• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold T. Blumberg Signing Big Little Book Guide in Baltimore

51 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd risk ridicule to toss in some self-promotion. If anyone's in the Baltimore area and wants to say hi, I'll be signing copies of the new BIG BIG LITTLE BOOK BOOK at Geppi's Comic World near Rolling Road and Rt. 40 from 4:30-7pm today.

OK, ego-boosting commercial over. smile.gif

Arnold

Just thought I'd risk ridicule to toss in some self-promotion. If anyone's in the Baltimore area and wants to say hi, I'll be signing copies of the new BIG BIG LITTLE BOOK BOOK at Geppi's Comic World near Rolling Road and Rt. 40 from 4:30-7pm today.

Arnold

I used to go there every so often while I was in school. I think I bought Batman/Spawn there. crazy.gif

Arnold

Questions for you.

1) With the publication publication of the Big Big Little Book Book, will Big Little Books now be removed from the Comic Book Price Guide?

2) When will the Overstreet be out this year - ballpark is fine.

3) Is there a limited edition with leather?

4) Is there a limited edition Arnold T. with leather?

Here we go. popcorn.gif

No popcorn needed, this is a serious question.

#4?

If there is now a Big Little Book price guide and book, will the Big Little Book listings in the Overstreet be removed to add more comic book information? I am grudgingly accepting the need to have somewhere a reference for BLBs, and, equally grudgingly, accept that they can be in the Overstreet comic book price guide. Now, however, since there is a price guide and reference FOR BLBs, will that data be taken out of the Overstreet?

1) As we have stated many times in almost every press release and item related to this book, this is *not* a price guide to Big Little Books, but an exhaustive full color pictorial and historical reference. There is *no* pricing in this book, and Big Little Book will continue to be listed over in the Comic Book Price Guide.

2) See my sig. smile.gif It's always out in the spring, that hasn't changed for as long as I can remember.

3) Don't think we've done the leather bound ones in years.

4) Hmm...

Arnold

Sigh, as I stated in the other reply, and in oh about three dozen other interviews, ads, press releases, etc. this is *not* a price guide. It's a pictorial and historical reference only. There is NO PRICING in the BIG BIG LITTLE BOOK BOOK. That information is provided in the COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE as it has been since last year. To answer another of your concerns:

"will the Big Little Book listings in the Overstreet be removed to add more comic book information? "

Please be assured that when information like this is included in the price guide, it isn't an 'either/or' situation. You're not losing anything by us including BLB pricing in the comic guide, and if we want to pack in even more comic book data, we will, and we'll find the space to do it. Taking out something would not mean we'd have 'room' for something else. Nothing is being replaced or lost here.

Clear enough? smile.gif

Arnold

Sigh, as I stated in the other reply, and in oh about three dozen other interviews, ads, press releases, etc. this is *not* a price guide. It's a pictorial and historical reference only. There is NO PRICING in the BIG BIG LITTLE BOOK BOOK. That information is provided in the COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE as it has been since last year. To answer another of your concerns:

"will the Big Little Book listings in the Overstreet be removed to add more comic book information? "

Please be assured that when information like this is included in the price guide, it isn't an 'either/or' situation. You're not losing anything by us including BLB pricing in the comic guide, and if we want to pack in even more comic book data, we will, and we'll find the space to do it. Taking out something would not mean we'd have 'room' for something else. Nothing is being replaced or lost here.

Clear enough? smile.gif

Arnold

So, is the new book going to function as a price guide as well? And what of the WMDs? And why do bad things happen to good people?

*snaps fingers and big guys wearing floppy caps, domino masks and "Overstreet Goon" written on their black t-shirts rush in, grab MajorKhaos and drag him out as the camera tilts dizzily at an angle*

Oh no... not again!

*snaps fingers and big guys wearing floppy caps, domino masks and "Overstreet Goon" written on their black t-shirts rush in, grab MajorKhaos and drag him out as the camera tilts dizzily at an angle*

Oh no... not again!

RUN AWAY!

1041.gif

Oh no... not again!

RUN AWAY!

1041.gif

Perhaps it will confuse them if we run away more. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right, stop that! Silly! I've noticed that many of these threads suddenly and for no reason disintegrate into an endless barrage of Monty Python quotes, and we're trying to present a serious thread about Big Little Books, signings, and complaints about the Comic Book Price Guide. So we'll have none of this silly Holy Grail nonsense. Cut back to the thread when I say cut...wait for it...cut!

Hey Arnold,

When are undergrounds going to get some respect in the price guide? And if every pathetic Mad Magazine imitation can get listed, why did Overstreet drop the listing for Kurtzman's Help!

ps. congrats on the BLB book.

Thanks rjpb. As for your question, I'm afraid there are no plans to list undergrounds in the Guide. I *do* know of an underground price guide project percolating out there that the folks at Hippy Comix are planning to put out next year perhaps, so that might address the gap in info there.

Arnold