• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXXXX

466 posts in this topic

I ask again Bobo...who made you the last word...I started the post...I'll end it.

And Mr. Blazin...you are the one that got cold feet now you are offering to buy it off post...you can bid on this book when it comes back a 5.0...perhaps a book for Joey...

I am not a dealer at all...this is the first time I will be at this NJ show..now in its 2nd year.

And only the 2nd show I will do this year....

Many of the big guns will be at this show.....so not 3rd rate at all.

There are some great people on this Forum and you are right many with deep pockets...and I buy my share as well.

BTW there were no cropped off photos or color touch up on this book...that is a fact..

I can handle opinions and prefer open debates and dialogue...it is the attitudes I'd rather not handle...

Good night all!

:popcorn:

I may be wrong Andy.I'm second guessing my grading prowess lately. lol

I'd guess closer to 5.0 than 4.0. Still, I wouldn't pay 5.0 money raw with all the chipping. Not sure where all that printing defect stuff came from?

Not a 5.0.

-J.

This might be the most entertaining PGM thread ever. Hey OP, nice book, but you're attitude is that of a tool. You asked for opinions and you received. them. Be thankful and be a little more humble.

This might be the most entertaining PGM thread ever. Hey OP, nice book, but you're attitude is that of a tool. You asked for opinions and you received. them. Be thankful and be a little more humble.

Two great qualities. (thumbs u

W-O-W,

I missed to see it in a big time! The book is disappeared in a thin air!!

Being a head butt instead of the butthurt....

It was a pretty book,just not the grades he was expecting.I guess. (shrug)

I was not expecting a 3.5 that's for sure....but not insulted...just when I asked why he thought it was a 3.5 he and others got insulted...

Perhaps you can tell me why such a wide range..anywhere from 3.5 to a possible 6.0?

Are people that off on how to grade!?

Some gave good assessments with explanations and possibilities...I appreciate that.

Anyway..I will try to remember to get back to all when I get back from CGC...

I was not expecting a 3.5 that's for sure....but not insulted...just when I asked why he thought it was a 3.5 he and others got insulted...

Perhaps you can tell me why such a wide range..anywhere from 3.5 to a possible 6.0?

Are people that off on how to grade!?

Some gave good assessments with explanations and possibilities...I appreciate that.

Anyway..I will try to remember to get back to all when I get back from CGC...

I am not a fan of pressing,with that said.I have a Hulk 1 3.5 and it looks just like yours,with one difference,I have a small corner piece missing from the lower right front cover.That's why I stated 4.0

hulk135002.jpg

We got insulted when you accused us of deliberately under grading your book so we could buy it cheap. That was insulting. Considering you did the same thing last time we all see that it's your M.O.

This is how your threads go:

You: Look at my book. It's amazing. What grade do you think it will get?

Board: it's very nice but it has such and such flaw so I think 4.0

You: but it has white pages. Do you not read over street?

Board: yes but it has these flaws.

You: I see you want to buy my book so you give it a bad grade. By the way the book has a hidden flaw that I chose not to mention(the staple tear).

Board: we are just giving our opinion which you asked for.

You: look at all these books that are worse than mine with higher grades. I'm going to send this book to cgc. I'm not going to sell it here.

Fast Forward 2 days: the book is for sale on the boards.

We got insulted when you accused us of deliberately under grading your book so we could buy it cheap. That was insulting. Considering you did the same thing last time we all see that it's your M.O.

You: I see you want to buy my book so you give it a bad grade. By the way the book has a hidden flaw that I chose not to mention(the staple tear).

You: look at all these books that are worse than mine with higher grades. I'm going to send this book to cgc. I'm not going to sell it here.

In a nutshell. :applause:

W-O-W,

I missed to see it in a big time! The book is disappeared in a thin air!!

Being a head butt instead of the butthurt....

It was a pretty book,just not the grades he was expecting.I guess. (shrug)

That person seemed guilty as if he did a hit and run!

I can imagine that book is like your.

