• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

As he should be. One thing that has been forgotten is Joey is still a customer of CGC.

How has it been forgotten that Joey is a customer of CGC?

But will he be after the way this whole thing has been handled (or not handled at all)?

hm

The only person that can stop Joey from being a customer of CGC is Joey. (shrug)

I just looked at your new website for the first time in a few weeks.

Don't you think that posting this on your website:

CFP Comics is now the official pressing service of CBCS Comics. Email me for the details.

Would be the reason they changed their position about your posts on this forum?

The first thing I saw on CFP was two big ol' CGC Slabs. Front and center. Six of 'em if you rotate through.

But I'm kinda visual like that, so it was eye-catching.

What does that have to do with my post? (shrug)

CFP Comics is now the official pressing service of CBCS Comics. Email me for the details.

The first thing I saw on CFP was two big 'ol CGC Slabs. Front and center. Six of 'em if you rotate through.

Missing the point obviously.

CGC's seal is not on his website.

The first thing I saw on CFP was two big ol' CGC Slabs. Front and center. Six of 'em if you rotate through.

Actually, front and center was the logo for the competitor's company which was a click through link. It's dead center on the page.

The top of the page were images of his work before and after in cgc slabs.

Just because CFP is endorsed by the other guys shouldn't exclude joey post threads here on the Collector's Society boards. He clearly states that he offers many services such as CBCS and CGC submission options. After all they are supposed to be supporting the hobby. Now I think not!

Joey is more than endorsed. Endorsed means they declared their approval/support. This would be like saying, hey if you need a pressing, we like the work Joeypost does. Joey is their Official pressing service. This is much stronger, he has some connection to the company. Similar to how Coca cola is the Official soft drink of the World Cup. What does that mean? Well it means you won't be seeing anyone selling Pepsi. Yea was it a *spoon* move on CGC's part to poof the thread, you bet. It should have been handled with more tact (or even lock the thread but keep it for posterity) but I can somewhat see where they are coming from (to a VERY small extent) And mind you, none of what I just said is a slight at Joey. I have the utmost respect for him and his work quality, he is very good at what he does.

O and as for this...

How long can modern "hot" books sustain CGC and keep it profitable? This is a dying medium despite what anybody thinks "Print is Dead"

The CPR business will be more valuable down the road and to create such ill will (amongst Joey's friends and supporters, myself included) in what has been a very loyal customer base is silly and juvenile.

I'm really tired of hearing this cliche. Print is NOT dead. I was discussing the numbers with someone from Marvel last night. Your jaw would hit the floor if you knew how low digital is. Digital is growing, sure, but not at the expense of floppies. Monthly print sales are still > 5:1. The area where digital is "hurting" print is TPB.

Lets talk about this 3 yrs from now.

It's pretty simple. Joey presses books. Matt presses books.

You can have Matt press a book and then you can submit the book to CBCS if your boat floats that way (you'll just have to do it yourself as Matt won't do it for you) or submit it to CGC.

Or you can do the same with Joey, only he will likely submit books to both.

You won't see Matt advertising his services on CBCS and you won't see joey advertising his service on CGC any longer.

It's Joey's decision and he's a big boy and has been friends with members of both companies for years - he had to know it was coming.

Personally, I'd probably have not burned a bridge on one site but that's just the equivocating ( :D ) businessperson in me.

Nothing. Just pointing out the FREE ADVERTISING CGC's getting, visually outshining that dreaded 'official pressing service of' capfeather they're so concerned with. :)

It's pretty simple. Joey presses books. Matt presses books.

You can have Matt press a book and then you can submit the book to CBCS if your boat floats that way (you'll just have to do it yourself as Matt won't do it for you) or submit it to CGC.

Or you can do the same with Joey, only he will likely submit books to both.

You won't see Matt advertising his services on CBCS and you won't see joey advertising his service on CGC any longer.

It's Joey's decision and he's a big boy and has been friends with members of both companies for years - he had to know it was coming.

Personally, I'd probably have not burned a bridge on one site but that's just the equivocating ( :D ) businessperson in me.

Just when I thought I was out....

Since Joey has been friends with the CGC guys for years and brought them tons of business, maybe he thought they would part ways in a classy manner? Not just callously pull the plug, in a manner that can be perceived as cold and petty? Messaging.

Nothing. Just pointing out the FREE ADVERTISING CGC's getting, visually outshining that dreaded 'official pressing service of' capfeather they're so concerned with. :)

If Joe is the 'official pressing company for CBCS' how long do you think it is before CBCS slabs start showing up on the CFP site?

Since Joey has been friends with the CGC guys for years and brought them tons of business, maybe he thought they would part ways in a classy manner? Not just callously pull the plug, in a manner that can be perceived as cold and petty? Messaging.

And I'd be upset too, but then I'm not friends with the moderators or the higher ups. I just know the admin and grading staff at CGC.

If I'm going to submit a book to CBCS, do I have an obligation to let my friends at CGC know that?

And as I have often been reminded, friendship and business are two very different things that have little to do with each other.

And I'd be upset too, but then I'm not friends with the moderators or the higher ups. I just know the admin and grading staff at CGC.

If I'm going to submit a book to CBCS, do I have an obligation to let my friends at CGC know that?

And as I have often been reminded, friendship and business are two very different things that have little to do with each other.

Wishing Joey well, and announcing the new landscape once, would have been better than the preceding ~500+ posts from this morning and last night. Friends or not, it's a smarter way of doing business. Something another company seems to be cornering the market on these days.

A shame but very true.

And this is the reason this is such a mess. Many people know each other really well and have been friends for years (sometimes decades) so when businesses start to draw lines, the old lines get blurred quick. :(

Wishing Joey well, and announcing the new landscape once, would have been better than the preceding ~500+ posts from this morning and last night. Friends are not, it's a smarter way of doing business. Something another company seems to be cornering the market on these days.

I agree completely, which is why I've put so much effort into communicating this with CGC over the years.

I've been open about my negative feelings towards CGC's moderation practices over the last couple of years, to the point where some board members have mocked me for it, but I'm only doing it because I'd like this place to be as inviting as possible. I've been here 10 years (and some much longer) and am sad to see it change but in the end, it's their place and they can do what they want with it.