• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXXXX

466 posts in this topic

is this the book in question? I missed the initial scans :(

hulk1c_zps6a3af567.jpghulk1b_zpsc5867121.jpghulk1_zps2e2700b3.jpghulkd_zps181851f8.jpg

4.0-4.5 PLOD Looks like staples replaced. GLWTS :D

The inner pages do look like they may have been rebound. What's the price difference (% wise) on a Blue and a PLOD?

:hi:

I heard a filthy rumour that you got voted to the cornfield in a poll. (shrug)

:cry: It is true. 19 or so members want me to go away. I was thinking of using my 20000th post as my last one here. :(

:cry: It is true. 19 or so members want me to go away. I was thinking of using my 20000th post as my last one here. :(

I voted for you to stay so stay. :sumo:

lol

We'll have to really hype this up. Like the Judd's farwell tour. All three or four of them.

lol...yeah right...possible xerox color wrap around cover......

Sorry ...but staples are original, not removed.... some may not like the look of the centerfold staples...not all centerfold are tight... staples are tight outside spine.

I thought I pulled this thread!!!! Seems some still want to continue this thread for some reason. hm Go figure...

lol...yeah right...possible xerox color wrap around cover......

Sorry ...but staples are original, not removed.... some may not like the look of the centerfold staples...not all centerfold are tight... staples are tight outside spine.

I thought I pulled this thread!!!! Seems some still want to continue this thread for some reason. hm Go figure...

No such thing as pulling a thread. lol

Both staples have been removed at some point. Whether they are original or not is debatable, but there is no denying they have been removed and put back in.

Does that make it a purple label or can removed and replaced staples still get blue?

Both staples have been removed at some point. Whether they are original or not is debatable, but there is no denying they have been removed and put back in.

Perhaps wraps have been replaced?

OP, our comments (not the ones you brought upon yourself) are honest and based on knowledge. I, and others, said we thought something looked fishy with the staples at the centerfold. I myself have never seen that kind of damage around a simple detachment, and certainly not around staples that still holds the page. This, plus the extreme unevenness of the pages, makes me think that something has been done there. If you disagree, fine. CGC will let you know. I just hope you will share the results with us EITHER WAY. If it's blue and gets the grade you want, I'll be happy to give :applause: . However, I will also offer a :shrug: Wouldn't be the first time.

Perhaps wraps have been replaced?

OP, our comments (not the ones you brought upon yourself) are honest and based on knowledge. I, and others, said we thought something looked fishy with the staples at the centerfold. I myself have never seen that kind of damage around a simple detachment, and certainly not around staples that still holds the page. This, plus the extreme unevenness of the pages, makes me think that something has been done there. If you disagree, fine. CGC will let you know. I just hope you will share the results with us EITHER WAY. If it's blue and gets the grade you want, I'll be happy to give :applause: . However, I will also offer a :shrug: Wouldn't be the first time.

This.

And now I'm wondering about a qualified designation...