate? I know you're a great contributor and participant in the PIF thread... why not here? (shrug)

You're right. I apologize. I won't bother you guys any more.

Why not just try to jump in and actually participate? I know you're a great contributor and participant in the PIF thread... why not here? (shrug)

+ 1

Some art I did for the OS ring guide-would the OA be of any interest if I took an offer and posted it?

1zqezc7.jpg

24maoic.jpg

2uqc1tz.jpg

wrmbvc.jpg

To follow up, kav, you've been more than generous in this thread. So let's just say that if you take something and anyone has a problem with it, I'll help you improve your offer.

Harvey will mess rivets if you do that

Firstly, I don't think your offer would need help. Secondly, if it did, then there's precedence. I give something to you, you offer it to the thread.

If you find something you like, take it and offer what you want. I don't think anyone is going to complain. The rules are here to protect against people who take and don't give. You've given much and haven't taken much.