• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Less than the previous copy got because now the highest graded Detective Comics #27 is the Honus Wagner of comics.

Personally I don't think so and I don't think the potential auction will show that.

AC1 wasn't just expensive beause its scarce... but because it's AC1.

Whether one or two of them... I would much rather own one of them than the top DC27 (although of course I would like that too).

And with white pages there is even a claim that this IS the best AC1.

Problem is the comic rates the same as the other one that went for the highest amount, but now 2 at the same grade this comic has lost its wow factor. It was the Honus Wagner of comics, but can no longer be called that. Its now on the same level as the 2 highest graded Detective Comics at 8.0. The comic will go for less than 2 million and maybe more around the 1 million price. You also have to factor in Superman's popularity is dying while Batman's popularity keeps growing year after year. Detective Comics #27 is the grandaddy of all comics now.

Are you sitting next to a bong? :baiting: Or just trolling?

Anyone who thinks comic will go for more is crazy.

Less than the previous copy got because now the highest graded Detective Comics #27 is the Honus Wagner of comics.

Personally I don't think so and I don't think the potential auction will show that.

Whether one or two of them... I would much rather own one of them than the top DC27 (although of course I would like that too).

Problem is the comic rates the same as the other one that went for the highest amount, but now 2 at the same grade this comic has lost its wow factor. It was the Honus Wagner of comics, but can no longer be called that. Its now on the same level as the 2 highest graded Detective Comics at 8.0. The comic will go for less than 2 million and maybe more around the 1 million price. You also have to factor in Superman's popularity is dying while Batman's popularity keeps growing year after year. Detective Comics #27 is the grandaddy of all comics now.

No way. Book looks much better than the previous 9.0. The nicest tec 27 is also likely to be the Allentown copy. It's a much better copy than 8.0.

There are other nice tec 27's as well.

I would be willing to bet anyone that this book will sell more than 2 million. And I would guess closer to 3.

the owner of the current AC #1 9.0 should purchase this.

Imagine the controlling authority if you owned both.

Authority over the 5 other people in the hobby who could actually afford it.

tumblr_mk9mkaI6oX1qedsa8o1_500.gif

people in the know have said a world record $ was turned down. there isn't a chance on earth this would sell for anywhere close to $1mm

No way. Book looks much better than the previous 9.0. The nicest tec 27 is also likely to be the Allentown copy. It's a much better copy than 8.0.

I would be willing to bet anyone that this book will sell more than 2 million. And I would guess closer to 3.

Logic says when another collectible of the same issue, toy, and etc is found to exist of the same grade on rare collectibles the value of that collectible goes down

Logic says when another collectible of the same issue, toy, and etc is found to exist of the same grade on rare collectibles the value of that collectible goes down

Who is this Logic? Does she even own an Action 1?

logic? it's a chance to own the nicest looking copy ever likely to be for sale (unless the dentist changes his mind); you can throw your logic out the window

How, how is it possible to get a book to to look that good that came out in 1938? Where and how was this thing stored?

That's why I think it might have come from right in Winnipeg where Pristine is. All of the (few ) Canadian pedigrees have had great page quality and the Edgar church collection isn't far from us either... neither was Spokane. White pages on a 38 book might suggest a northern climate and winnipegs as cold as it gets for cities with any kind of population base in 1938

I bet record offers have already been made on this before it even hits the auction. This is about as nice a copy as you will ever find, blows away the other 9.0.

logic? it's a chance to own the nicest looking copy ever likely to be for sale (unless the dentist changes his mind); you can throw your logic out the window

Have you learned nothing from G.I. Joe 21? The sole 9.8 got devalued as soon as another 9.8 showed up. It's the EXACT same thing. Because comics.