• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

Yea I don't imagine they will. Joey made his bed with CBCS and I imagine that is all they need.

You just signed this thread's death warrent.

Listen, there was a thread where we had some fun was had last night, issues were discussed including members of both factions, some offensive words were posted(ok, just one), we had a glimpse into Kenny's eveningwear and the thread got nuked.

Let's wait and see what transpires instead of posting the same stuff over & over.

Joey isn't a competitor of CGC, he submits to them and others on behalf of his customers. I can understand why CGC would want to remove posts referring to their competiton, though I may not think it the best way for them to deal with it. Removing posts regarding someone that they work with because he is endorsed by their competition is a whole different thing though.

If this is really the route that they are going to take then I really think that they are shooting themselves in the foot by eroding goodwill and respect of some of their customers. I hope they clarify their position soon.

Joey isn't a competitor of CGC, he submits to them and others on behalf of his customers. I can understand why CGC would want to remove posts referring to their competiton, though I may not think it the best way for them to deal with it. Removing posts regarding someone that they work with because he is endorsed by their competition is a whole different thing though.

If this is really the route that they are going to take then I really think that they are shooting themselves in the foot by eroding goodwill and respect of some of their customers. I hope they clarify their position soon.

I wonder if he will still be able to directly sub to CGC

I wonder if the other relationship has any "exclusivity" to it.

this is turning into my 9th grade year all over again when Mom and Dad made me choose who I went to go live with... (ok not that bad..)

Then why are other competitors posts allowed to stay?

It's weird how company egos get in their own way. You'd think the smart play for CGC would be to have as many guys like you feeding them work as possible.

Maybe even offer monetary incentives, instead of Blacklisting anyone who's not exclusive to them.

In other words compete for your business, for feeding themselves, instead of slamming the door in a huff.

Then why are other competitors posts allowed to stay?

It's weird how company egos get in their own way. You'd think the smart play for CGC would be to have as many guys like you feeding them work as possible.

Maybe even offer monetary incentives, instead of Blacklisting anyone who's not exclusive to them.

In other words compete for your business, for feeding themselves, instead of slamming the door in a huff.

They're trying to protect the in house pressing that costs roughly 4x what Joey charges.

I like the CGC product and their customer service so I don’t like to say negative things about CGC but this recent behavior related to Joey Post seems very infantile.

Maybe there is more going on behind the scene such as CGC personnel jumping ship to the other grading company which has caused CGC to go from defensive mode to paranoid mode?

Also like bomberbob said last night, Joey provides great information to this board