That's a nice 3.5 Oak. Ever thought about press and resub?

That's a nice 3.5 Oak. Ever thought about press and resub?

Sorry,no pressing in my future. (thumbs u

So in other words, you feel strongly that the forces of heat and gravity should only work against you in this situation, versus in your favor?

I just feel that books are what they are,and who am I to manufacture and manipulate a book.I would rather just appreciate it for what it is,and any history that comes with the book.

Hey Red..nice try...are you so naive to think some under grade in hopes to buy????

In fact...Mr. Blaze offered to buy by PM...do you think he'd rather buy at a 3.5 or 5.0 price?

Last time I sold...I again was given offers...starting at $1500 and sold at $3000.

Yes, if someone offered me the higher price I'd consider selling...tis what we do here....buy and sell.

Oakmans evaluation I can appreciate...and even his 3.5 I can agree not much different than my copy minus the piece although I have the M chipping....However, I cannot tell if his 3.5 has any tear seals, spine splits, problem on back cover etc. I know mine does not have such problems with White not Cream to off White.

CGC is all over the place with their grading at times...or so it appears. Don't get me wrong...I was once very against 3rd party grading and sealing comics. Not so much now.

What we see here is the very reason we need 3rd party grading....as all too often we cannot agree on grade. To be .5 grade makes sense, but not the disparity found here with this book. And when such a disparity...it makes sense to ask why.

And I did...and a few trashed me for it.

Oakman...went so far as to, now show his book...and I can appreciate that, his opinion carries more weight. That said I also looked on ebay...and there are a number of books sold and not sold in the last month or so...that look slightly better or not...with grades from 3.5 to 5.5

Anyway...will probably send to CGC soon...to find out their "opinion" with out the negativity I found here. Again, not all. For those who wish to get insulted....be my guest.

All others...thanks again.

So in other words, you feel strongly that the forces of heat and gravity should only work against you in this situation, versus in your favor?

I just feel that books are what they are,and who am I to manufacture and manipulate a book.I would rather just appreciate it for what it is,and any history that comes with the book.

I 100% respect that. Just thought Id share perhaps a different way to look at it with ya, Oak. Maybe you've heard that one before, maybe you haven't.

Hey Red..nice try...are you so naive to think some under grade in hopes to buy????

In fact...Mr. Blaze offered to buy by PM...do you think he'd rather buy at a 3.5 or 5.0 price?

Last time I sold...I again was given offers...starting at $1500 and sold at $3000.

Yes, if someone offered me the higher price I'd consider selling...tis what we do here....buy and sell.

Oakmans evaluation I can appreciate...and even his 3.5 I can agree not much different than my copy minus the piece although I have the M chipping....However, I cannot tell if his 3.5 has any tear seals, spine splits, problem on back cover etc. I know mine does not have such problems with White not Cream to off White.

CGC is all over the place with their grading at times...or so it appears. Don't get me wrong...I was once very against 3rd party grading and sealing comics. Not so much now.

What we see here is the very reason we need 3rd party grading....as all too often we cannot agree on grade. To be .5 grade makes sense, but not the disparity found here with this book. And when such a disparity...it makes sense to ask why.

And I did...and a few trashed me for it.

Oakman...went so far as to, now show his book...and I can appreciate that, his opinion carries more weight. That said I also looked on ebay...and there are a number of books sold and not sold in the last month or so...that look slightly better or not...with grades from 3.5 to 5.5

Anyway...will probably send to CGC soon...to find out their "opinion" with out the negativity I found here. Again, not all. For those who wish to get insulted....be my guest.

All others...thanks again.

Will you please quit smearing my name in the mud, Sir? I offered you 100% of OPG in the consensus grade and I never backed off that number ($4000). Don't worry. I won't make that same mistake again. You, your pack of Pall Malls, 6 pack of Strohs, and 1.8 Hulk #1 have a safe trip to the Weehawken Legion Hall, because like Kevin O'Leary on Shark Tank I am out!!!!!!!!