• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured Auction

338 posts in this topic

Anyone keeping any eye on this?

I am liking the Perez Teen Titans Judas Contract page - fond memories of that.

Also a few pages from the original Marvel series Transformers issue #1 --- just can't make out if those are mostly hand drawn art or stats.

A great Frank Miller Wolverine Mini page with action in all panels and Wolverine in costume.

I'm really liking the Comiclink auctions lately. I'm also sending them some of my stuff to sell soon.

What items are you guys keeping an eye out on? Seems like a lot of key original art there.

I am liking the Perez Teen Titans Judas Contract page - fond memories of that.

FYI, that page pre-dated the official start of The Judas Contract by a few issues, though it does have Terra on it.

Also a few pages from the original Marvel series Transformers issue #1 --- just can't make out if those are mostly hand drawn art or stats.

I used to own these pages so I can comment. Unfortunately, the two pages/spreads listed from Transformers #1 are mostly stats. The intro of the Autobots was adapted from this page.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=536807&GSub=9402

They took a single page and spread it out into a double page spread. Almost all the character were photostatted and moved. I believe Windcharger may have been the only character hand-drawn on the page.

The intro of the Decepticons page is also 70% stat. Only the 2nd panel is all original. The character images in the other panels are all stats and added backgrounds/word balloons to the pages.

Many of the pages from this issue have stats on them as they severely reworked the story. A few pages upfront (including the pages which introduced Megatron and Optimus Prime) were totally revised and redrawn. There are also some unpublished pages from this story floating around from which they statted some of the images.

Still great content though!

aaarrrgggh! I just got through the Heritage August listings last night (Triumph and Torment page! they seem to be coming out of the woodwork, gotta plan for this one instead of falling asleep like the last one!). Then this! (I have two pieces for sale in this auction, so go buy the Starman cover.) That Elektra is swiggity sweet!

I used to own these pages so I can comment. Unfortunately, the two pages/spreads listed from Transformers #1 are mostly stats. The intro of the Autobots was adapted from this page.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=536807&GSub=9402

They took a single page and spread it out into a double page spread. Almost all the character were photostatted and moved. I believe Windcharger may have been the only character hand-drawn on the page.

The intro of the Decepticons page is also 70% stat. Only the 2nd panel is all original. The character images in the other panels are all stats and added backgrounds/word balloons to the pages.

Many of the pages from this issue have stats on them as they severely reworked the story. A few pages upfront (including the pages which introduced Megatron and Optimus Prime) were totally revised and redrawn. There are also some unpublished pages from this story floating around from which they statted some of the images.

Still great content though!

Thanks for the info! If only some vintage Transformers covers would surface!

aaarrrgggh! I just got through the Heritage August listings last night (Triumph and Torment page! they seem to be coming out of the woodwork, gotta plan for this one instead of falling asleep like the last one!). Then this! (I have two pieces for sale in this auction, so go buy the Starman cover.) That Elektra is swiggity sweet!

Its awesome. Looks to me like a leyendecker homage too

As both a buyer and a seller, Comic Link continues to impress me for their service and quality. Their model isn't so "greedy" and as a seller, it's a simple transaction fee which amounts to less than what eBay charges in conjunction with Pay Pal, and delivers a quality focused clientele, with a better protection against fraud. As a buyer, I love the fact that what I bid is what I pay, aside from a reasonable shipping fee, it's not like other auctions like Heritage where I have to factor in the whole sales tax and/or commissions, which sometimes along with shipping amount to nearly 30% more than the bid price offered.

I think Comic Link is gaining access to better and better pieces. The only qualms I have, and it's both beneficial and detrimental depending on how you see it and what side of the fence you're on... is the online bidding format that ends at a finite time VS auctions by Heritage which aren't timed and has the "going going gone" aspect of last minute bids maximizing opportunity (as a seller to garner a higher price) and as a buyer, nearly eliminating the "sniper" aspect of an auction and if you're there, you have ample opportunity to bid and buy and not get outbid (sure get bid up and overpay) for any piece.

to the OP:

fyi, if you consign/ship your OA to cLink in August (e.g. Wizard World Chicago), it will not be in a Focused Auction until Nov/14 which may not be ideal for max. bids, as it is 1 month before X-mas and after the summer comicon season. :wishluck:

Heritage remains top dog, and with their resources, I don't expect that to change anytime soon. But the gap in quality of lots between them and Clink has certainly narrowed...more than I ever thought it would. Gotta give credit where credit is due...an impressive showing by Clink in the last year or so.

That gap narrowing is entirely due to Clink's climb, too. It's not like Heritage has had a dip in the quality of their consignments. The big loser appears to be eBay, where decent auctions are scarcer than ever. It's too bad as there used to be unique benefits for both buyers and sellers on eBay, but the overall experience has become less and less satisfying over time. Thus, the competition benefits.

And, oh yeah, that Elektra cover is amazing.

According to Comic Link

July 2014 Focused Auction starts on July 2nd

Summer Featured Auction starts on August 28th.

The "Focused" Auction usually features lower ranged items and the "Featured" Auction features the higher end "Grail" pieces.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/preview.asp?code=2014aug

Growing Summer Featured Auction Preview

The Best in Vintage Comics and Original Art

Bidding Begins: Aug 28

to the OP:

fyi, if you consign/ship your OA to cLink in August (e.g. Wizard World Chicago), it will not be in a Focused Auction until Nov/14 which may not be ideal for max. bids, as it is 1 month before X-mas and after the summer comicon season. :wishluck:

I agree with others ...that Comiclink rising up to the plate affects eBay more than Heritage.

I don't think people really still consign with eBay anymore. It's really becoming a pain to screen what is really art there. Many are just prints, or pinups of heroes in uncharacteristic sexy poses done by hacks.

Most people who advertise in classifieds tend to price too high. Ebay lacks quality art. So the best option lately is really through auction and Comiclink is one of the best places.

Looking forward to my consignments to get there and I will post in this thread once it's up and running there!

to the OP:

This isn't true -- we will be accepting both comic and art consignments at both the San Diego and the Chicago show, that will make the Summer auction which starts August 28th. It's actually a super quick turnaround if you consign in Chicago! Josh