• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

I love the idea of killing of Archie, very Whedonesque. However is this really a big deal when there are still a number of Archie books where he is still alive. Hell, he's the main protagonist in the Zombie infested Afterlife book.

I see this as a nice publicity stunt to bring attention to the brand. I've read that they are trying to bring Archie Comics up to the level of the other publishing houses, and this isn't a bad way to do it.

Cover is great though.

Heads-up for the faithful... Mycomicshop still has the Francavilla and Perez covers in stock. If you hurry!

Perez covers cleaned out. Took almost an hour though... you guys are slipping. lol

Im not even going to bother with with this one.

The best way to win is not to play.

I only won once with the spider-man Obama Cover.

I won with Death of Cap but not enough to make it worth my time

Agreed. Chasing moderns to flip for 30-70% more what you paid gross, to walk away with 10-30% net is a brutal way to grind out a few bucks. Factor in the risk of items being lost/damaged in the mail, and one disgruntled or fraudulent buyer and there goes zero money. I'd like to do the NPV on flipping moderns, I'm sure it's negative....

Im not even going to bother with with this one.

The best way to win is not to play.

I only won once with the spider-man Obama Cover.

I won with Death of Cap but not enough to make it worth my time

Agreed. Chasing moderns to flip for 30-70% more what you paid gross, to walk away with 10-30% net is a brutal way to grind out a few bucks. Factor in the risk of items being lost/damaged in the mail, and one disgruntled or fraudulent buyer and there goes zero money. I'd like to do the NPV on flipping moderns, I'm sure it's negative....

Not if you do it wisely........

first shop i went to, after i picked up 2 copies of each (Hughes, Francavilla and Perez) I overheard the clerks say they were going to limit one copy of each cover

the second shop I went to today, I asked how sales were going and he said he put 15 copies out (mixed Hughes/Francavilla) and he had about 3 left (one hour after opening).