• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

Depending on the cover bad enough for me not to want go gamble on this book

Some that we're selling for 10 are down to 6 and some that were 8 have sold for a little less then 5

Just enough to know for now it's not the money maker it was last week

The magazine and Alex Ross look pretty sweet

So maybe in a week or two I'll buy one of each just to own

Flip the Staples cover RIGHT NOW. My LCS says all the unallocated ones are coming next week.

Donut;

Looks like you was absolutely bang-on here! (thumbs u

Not sure why anybody would have paid a significant premium for this cover version as it came out this past week just like all of the shops were telling their customers. doh!

Flip the Staples cover RIGHT NOW. My LCS says all the unallocated ones are coming next week.

Donut;

Not sure why anybody would have paid a significant premium for this cover version as it came out this past week just like all of the shops were telling their customers. doh!

+1

Thanks to your advice I held off from making any dumb eBay decisions. Hit a few LCS's today and each had a bunch... I mean around 10-15 copies each easy.

Donut;

+1

Thanks to your advice I held off from making any dumb eBay decisions. Hit a few LCS's today and each had a bunch... I mean around 10-15 copies each easy.

Allocations were crazy with this title. Last week it was the staples variant. Today its the commemorative magazine. I only know of one place that had a box full of them yesterday. And I bought a good chunk of those ;)

Otherwise, this was a really bad investment

LCS put out a handful of #36's, picked up 1 copy of the Perez variant. It won't ever be worth more than $5, but I like the Life magazine style cover so into the box it goes

LCS put out a handful of #36's, picked up 1 copy of the Perez variant. It won't ever be worth more than $5, but I like the Life magazine style cover so into the box it goes

Did the exact same thing today.

Donut;

+1

Allocations were crazy with this title. Last week it was the staples variant. Today its the commemorative magazine. I only know of one place that had a box full of them yesterday. And I bought a good chunk of those ;)

Otherwise, this was a really bad investment

From what the comic shop owners are saying, the magazine version has already been slated for a reprint whereas all of the other comic book version covers will not be reprinted. :gossip:

Did anyone actually read the issue? I found it to be overly sentimental and really boring. It was a huge let down.

I read it. It was rubbish. I don't know if the creators realize it, but by trying to wedge this story into both of the timelines, they essentially sent the message that women (the two primary ones in the Archie universe, at the very least) are interchangeable and it doesn't matter which one you marry.

Did anyone actually read the issue? I found it to be overly sentimental and really boring. It was a huge let down.

I read it. It was rubbish. I don't know if the creators realize it, but by trying to wedge this story into both of the timelines, they essentially sent the message that women (the two primary ones in the Archie universe, at the very least) are interchangeable and it doesn't matter which one you marry.

Was the entires series ambiguous about who Archie ended up with?

Was the entires series ambiguous about who Archie ended up with?

No, it was the opposite. It was really two different full length series (the magazine was double-sized every month), one set in a future where he marries Veronica and one set in a future where he married Betty.

Since this story takes place in both universes, they wrote it in a way where it can be read either way. So if you've read the rest of the series, it's not really ambiguous about who he married, because the same story happens in both universes: He's married to both of them. If you read it as the ending to the "Archie Marries Betty" series, it's Betty he's married to in #36, and if you read it as the ending to "Archie Marries Veronica," he's married to Veronica in #36.

Obviously they knew most of the people buying the comic would not have read the rest of the series, so doing it this way makes sense. Plus, it would be silly to print the same story twice, just with different references to who his wife is.