• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Pressing Contribute To Global Warming?

240 posts in this topic

Right now it feels like global warming in my work area.

That bad? I can't even imagine what it must be like especially on days that Florida is at it's worst and there is a sauna outside your work area as well.

I really feel bad for him… :baiting:

Oh and we should have saved this thread for Friday. It would have been gold on Friday.

It's okay, by Friday this thread will be, wait for it... manufactured gold!

:acclaim:

http://gizmodo.com/5948739/researchers-discover-bacteria-that-can-produce-pure-gold

Oh and we should have saved this thread for Friday. It would have been gold on Friday.

It's okay, by Friday this thread will be, wait for it... manufactured gold!

:acclaim:

http://gizmodo.com/5948739/researchers-discover-bacteria-that-can-produce-pure-gold

Find me a retro virus so we can transfer the gene responsible for that into a goose and we'll be in business.

Steam isn't a greenhouse gas, Methuselah.

You're only right because you don't know why.

Often what we see coming off of a boiling pot of water or off of a hot iron many people call "steam". Steam is actually invisible as that's the name for the heat that produces water vapor and it's water vapor that you're actually seeing. Water vapor is the primary greenhouse gas.

So, yes steam is not a greenhouse gas because it's not even a gas but the resulting water vapor is.

Often what we see coming off of a boiling pot of water or off of a hot iron many people call "steam". Steam is actually invisible as that's the name for the heat that produces water vapor and it's water vapor that you're actually seeing. Water vapor is the primary greenhouse gas.

So, yes steam is not a greenhouse gas because it's not even a gas but the resulting water vapor is.

I was unaware that we were delving into the technicalities of the chemistry and physics, you presumptuous and pompous arse.

I was unaware that we were delving into the technicalities of the chemistry and physics, you presumptuous and pompous arse.

:roflmao:

I was about to say all we need is a Buffyfan and Hockey sighting to make this official. Now we just need to lure Hockey into CG… hm

Why don't you and the mouse in your pocket lead all the Water Closet whackjobs back to whence they came?

I would suggest leaving a trail of myths, urban legends, inanities, wikipedia quotes and stuff said by Jon Stewart, like a Pied Piper for dummies.

:wishluck:

Why don't you and the mouse in your pocket lead all the Water Closet whackjobs back to whence they came?

I would suggest leaving a trail of myths, urban legends, inanities, wikipedia quotes and stuff said by Jon Stewart, like a Pied Piper for dummies.

:cloud9:

One of my favorite 'Tec covers that I own :)

det143.jpg

Hey, has Gold hit $500 an oz yet?

I am trying to figure what will last longer, that thread or "When will the Walking Dead Bubble Burst?" thread.

:cloud9:

One of my favorite 'Tec covers that I own :)

det143.jpg

I see Bill Hader on that cover.

ScreenShot2014-07-09at10751PM.png

Chris, anything that produces water vapor "contributes" to Climate Change (I HATEEEEE the term "Global Warming") Water vapor acts like a lens that reflects and traps energy, sort of like a fine glass lens in a laser. If I remember correctly NASA claims that about a 2 degree rise in surface temperature generates enough water vapor to trap about 2 watts of energy per 10 feet (or something like that, id have to go find the article) So yea every time you heat something up it creates water vapor which adds to the amount in the atmosphere and increases the temperature. Therefore Pressing contributes (but so does cooking food, driving a car, generating electricity, and everything else humans do lol)