• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,543 posts in this topic

somehow, i never posted my copy to this thread; odd that i didn't, but better late than never.

captamer1.jpg

That's a beauty! (worship)

+1 Just a phenomenal book right there!! that's the kind of stuff dreams are made of (thumbs u

Members of the Captain America Comics #1 Club as of 6/3/15:

7 CGC Universal copies, 1 CGC Universal cover, 2 CGC Restored copies and 3 raw copes.

CGC Universal:

9.4 (OW); sartre (11)

7.0 (OW/W); Moetown (8)

5.0 (OW/W); Jaydogrules (28)

5.0 (OW); Ihcomics (1)

5.0 (OW); Dark Knight (29)

4.0 (OW); Straw-Man (34)

3.5 (LT/OW); Ameri (5)

CVR (OW/W); Knightsofold (34)

CGC Restored:

7.0 (CRM/OW)--Extensive (P); AnkurJ (1)

0.5 (SB); Wayne-Tec (1)

Raw Copies:

buttock (1)

gadzukes (3)

geofan (7)

Edited by Wayne-Tec

You ve got to be kidding me. Worth the 4k someone paid for it at MCS. I think they are better off selling as is unrestored. The splash page itself it pretty awesome--much better than a repo cover......conserved my tuchas........sad to see this from CBCS

I don't understand why the confusion about the conserved label. It's basically a coverless book with a few missing pages, all that's done to it is staples replaced.

Yes the cover sounds like a joke, but none of it is part of the book, really. I guess maybe it's mere existence is what would make it restored? I don't think so, personally.

I don't understand why the confusion about the conserved label. It's basically a coverless book with a few missing pages, all that's done to it is staples replaced.

Yes the cover sounds like a joke, but none of it is part of the book, really. I guess maybe it's mere existence is what would make it restored? I don't think so, personally.

And how does trimming a book "conserve" it? How is that colouring book looking front cover considered "professional"?

How do you know the book doesn't have new staples simply because the original ones were missing?

Herein lies the problem when you try to parse the word "conserved" from what is in reality, restored (and in the case of this book, poorly restored, regardless of what is claimed on the label). The issue here isn't the grade, it is the buffoon-ish label.

-J.

The book isn't trimmed though. The back cover is trimmed, but it isn't even from the right book -- it just shouldn't be there. And the front cover is a color reproduction, again should have no bearing on the grading besides being a coverless book. The rest of the book is legit coverless with the exception of replaced staples and missing pages according to the label. A coverless book with some excess paper wrapping it that has no business even being there need not be considered restored.

Anyways, I don't have much interest in promoting my opinion about it so I'll bow out.

I have a unrestored/ "conserved" book to sell and only 5 or 6 in the world and it looks just as bad?. Its 10% of the price. That cap would sell better if you sold the real pages/back cover or get a better copy of the front cover sorry but that cover !!!!!!!!

<a  href=DoubleActionComics1_zps339aeb2a.jpg' alt

And how does trimming a book "conserve" it? How is that colouring book looking front cover considered "professional"?

How do you know the book doesn't have new staples simply because the original ones were missing?

Herein lies the problem when you try to parse the word "conserved" from what is in reality, restored (and in the case of this book, poorly restored, regardless of what is claimed on the label). The issue here isn't the grade, it is the buffoon-ish label.

-J.

Your arguments don't make sense until the reader realizes that you are effectively just substituting the word "restored" for "bad."

A the dictionary defines "restored" and "conserved" I wouldn't say I'm sure this book qualifies as either, except in regard to the staples. The rest is all extraneous stuff and defects.

Edited by bluechip

I'm more shocked about the "Professional work" designation than about the "Conserved" label.

There are NO professionals out there that would have treated the comic this way.

That cover is an absolute joke. WTF???

There are plenty of correct cover recreations out there that could have been purchased... why choose this piece of toilet paper with the incorrect back cover?

Shame on Voldemort for how they handled this one.

Members of the Captain America Comics #1 Club as of 6/3/15:

7 CGC Universal copies, 1 CGC Universal cover, 2 CGC Restored copies and 3 raw copes.

CGC Universal:

9.4 (OW); sartre (11)

7.0 (OW/W); Moetown (8)

5.0 (OW/W); Jaydogrules (28)

5.0 (OW); Ihcomics (1)

5.0 (OW); Dark Knight (29)

4.0 (OW); Straw-Man (34)

3.5 (LT/OW); Ameri (5)

CVR (OW/W); Knightsofold (34)

CGC Restored:

7.0 (CRM/OW)--Extensive (P); AnkurJ (1)

0.5 (SB); Wayne-Tec (1)