• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Pressing Contribute To Global Warming?

240 posts in this topic

Plastics are made of petroleum, and drilling for oil contributes to global warming (though not as much as that frickin' hydraulic fracturing...but don't get me started on that or you'll get a rant). One thing that bugs me about the entire CPR process is that that slabs and inner wells are not recyclable-- or they're not marked with the recycling symbol with a number in the middle, anyway. If the materials are recyclable, CGC should start marking them as such. If they're not, I'd like to see someone develop a recyclable alternative.

Plastics are made of petroleum, and drilling for oil contributes to global warming (though not as much as that frickin' hydraulic fracturing...but don't get me started on that or you'll get a rant). One thing that bugs me about the entire CPR process is that that slabs and inner wells are not recyclable-- or they're not marked with the recycling symbol with a number in the middle, anyway. If the materials are recyclable, CGC should start marking them as such. If they're not, I'd like to see someone develop a recyclable alternative.

We should just shoot them into the sun.

As a low cost alternative?

When the fanatics start messing with a company as small as CGC, and accusing them of partially causing global warming and the pollution of the earth.

Then things have gone too far into religious fanaticism. Without a god even.

Just about EVERYTHING uses petroleum. From apples to zippers.

Sure. Totally low cost.

Sure. Totally low cost.

How come we haven't put a man on the sun yet? When we eventually get to it. He could take all of our plastics with him, and dump them there. Thus saving our planet.

I'm a genius, and I want credit when credit is due.

I have covered my roof in slabs and am in the process of covering the entire yard, sunlight reflects back into space therefor counteracting greenhouse effects.

Sure. Totally low cost.

How come we haven't put a man on the sun yet? When we eventually get to it. He could take all of our plastics with him, and dump them there. Thus saving our planet.

Yep

he can go at night-when it's not hot

Sure. Totally low cost.

You should volunteer for the mission.

Sure. Totally low cost.

Yep

:idea:

Sure. Totally low cost.

Yep

I'm wondering how many posters haven't heard the Dan Quale joke, yet. (shrug)

Sure. Totally low cost.

Yep

:eek:

Sure. Totally low cost.

Yep

:popcorn:

Sure. Totally low cost.

Yep

I'm wondering how many posters haven't heard the Dan Quale * Quayle joke, yet. (shrug)

:popcorn:

Can't even find the Dan Quale * Quayle source, but maybe I heard it years ago on a talk show or something... We already heard the punchline here, but it goes something like this (blonde version)...

"A Russian, an American, and a Blonde were talking one day. The Russian said, "We were the first in space!"

The American said, "We were the first on the moon!"

The Blonde said, "So what, we're going to be the first on the sun!"

The Russian and the American looked at each other and shook their heads. "You can't land on the sun, you insufficiently_thoughtful_person! You'll burn up!" said the Russian.

To which the Blonde replied, "We're not stupid, you know. we're going at night!"

"

*Thanks, Dr. W

Sure. Totally low cost.

You should volunteer for the mission.

I have a snappy comeback. Inspired by a thread in the water cooler, about Soccer and Uranus. But I will restrain myself. Don't feel like sparing today.

I throw my discarded CGC cases in the garbage. If CGC did mark them with the recycling symbol, I'd still throw it in the trash like all my other recyclables.