• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

It wasn't bad. but it wasn't good.

Has potential.

Remember the first episode of Boardwalk Empire is terrible, and that series is the greatest.

The first ep of Boardwalk is excellent in my opinion.

In retrospect its great that can not be argued- but you have to remember, the first episode of a television series needs to hook a large audience - and the first episode of Boardwalk Empire like the strain, is slow and nothing really happens and its confusing unless you know what happens next.

I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the remainder of the season. And I no longer own copies of the comics so no attempt to hype it up was made.

You're not. Many enjoyed it, including me. I guess some were just expecting academy award winning performances from a show on FX...

I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the remainder of the season. And I no longer own copies of the comics so no attempt to hype it up was made.

You're not. Many enjoyed it, including me. I guess some were just expecting academy award winning performances from a show on FX...

The shield had great acting. It was on fx.

+1

and The Americans...and The League...

SoA, riding through this world... :cloud9:

:sorry: Sad to see it ending this season Kurt Sutter is the man can't wait for his new show. :applause:

:hi:

Agreed, though I sure don't envy his character in the show. He seems to have made an early trip to hell...

The Shield is one of my all-time favorite shows. The final season, including the series finale, was :headbang:

Also enjoy the Americans! And don't forget one of the best shows - Always Sunny! :banana:

SoA, riding through this world... :cloud9:

:sorry: Sad to see it ending this season Kurt Sutter is the man can't wait for his new show. :applause:

:hi:

Agreed, though I sure don't envy his character in the show. He seems to have made an early trip to hell...

So true i hear we might get the early days of S.O.A that could be awesome.

So I'm a bit late, but just had a chance to watch episode 1 last night and I thought it was ok. At some points the story seemed vaguely familiar and after thinking about it, I thought of it like a mash up of various horror movies.

The acting wasn't superb, but not terrible either; at least it was better than some of those movies on the Sci-Fy channel! lol

I felt at times like the episode dragged a bit at certain points and I couldn't shake feeling like, meh, I've seen this before...

Hopefully it'll get better and maybe a bit more original. :wishluck: