• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC! First timer! Report!!

175 posts in this topic

And now a (VERY) few wall pics. I took these around 8:30 while everyone was still setting up their shelves for the day. And I only got to Ted's booth and Anthony's art booth before my battery died.

Ted's half empty wall.

DSC_0018.JPG

Anyone know what the OA on the top left is from?

And now a (VERY) few wall pics. I took these around 8:30 while everyone was still setting up their shelves for the day. And I only got to Ted's booth and Anthony's art booth before my battery died.

Ted's half empty wall.

DSC_0018.JPG

I still had the original pic on my camera, so I zoomed in on the sticker.

Mythos: Fantastic Four

Artist: Paolo Rivera

Published December 2007

The sticker price is $1,200

Ted's half empty wall.

DSC_0018.JPG

I still had the original pic on my camera, so I zoomed in on the sticker.

Mythos: Fantastic Four

Artist: Paolo Rivera

Published December 2007

The sticker price is $1,200

[font:Book Antiqua]Panels from Mythos: Fantastic Four one-shot (December 2007),

-script by Paul Jenkins, painted art by Paolo Rivera, letters by Joe Caramagna[/font]

mythosff1_zpsa492bb26.jpg

I

I can't afford Comicon and I'm within driving distance. Even if I could afford Comicon, I'd just spend that cash on a commission online.

Brother it's one of those things that you gotta experience it at least once.I have gone tons of times,but I'm at the point where I feel like been there done that.Now I'm kinda over it,because the amount of people is just incredibly heavy,hotels there just rip you off,and the over all level of dealing with lines everywhere you go is just so frustrating.Don't get me wrong I think it's (or it was) cool,but I can think of better shows that are less crowded,have more comic books,and I don't have to spend 600.00 a night for a room.

I

I can't afford Comicon and I'm within driving distance. Even if I could afford Comicon, I'd just spend that cash on a commission online.

Brother it's one of those things that you gotta experience it at least once.I have gone tons of times,but I'm at the point where I feel like been there done that.Now I'm kinda over it,because the amount of people is just incredibly heavy,hotels there just rip you off,and the over all level of dealing with lines everywhere you go is just so frustrating.Don't get me wrong I think it's (or it was) cool,but I can think of better shows that are less crowded,have more comic books,and I don't have to spend 600.00 a night for a room.

I've never been to San Diego Comicon. I don't know if I will ever go, considering the expense, crowds and [from what I've read] reduction in the number of actual comic dealers. I was just wondering, for those of you who have gone and also been to other major conventions, which do you recommend for actual comic book fans?

I

I've never been to San Diego Comicon. I don't know if I will ever go, considering the expense, crowds and [from what I've read] reduction in the number of actual comic dealers. I was just wondering, for those of you who have gone and also been to other major conventions, which do you recommend for actual comic book fans?

New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Charlotte.

Plenty of terrific shows for comics. Baltimore and Charlotte in particular are purposefully focused on mainly comics and comics creators.