• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,543 posts in this topic

my initial comment should have been "if cover is split or detached/reattached with tape" and "cf reattached with tape", then 2.0 as high as cgc goes I believe...

I was rushing through on phone, and didn't properly confirm siri had gotten it right...

I have not pulled notes, just guestimating based on the notes of tape, that is the obvious reason (given nothing is readily visibly apparent)

it also could have possibly been a restored copy, with the glue (and maybe some ct) removed... that's a "visual" possibility without any confirmation on my end

Always here to help my fellow boardies!

Grader Notes: Center Spine Large Spine Split

Interior Small Multiple Tape

Left Bottom Front Cover Multiple Crease Breaks Color

Left Top Front Cover Small Color Lift

Spine Multiple Tape

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

Spine Weak

Staple Multiple Front Cover Detached

Always here to help my fellow boardies!

Grader Notes: Center Spine Large Spine Split

Interior Small Multiple Tape

Left Bottom Front Cover Multiple Crease Breaks Color

Left Top Front Cover Small Color Lift

Spine Multiple Tape

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

Spine Weak

Staple Multiple Front Cover Detached

guess I guessed right lol

It's hard to know what that last entry means. I assume that only one staple is detached and the word "multiple" is a typo. Given only one staple detached and that the cover isn't entirely split, and given how nice the rest of the book looks, 2.0 seems like a harsh grade to me.

It's hard to know what that last entry means. I assume that only one staple is detached and the word "multiple" is a typo. Given only one staple detached and that the cover isn't entirely split, and given how nice the rest of the book looks, 2.0 seems like a harsh grade to me.

Gator was spot on but I agree that given those notes that the grade seems unfair. Seems like it should be a 3.0 to me.

Thanks for doing the note pull by the way. (thumbs u

-J.

I read the notes as saying it is detached at multiple/both Staples

Maybe, but "multiple" is an odd way to phrase it rather than "both," or just "cover detached" or "cover reattached with tape." hm

Maybe, but "multiple" is an odd way to phrase it rather than "both," or just "cover detached" or "cover reattached with tape." hm

Might be using their terminology because books have anywhere from 1-3 staples.

Might be using their terminology because books have anywhere from 1-3 staples.

Could be, but if the cover is detached or was reattached with tape, I think they would have stated so directly. Hard to be sure, though.

Any thoughts on the FMV of a copy like that ? I could see it pushing $45k at auction. Maybe even 50. Low grade copies that look that nice can't be very easy to come by.

-J.

eye appeal for grade is strong. 40+ very reasonable. Obviously seller thinks it's worth 54 (post clink net)

anyone thnk this 8.0 Cap 1 will out perform the AS 8 9.0 ?

I sure hope so.

Any thoughts on the FMV of a copy like that ? I could see it pushing $45k at auction. Maybe even 50. Low grade copies that look that nice can't be very easy to come by.

-J.

eye appeal for grade is strong. 40+ very reasonable. Obviously seller thinks it's worth 54 (post clink net)

(thumbs u

-J.

anyone thnk this 8.0 Cap 1 will out perform the AS 8 9.0 ?

I sure hope so.

WOW sounds like a man with a dog in the race. :hi:

dog owner lol

- The breathmints! that i never got. :popcorn: Best of luck to you even tho you dont need it. (thumbs u

Thanks so much. And I will get you those breathmints...promise.