• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 31 vs. 63 Corvette

189 posts in this topic

Boattail Vettes are super cool too, but when looking at it as a speculator, I'd choose the exotic in the same price range. If I were to buy a car simply because I loved the car it would be neither, and I wouldn't care because I wouldn't plan on selling it.

that exactly how i feel. Im not a dealer I want to invest and fix it up and dont mind having it repainted and the general upkeep

I love my Chevelle just had these wheels put last September what a difference nice wheels make on a car. I have some before and after pics somewhere around here

Buying what you want is more fun anyway (thumbs u

you got it. there are tons of books and cars but only certain ones will satisfy you

I wouldnt want to pay fair market value for a 'Tec #30 and 64 Corvette. they would just be poor emotional investments....

As high as the market is, I'd sell and get the comic. Not a big car guy.
I sell comics to buy car parts...

Funny, I did that last year ... only that I did the other way. Sold vintage car parts away, made money and buy GA/SA comics. :grin:

BTW, I personally favor the '63 rear split-window hardtop in Sting Ray model. Loved this car :cloud9:

Then, there is the '70 Charger RT/SE Hemi model - loved it. Had owned one with a 440 years ago. Dumb me in sold it away! :makepoint:

As high as the market is, I'd sell and get the comic. Not a big car guy.
I sell comics to buy car parts...

Funny, I did that last year ... only that I did the other way. Sold vintage car parts away, made money and buy GA/SA comics. :grin:

BTW, I personally favor the '63 rear split-window hardtop in Sting Ray model. Loved this car :cloud9:

Then, there is the '70 Charger RT/SE Hemi model - loved it. Had owned one with a 440 years ago. Dumb me in sold it away! :makepoint:

440 Charger? :o

what a beast!

You can get more enjoyment out of driving a '63 'vette than you can out of reading a 'Tec 31.

more females too.

Hey Peter,

dont under estimate the power of waving a Tec 31 out the window and girls running screaming inside to be with me :roflmao:

You can get more enjoyment out of driving a '63 'vette than you can out of reading a 'Tec 31.

yeah, Im gonna go for one. Saturdays the Chevelle and Sundays the split window

Love your Chevelle by the way. I owned 5 1968's. The first given to me by my Uncle on my 19th birthday. The last I started a restoration it had a 454. Unfortunately I had to stop and ended up selling it in an emergency. I miss my cars.

Love your Chevelle by the way. I owned 5 1968's. The first given to me by my Uncle on my 19th birthday. The last I started a restoration it had a 454. Unfortunately I had to stop and ended up selling it in an emergency. I miss my cars.

Never owned but I once tried a 454 super sport wow!!!

i replaced the original rally wheels in last September what a difference. This was my mom's first car purchased October '68 $3800 and put into my name November 1994. The tires on the front are a little smaller and it sits better

unnamed34_zps7c368973.jpg

unnamed19_zps06a568a3.jpg

My first Chevelle was a 250 6 cyllinder 2 door post car. Was originally purchased by my uncle, but he parked it after putting 20,000 miles on it in favor of the company provided car. It sat for 20 years before he decided to give it to me. When I picked it up it didn't run so had to get it going. I drove it for 10 years and during that time fixed it up, repainted it, eventually did an engine swap to a 350 ( mistake! The 250 was bulletproof and I could very likely still be driving it today ).

The last Chevelle I bought was an engineless SS that I put a 71' 454 into. Was a very strong engine and i drove it for 1 summer, then decided to do a restoration and was about 70% done the body work when I had to emergency move and had no where to put my car. Had to sell it...:(

My first Chevelle was a 250 6 cyllinder 2 door post car. Was originally purchased by my uncle, but he parked it after putting 20,000 miles on it in favor of the company provided car. It sat for 20 years before he decided to give it to me. When I picked it up it didn't run so had to get it going. I drove it for 10 years and during that time fixed it up, repainted it, eventually did an engine swap to a 350 ( mistake! The 250 was bulletproof and I could very likely still be driving it today ).

The last Chevelle I bought was an engineless SS that I put a 71' 454 into. Was a very strong engine and i drove it for 1 summer, then decided to do a restoration and was about 70% done the body work when I had to emergency move and had no where to put my car. Had to sell it...:(

too bad you didnt keep the 71. the 1st one was a 68??

i like the 68 and 69s they both have same body style with corner windows then they went square in the 70 model

like hunting for rare comics. restoring a car is the journey in appreciating it. It is kinda boring just sitting in the garage. Gives us a reason to be men in our mancaves that women will not want to be a part of...

you ever think about restoring one??

i like the 68 and 69s they both have same body style with corner windows then they went square in the 70 model

like hunting for rare comics. restoring a car is the journey in appreciating it. It is kinda boring just sitting in the garage. Gives us a reason to be men in our mancaves that women will not want to be a part of...

No, I am done with that phase of my life. The idea of crawling around under a car in the dirt and grime isn't positive. If I do anything it would be to buy another to just enjoy driving it.

No, I am done with that phase of my life. The idea of crawling around under a car in the dirt and grime isn't positive. If I do anything it would be to buy another to just enjoy driving it.

i dont blame you. it has to be a labor of love or its just plan labor :(

same as finding rare books. The hunt is 98% hunting

i dont blame you. it has to be a labor of love or its just plan labor :(

same as finding rare books. The hunt is 98% hunting

I also have no where to put the car. It isn't the type of car I would daily drive and especially in northern Canada.

So to answer the original post: I would choose the detective 31. ;)

Never owned but I once tried a 454 super sport wow!!!

i replaced the original rally wheels in last September what a difference. This was my mom's first car purchased October '68 $3800 and put into my name November 1994. The tires on the front are a little smaller and it sits better

unnamed34_zps7c368973.jpg

unnamed19_zps06a568a3.jpg

No offense I hope, but for your car the original rallys look SO much better. Newer style wheels belong only on newer style cars, for me. Vintage keystones, cragars or american daisys would look nice however.

Fortunately, wheels and tires are a matter of taste and budget and can be swapped back and forth as your whims dictate. The car itself is very nice.

My brother no longer has it, but the fastest car he owned in his youth was a midnight blue '67 Chevelle, 396/375hp 4 speed and a barefoot gas pedal. He said the only car faster than his was another 67 Chevelle in town, but had a 427 shoehorned in. Might have been a Nicky Chevrolet car, they were doing that in the Chicago area at the time if you had the desire and the money.

i kept the rally wheels those tires on it are from 1992 no cracks or dry rot. I just got bored with them. If I end up finding a nice 63 I will also swap out the original wheels. In the 2nd pic you can see my neighbor across the street has 2 car garages he owns 8 show cars one is a 1957 Chevy with a digital dashboard and same wheels like the ones I have.

There are plenty. You just have to find them.

I don't understand the question tho. Are you selling that stock to purchase a comic book or a car?

Probably funding agent orange cancer research.

lol