• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 31 vs. 63 Corvette

189 posts in this topic

80 mph is legal now on stretches of highway here where it's been designated.

my grocery getter NOT financed by funny books (79 TA 400 4bbl 4sp WS6)

imagejpg1-2.jpg

and yes...it's all about the torque (thumbs u

Coolest.Grocery Getter.Ever

did you restore it?

Thanks! Exterior and interior by the prior owner...I've spent more time under the hood replacing, sanding, painting, repairing, etc. Looking at a new set of Ram Air headers and x-over exhaust setup next. We'll see :)

As for the relation of this car to thread...I passed up a 'Tec 31 in favor of the TA so I totally understand the trade-off discussion here. It's pretty obvious which way I went.

Here's one you don't see often. I remember the WS6s were placed in the 10 Anniversary Trans Am. My dad had the Anniversary Trans Am in his car collection. If my memory serves me correctly, there were only 1600 WS6 Trans Ams with the 4 speed stick produced that year. The rest were "lesser" Oldsmobile 403s. The WS6 was a special engine- the last of the great Pontiac V-8s. And this engine produced an incredible amount of Torque for a 400 Big Block. The paperwork was inaccurate when it came to the actual horsepower and torque for these TA 6.6s. They may very well have been the fastest Trans Ams ever produced in that era. Definitely the last to have the Pontiac Big Block V-8.

Congrats on having a very special and rare car!

80 mph is legal now on stretches of highway here where it's been designated.

my grocery getter NOT financed by funny books (79 TA 400 4bbl 4sp WS6)

imagejpg1-2.jpg

and yes...it's all about the torque (thumbs u

Coolest.Grocery Getter.Ever

did you restore it?

Thanks! Exterior and interior by the prior owner...I've spent more time under the hood replacing, sanding, painting, repairing, etc. Looking at a new set of Ram Air headers and x-over exhaust setup next. We'll see :)

As for the relation of this car to thread...I passed up a 'Tec 31 in favor of the TA so I totally understand the trade-off discussion here. It's pretty obvious which way I went.

Here's one you don't see often. I remember the WS6s were placed in the 10 Anniversary Trans Am. My dad had the Anniversary Trans Am in his car collection. If my memory serves me correctly, there were only 1600 WS6 Trans Ams with the 4 speed stick produced that year. The rest were "lesser" Oldsmobile 403s. The WS6 was a special engine- the last of the great Pontiac V-8s. And this engine produced an incredible amount of Torque for a 400 Big Block. The paperwork was inaccurate when it came to the actual horsepower and torque for these TA 6.6s. They may very well have been the fastest Trans Ams ever produced in that era. Definitely the last to have the Pontiac Big Block V-8.

Congrats on having a very special and rare car!

Those are indeed special cars. Looks to be cherry from the small glimpse of it.

mylar car covers?

Maybe, but I'd worry about the plastic sticking to the paint.

If it were a museum piece car that sits, I'd envision a giant series of feather dusters and a filtered-air room. You'd still want to start and run it periodically!

As with comics. You need to open them up and read them once in a while.

mylar car covers?

Maybe, but I'd worry about the plastic sticking to the paint.

If it were a museum piece car that sits, I'd envision a giant series of feather dusters and a filtered-air room. You'd still want to start and run it periodically!

I'd hope that the filtered air would be calcium buffered!

are there any comics with 20%+ annual investment increases???

I have 1000 shares to play around with. 5 years ago its value was about $22M (105% increase over 5 years is 21% annually)

In the year I would like to go in the market for a lower grade 'Tec 31 or a 63 Corvette split rear window that would still need additional restoration.....

But in 5 years would either of these garner better value at the rate of 105% over 5 years??? What would you do?

I guess the decision to be made will fall into the file of unsolved mysteries.