• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

If Coke are the official sponsor of a sporting event and I walk in with a bottle of Pepsi will I be thrown out?
Yes, you should be!

Plus they should rough you up as well. :sumo:

True - Pepsi is vile

When should we expect that the Ebay banner ads and affiliate links will disappear? Pretty soon we'll see CBCS books there as well.

Same for every auction house that advertises here.

It is silly, but it was expected.

What is unfortunate (as has been mentioned several times) is how reactive CGC is being rather than proactive and it looks unprofessional.

:banana:

If I send a book to be pressed by CCS and have it sent back to me raw and then slab it with CBCS, should I be banned? Implied is ", for that reason" for all the wiseacres out there.

If I send a book to be pressed by CCS and have it sent back to me raw and then slab it with CBCS, should I be banned? Implied is ", for that reason" for all the wiseacres out there.

Couldn't you have CCS send it straight to CBCS ? :makepoint:

hm

You've had it now

Champion of the oppressed! lol

I think that CGC has just taken the stance of moderating threads that promote their competitor's at CGC's expense. You're reading too far into it.

And if there was a dealer out there who only carried CBCS books and his name was being pumped in here, I'd assume his threads would be pulled as well.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that auction houses that run both books (CGC and CBCS) will probably be asked to run CGC only ads on this site.

And while I don't agree with many of CGC's decisions I can at the very least understand why they did it that way.

When should we expect that the Ebay banner ads and affiliate links will disappear? Pretty soon we'll see CBCS books there as well.

Same for every auction house that advertises here.

Yes. The more CGC tries to control things, the more time they are going to waste and energy they will burn playing whack a mole. They should just embrace they new reality and simply compete by providing the best overall customer service. Why not open the registry set to books by both companies? Revolutionary idea yes, but good for businesses to think outside the box.

So every dealer that sells a CBCS comic is no longer allowed to post or provide a link to their site?

CGC doesn't sell comics, they sell a service. The dealer is not competition.

Joey offers a pressing service. The same pressing service Matt does. They are in competition. Furthermore, Matt has aligned with CGC, Joey has now aligned with CBCS.

"Drop Ship" :idea:

So every dealer that sells a CBCS comic is no longer allowed to post or provide a link to their site?

Joey offers a pressing service. The same pressing service Matt does. They are in competition. Furthermore, Matt has aligned with CGC, Joey has now aligned with CBCS.

So everyone who presses is now verboten?

It's the End of Days

This is where I disagree. If I see links to dealers' websites, and I see that respected dealers are offering slabs from other companies, I am going to want to know more about that other company to see if they know something I do not.

Mind you, I am not simply talking about guys like Greg Reece and Bob Storms. I am talking Metropolis and Comic Link.