• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

Im not arguing whether hes making profit or not, but hes setting a price on an item he does not have. Youre right, he does state that on the listing, meantime I had 3 orders which cancelled because of no inventory, the sellers didnt even bother telling me this until Ive asked.

Hypothetically, if everyone is doing that assuming they get inventory next week, they are creating the opposite of a demand for a book, which Diamond, intentionally or not, have created originally

Lots of Ebay peeps do this but I don't. When I sell, 1) I actually have the item & 2) photos of items are never stock photos. Many posters use stock photos but the actual mailed book may have spine or bindery issues. They essentially sell an item that you were lead to believe as NM+ but is actually VF- or worse. They just want to make a quick buck without being honest about the sale.

Some ebayer was pre selling the lenticular cover jokers daughter. He sold more than he could get. He got lots of negs. I recall.

His choice.

Im not arguing whether hes making profit or not, but hes setting a price on an item he does not have. Youre right, he does state that on the listing, meantime I had 3 orders which cancelled because of no inventory, the sellers didnt even bother telling me this until Ive asked.

Hypothetically, if everyone is doing that assuming they get inventory next week, they are creating the opposite of a demand for a book, which Diamond, intentionally or not, have created originally

Lots of Ebay peeps do this but I don't. When I sell, 1) I actually have the item & 2) photos of items are never stock photos. Many posters use stock photos but the actual mailed book may have spine or bindery issues. They essentially sell an item that you were lead to believe as NM+ but is actually VF- or worse. They just want to make a quick buck without being honest about the sale.

Using stock photos is not always a bad thing or an attempt to deceive.

Apparently the Staples variant is allocated. One LCS got 5 copies. The larger shop which ordered at least 50 of each cover got nothing.

Personally I think the Perez cover Veronica #202 will be the winner long term its just a timeless cover for Archie fans.

So the Staples cover will be the one short term everyone will be chasing.

I enjoyed the issue as well.

Fixed ;)

Nothing special about the cover if that. 201 is better even.

Personally I think the Perez cover will be the winner long term its just a timeless cover for Archie fans.

So the Staples cover will be the one short term everyone will be chasing.

Personally, I think none of the 10 comic book version covers will be worth more than cover price (or at best, only marginally more) by the time this is all said and done.

After all, I am quite sure that this will be by far the highest printed and distributed Archie comic book in the history of their company.

If I was forced to buy one, I would take the magazine cover version due to its non-comic book magazine format, higher price point, and I would assume a much smaller print run relative to the other comic book cover versions.

My personal opinion is that out of this entire Life with Archie run, the issue that will stand up best over time will be the variant cover version for LWA #23 as this came out a full year before the current hit and popular Afterlife with Archie series of books even began. :gossip:

After all, I am quite sure that this will be by far the highest printed and distributed Archie comic book in the history of their company.

I very much doubt this.

I agree with the rest of what you said, though. I don't really think there's any long term value for this issue, other than reading value.

I very much doubt this.

I agree with the rest of what you said, though. I don't really think there's any long term value for this issue, other than reading value.

On second thought, you are probably right on this particular point! (thumbs u

I should revised this to read "the highest printed and sold through Archie comic book in the post-SA history of their company". After all, the print runs and quantities sold for comics in general were huge through to the SA time period, and definitely so with respect to the GA time period for books such as Archie's.

I very much doubt this.

I actually read it, and I'm going to have to disagree with you on that last point.

I very much doubt this.

I actually read it, and I'm going to have to disagree with you on that last point.

I thought it was well done. I say this as someone who has read the first 35 issues. I don't know how it would read to someone who hasn't been reading the series. I guess it would probably be confusing and weird.

I think they were everywhere in the 70's. Grocery stores, book stores, convenience stores, even my uncle's gas station. I could be wrong but I think the run was pretty high then. (shrug)

I guess I really should watch my wording a bit more carefully as I was really referring to the Direct Market (DM) distribution and sales history for the Archie books. doh!

As we all know, the large majority of the distribution for the Archie line of books would be done through newsstand and similar non-DM channels.

I think they were everywhere in the 70's. Grocery stores, book stores, convenience stores, even my uncle's gas station. I could be wrong but I think the run was pretty high then. (shrug)

I guess I really should watch my wording a bit more carefully as I was really referring to the Direct Market (DM) distribution and sales history for the Archie books. doh!

As we all know, the large majority of the distribution for the Archie line of books would be done through newsstand and similar non-DM channels.

lol

Happens to me all of the time. I would say you're right, this is a bonafide hit.

Part 2 of Archie Comics milking the specs continues tomorrow. I think the one-week interval between issues is crafty on their part. This should kill the resale value on the magazine which was available a week earlier to subscribers...

MAY141022 LIFE WITH ARCHIE #36 MAGAZINE FORMAT $9.99

MAY141019 LIFE WITH ARCHIE COMIC #37 ALEX ROSS CVR $4.99

MAY141017 LIFE WITH ARCHIE COMIC #37 CLIFF CHIANG CVR $4.99

MAY141021 LIFE WITH ARCHIE COMIC #37 JILL THOMPSON CVR $4.99

MAY141018 LIFE WITH ARCHIE COMIC #37 TOMMY LEE EDWARDS CVR $4.99

MAY141020 LIFE WITH ARCHIE COMIC #37 WALT SIMONSON CVR $4.99

Archie has announced they are going to a second printing of the magazine, with a slightly tweaked cover. The 2nd printing will arrive on July 30th.

They also announced that "Archie Comics will not be further reprinting this issue." Which, I mean, I assume it's going to be included in the final tpb collection of the series. So I'm not sure technically how true this statement is. And I don't know if this also includes no reprints of the comic book format versions.

But, yeah. That's what they said anyway.