• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

c) how do you think CGC graders hold books?

Probably on the can during breaks, while folding the pages back.

And drinking a soft drink.

Forgot to mention that Darren told me he has bidder inquiries from 30 countries.

and that video is sick. Book should lay flat on a table to leaf through.. Never Evha should it be held hand in hand as displayed here.

Just some thoughts as I have no horse in this race:

a) it might be advertising but isn't that video worth sharing? It's a pretty sharp interior.

b) since the book's merits are being discussed isn't Darren allowed to offer a rebuttal?

c) how do you think CGC graders hold books? On the thighs of virgins? :baiting:

I skip 1 & 2 that could have been posted with the e-bay propaganda on the get go.

Its just working to pump up the price at this time.

AS for 3....

I would never ever hold a book like that hand in hand to leaf through it.

Any book of any historical stance should lay flat on a table as paged through.

'nuuf said

and that video is sick. Book should lay flat on a table to leaf through.. Never Evha should it be held hand in hand as displayed here.

a) it might be advertising but isn't that video worth sharing? It's a pretty sharp interior.

b) since the book's merits are being discussed isn't Darren allowed to offer a rebuttal?

I think Darren provided a service to the hobby in sharing that video of the interior. (thumbs u

He's free to offer a rebuttal but he offers no evidence nor confirmation from an expert disinterested source. For example:

Joe gave it a NM- grade back then and CGC gives it a grade of 9.0 with Perfect White Pages today. One thing I think everyone can agreed upon is that it is significantly nicer than the Cage copy. Not to take away from the cage copy, this copy just happens to be a very strong 9.0.
Mannarino called the book a nm- back in the 80s when he was the seller. CGC initially called it an 8.0 when they first graded it 4 or so years ago.

Mr. Anderson's infamous purchase back in the 1980's
There was nothing infamous in Anderson's purchase. Hopefully, Darren just misspoke and actually meant "famous."

I think Darren provided a service to the hobby in sharing that video of the interior. (thumbs u

He's free to offer a rebuttal but he offers no evidence nor confirmation from an expert disinterested source. For example:

Joe gave it a NM- grade back then and CGC gives it a grade of 9.0 with Perfect White Pages today. One thing I think everyone can agreed upon is that it is significantly nicer than the Cage copy. Not to take away from the cage copy, this copy just happens to be a very strong 9.0.
Mannarino called the book a nm- back in the 80s when he was the seller. CGC initially called it an 8.0 when they first graded it 4 or so years ago.

Mr. Anderson's infamous purchase back in the 1980's
There was nothing infamous in Anderson's purchase. Hopefully, Darren just misspoke and actually meant "famous."

Its a wicked book.

But she aint no virgin.

:blahblah:

So you're saying CGC has good job opportunities for comic nerds if they have nice soft thighs?

hm

I rarely if ever lay a book flat on a table then leaf through it. Almost always in hand.

I will now end all speculation of page quality & grade worthiness with a jaw dropping image, and it get's better. . Within the hour on eBay at the bottom of the listing page a jaw dropping treat will be revealed. . A spectacular treat, Especially for the next owner of this book. ......

Has he posted the "spectacular treat" yet?

I rarely if ever lay a book flat on a table then leaf through it. Almost always in hand.

Wait till you drop your first one. And that 9.6 goes to 9.0.

Yeah...that happens...........

If you're dropping books then yes YOU shouldn't hold em. :o

That was a treat. Thanks for sharing that. I still think the spine tears are grotesque but those PAGES and the COLOR! THE COLOR!!! If it weren't for the spine tears or the size of them, I would have to cry fake but if this isn't an example of someone traveling back in time, buying it fresh off the news stands and returning to 1980 or now and bringing it out, I don't know what is. It just looks unreal.

So let me get this straight. This copy surfaced in 1980 and sold and then it was later graded by CGC a while back as an 8.0 then presumably it was purchased and CPR'd or just CP'd and resold and achieved a grade of 9.0 on a later submission? Does anyone have an idea of what the previous pressable damage existed that had it at an 8.0 but once pressed brought it up a full grade?

I hope the winner maintains it in an environmentally safe enough place that it retains those colors and bone white pages for the next 24 years. It would be a horrible shame if they opened the vault 24 years from now and found it has rust on the staples, Cream pages, and severe flaking. Likewise, it would suck if some careless rich person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag bought it and threw it up on his beach house wall in a tropical private island with direct exposure to sunlight.

BTW: $2.21 mil and 20 hrs to go.

If you're dropping books then yes YOU shouldn't hold em. :o

Its more like if you think you will never drop a book well that is why you should not be touching books.