• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if it will be a straight auction or a fixed price with a crazy number and the book is basically an advertising vehicle.

Oh, supergay.

Not that there's anything superwrong with that.

I would hate to see the book sitting on Ebay with some ridiculous price tag on it, as advertising for a business. That'll totally kill the mystique of a book like this.

I'm not sure if it will be a straight auction or a fixed price with a crazy number and the book is basically an advertising vehicle.

I hope its an auction.

And I think it will be broken because there is a reasonable chance that no other 9.0 (even if there are two) will ever be up for sale in our lifetime.

I would hate to see the book sitting on Ebay with some ridiculous price tag on it, as advertising for a business. That'll totally kill the mystique of a book like this.

exactly.

I think that will be a TBD. In either event, it's advertising for them if it's an auction or a fixed price. I think they'd actually get more publicity if it becomes a real sale.

agreed.

Part of it has to boil down to how invested they are in the book.

If they got it from grandma for five bucks or got it on consignment they can sit on it forever. If they shelled out a mil or more for it, they'll probably do a real auction.

The name isn't ringing a bell.

Are they in the position where keeping it is even a prudent option?

I think they'd actually get more publicity if it becomes a real sale.

I think you're right.

Look forward to seeing the scans. Then subsequently seeing the scans on Craigslist under the heading "sElling Gramps's vitntige comix".

I think you're right.

I hope it is a real auction, I would love to see the FMV of it now, and this auction would determine it if that is the case

I think you're right.

I don't get the impression they're hurting for money.