• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINAL RANKING: 2014 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest

71 posts in this topic

WINNER OF MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD (MIP): telerites (107 to 14th place!)[/b]

Not sure if this is cause for celebration or not. I woefully undergraded the first round so after a rethink I started to (over)grade like CGC :ohnoez: and improved dramatically. I guess I'm just a lot more conservative.

Congrats to CANICKUS :applause:

And another tip of the cap to Shin and Andy. This was my first time to participate after all these years on the boards and it was a lot of fun. (worship)

Thanks for keeping Nik in our thoughts as well.

WINNER OF THE MOST GRADES OFF AWARD: Zalgardos

:banana::whee::banana:;)

I would like to thank my mom and dad, my personal grading trainer, CGC for puzzeling me with all these GA books and of course Andy and Shin for the hard work of counting-out all my over-and undergradings. (worship)

Thank you Andy and Shin for all the fun. :applause::applause:

Congratulations to all Contestants :)

:signfunny:

To feed my ego, I'd like to nominate myself for the best Newcomer award :acclaim:

Sorry, that goes to Chip. Who, if he hadn't missed a round, would have been right near the top! Did you know he missed a round?

i got -1 at least twice, I should have missed those rounds, would have ,moved me up in the standings

I thought Chip had already done this tourney, if not then I agree, he wins.

To feed my ego, I'd like to nominate myself for the best Newcomer award :acclaim:

Sorry, that goes to Chip. Who, if he hadn't missed a round, would have been right near the top! Did you know he missed a round?

I would like a poll....who does not know he missed a round? zzz

I would like a poll....who does not know he missed a round? zzz

I stand by my comment, missing a round can be used to your advantage and hence can be a tactical decision.

I submit the scenario: final round person is up by 11 points. If he is so uncertain of the books, dont grade them, miss the round, 0 points, even if 2nd place double bullseyes, you win by 1 point. Mis grade the books severely, -2 points, now your only up by 9 and effectively lost the tourney if 2nd place double bullseyes the round.

Techincally even in the present scenario, lets say he didn't miss a round buy grossly misgraded the books, granted its unlikely but still possible, in the end he would have 2 points less and would have slipped in the standing.

I personally don't see the big deal of missing a round isnt 0 points better then -2?

I stand by my comment, missing a round can be used to your advantage and hence can be a tactical decision.

I submit the scenario: final round person is up by 11 points. If he is so uncertain of the books, dont grade them, miss the round, 0 points, even if 2nd place double bullseyes, you win by 1 point. Mis grade the books severely, -2 points, now your only up by 9 and effectively lost the tourney if 2nd place double bullseyes the round.

If you're playing Jeopardy and stand to win or lose $30,000 based on what you gamble then sure, this logic makes sense. But if you're playing a fun community contest and consider chickening out of the final round to hold onto a lead, I would hope the poor optics in winning that way (among other things) would cause you to reconsider. :)

If you're playing Jeopardy and stand to win or lose $30,000 based on what you gamble then sure, this logic makes sense. But if you're playing a fun community contest and consider chickening out of the final round to hold onto a lead, I would hope the poor optics in winning that way (among other things) would cause you to reconsider. :)

At the end of the day, The contest was a blast and I'm thrilled I finished where I did!

Tremendous amount of respect for my fellow competitors and a gargantuan THANK YOU to Andy and Shin.

It's really a ridiculous subject, I just tend to over analize and over think things, thats why I brought it up.

Your absolutely right, this being a community game with the objective being fun, winning by tactically missing a round would be dishonorable (my 2c ) I was just talking out loud, I was not honestly implying any one would do it,

At least I'm the ONLY contestant that did not over-grade on any of the 20 books.

7 bulls-eyes.

Under-graded on the other 13.

35th place with 50 points.

Not bad for my first contest, I'm happy with that.

At least I'm the ONLY contestant that did not over-grade on any of the 20 books.

7 bulls-eyes.

:applause:

hm I am going to add you to my list of Board members I would be comfortable buying raw books from. :)

7 bulls-eyes.

:applause:

hm I am going to add you to my list of Board members I would be comfortable buying raw books from. :)

I second that!