• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orphan Is The New Black... The Orphan Black IDW Comic Thread!

102 posts in this topic

The boxset was sold out on all the major online stores last night. I didn't check at all today.
I know IDW uses a different paper stock nowadays, but hopefully they still pack those boxsets as well as they did when they did Locke & Key's #1-4. Lots of minty books in those. Great for dealers getting signatures at shows. (thumbs u

as far as character is concerned helena is the most unbalanced entertaining one of the bunch. but for hotness i like cosima's look better. gotta be the hair ;)

Cosima :luhv:

Helena :fear:

The Helena character is off the hook and especially well done by Maslany. I love it when...

Helena walks into the police station and sits at the detective's desk, then stuffs that chocolate muffin into her face like a three year at breakfast lol

Picked up this book today, and I have to say, it was a major let down.

1. If you watched the show, then this comic is about 95% repeat info and completely pointless.

2. If you haven't seen the show yet, this comic is too confusing to follow and get any value from.

So overall, this first issue missed the mark for both fans and newcomers. Also, the art is just not that great to me, it's stuck between photo-realistic and artsy, and I wish it would have just picked a style and nailed it, instead of half-delivering in both buckets.

All I can say is, I didn't like the second issue of Locke & Key after the first one (...and most folks know how I felt about that series), yet after the third one, it all made sense. I'll see how it plays out anyway.

I literally have no time to read it tonight. I know. It's a comicbook. lol The Vice President's motorcade set me back tonight with jammed up traffic with my chores to do around the house which is buried under five feet of compacted snow (so like three and a half).

1. If you watched the show, then this comic is about 95% repeat info and completely pointless.

2. If you haven't seen the show yet, this comic is too confusing to follow and get any value from.

So overall, this first issue missed the mark for both fans and newcomers. Also, the art is just not that great to me, it's stuck between photo-realistic and artsy, and I wish it would have just picked a style and nailed it, instead of half-delivering in both buckets.

Hmmmmm.

Glad I held off from buying it for now.

Hmmmmm.

Glad I held off from buying it for now.

Just watch the tv show. I'm not a fan of movies, tv shows , games being adapted into comics. Comics being adapted to movies , games, tv shows is another story.