• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

Then why are other competitors posts allowed to stay?

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow, chest-thumping over common sense?

I can't believe what a mountain people are making out of a mole hill.

All CGC wants is for competitors to stop using their site to promote their own businesses. That's it.

Now we've reached the point where they might stop taking submissions from Joey? Are people whacked? It's never going to happen - unless of course, one of those competitors becomes an employee of the competitor - that is entirely different story.

Joey was simply recommended by CBCS, much in the same way Borock used to recommend Matt Nelson, and then Chris Friesen when PCS started, and then Matt Nelson or Joey when PCS close. As far as I can see right now, Joey is just a recommended professional and not employed by CBCS.

Which makes the nonsense of removing posts discussing or alluding to it even more ridiculous.

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow and choose chest-thumping over common sense?

I'm not sure if they can legally refuse submissions from anyone without justification. I'm sure joey wears shoes and a shirt when he subs books. :gossip:

Don't slow down a good wild conclusion.

If you just let this roll, someone was going to state that CGC is going to issue a "burn on sight" order for all Joey-pressed books.

Be like Fahrenheit 451 up in this piece.

There are things that may be done but I love the sarcasm. :banana:

Coffee hasn't kicked in yet....I had some reserve sarcasm left in the tank from yesterday.

Not directed at you but....

Honestly, none of the supposition or bombast is helping Joey or CGC through what are, clearly, uncharted waters.

Joey has a business to run and so does CGC. His services and their services go hand in hand. If they don't want to allow a gratuitous advertisement on this site to lead people to their competitor's site by extension it doesn't mean they can't continue to have a very mutually beneficial relationship.

Everyone else should tone down the "CGC has a shoot on site order for Joey" stuff and let them work it out. The world will continue to turn and books will continue to be pressed and graded.

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow, chest-thumping over common sense?

I can't believe what a mountain people are making out of a mole hill.

All CGC wants is for competitors to stop using their site to promote their own businesses. That's it.

Now we've reached the point where they might stop taking submissions from Joey? Are people whacked? It's never going to happen - unless of course, one of those competitors becomes an employee of the competitor - that is entirely different story.

Joey was simply recommended by CBCS, much in the same way Borock used to recommend Matt Nelson, and then Chris Friesen when PCS started, and then Matt Nelson or Joey when PCS close. As far as I can see right now, Joey is just a recommended professional and not employed by CBCS.

It goes deeper than that Roy. Fear breeds irrational actions.

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow and choose chest-thumping over common sense?

I am still wondering if something else happened, aside from removing free advertising for Joey that would lead people back to his site and thus to a competitors site, that would lead to these types of conclusory statements.

What I think is funny is that CCS has been in place for a while. There's never been any pushback from CGC on the issue of anyone (Joey, RMA, MasterCPU, etc.) offering pressing services here on the boards. Could it be considered a direct conflict with the CCS business? You betcha.

But what finally strikes the match to the gasoline? Reference by someone, somewhere, that Joey has been recommended as a presser for another grading company. That is somehow violating what appears to be a ban on promoting a competing grading (not pressing) service? Ludicrous.

I thought it was addition the banner in the center of Joey's site, with a clickable link directly to the competitors site (which just went live to take orders btw) that identified Joey and the "official presser" of said competitor.

I'm not sure if they can legally refuse submissions from anyone without justification. I'm sure joey wears shoes and a shirt when he subs books. :gossip:

If you just let this roll, someone was going to state that CGC is going to issue a "burn on sight" order for all Joey-pressed books.

There are things that may be done but I love the sarcasm. :banana:

Coffee hasn't kicked in yet....I had some reserve sarcasm left in the tank from yesterday.

Not directed at you but....

Honestly, none of the supposition or bombast is helping Joey or CGC through what are, clearly, uncharted waters.

Joey has a business to run and so does CGC. His services and their services go hand in hand. If they don't want to allow a gratuitous advertisement on this site to lead people to their competitor's site by extension it doesn't mean they can't continue to have a very mutually beneficial relationship.

Everyone else should tone down the "CGC has a shoot on site order for Joey" stuff and let them work it out. The world will continue to turn and books will continue to be pressed and graded.

I'm sorry Chris only over reactions and knee jerk posts are allowed here on the CGC boards.

I am still wondering if something else happened, aside from removing free advertising for Joey that would lead people back to his site and thus to a competitors site, that would lead to these types of conclusory statements.

What I think is funny is that CCS has been in place for a while. There's never been any pushback from CGC on the issue of anyone (Joey, RMA, MasterCPU, etc.) offering pressing services here on the boards. Could it be considered a direct conflict with the CCS business? You betcha.

But what finally strikes the match to the gasoline? Reference by someone, somewhere, that Joey has been recommended as a presser for another grading company. That is somehow violating what appears to be a ban on promoting a competing grading (not pressing) service? Ludicrous.

It is silly, but it was expected.

What is unfortunate (as has been mentioned several times) is how reactive CGC is being rather than proactive and it looks unprofessional.

Which makes the nonsense of removing posts discussing or alluding to it even more ridiculous.

But the threads did promote Joey's pressing service at the expense of CCS's.

It's no different than a lawyer pumping himself on another law firm's site.

From what I can gather from the exchange between Ze and Joey, Joey knew it was coming. I think he's more disappointed in the way it was carried out.

I thought it was addition the banner in the center of Joey's site, with a clickable link directly to the competitors site (which just went live to take orders btw) that identified Joey and the "official presser" of said competitor.

I'll take your word on it, I wasn't there to witness it and the record has been struck from the collective. That said, it's still a weak excuse. Now Joey can't link or reference his website because the website has a note that he's been endorsed by the other guys.

Would this mean that, if CBR runs a banner ad advertising the other guys, that any links to CBR now must be struck? What about those banner ads above (assuming people aren't smart enough to Adblock them)? What if there are other grading company's books listed for sale?

Why care about the convoluted "advertising/promotion" of something that occurs on another website and not care about the direct conflict of a CCS competitor? Logical decisions are not the PR department's strong suit.

There's just as much irrational thought on the part of board members as there is with CGC...but what would an internet thread be without people reaching for conclusions and leveraging drama. :facepalm:

There's just as much irrational thought on the part of board members as there is with CGC...but what would an internet thread be without people reaching for conclusions and leveraging drama. :facepalm:

Or equivocating on every issue?

I'll take your word on it, I wasn't there to witness it and the record has been struck from the collective. That said, it's still a weak excuse. Now Joey can't link or reference his website because the website has a note that he's been endorsed by the other guys.

Would this mean that, if CBR runs a banner ad advertising the other guys, that any links to CBR now must be struck? What about those banner ads above (assuming people aren't smart enough to Adblock them)? What if there are other grading company's books listed for sale?

Why care about the convoluted "advertising/promotion" of something that occurs on another website and not care about the direct conflict of a CCS competitor? Logical decisions are not the PR department's strong suit.

perceived conflict of interest :gossip:

Or equivocating on every issue?

Or just board members being catty rather than being patient and letting Joey and CGC work it out, which I have no doubt they will.

And in the end, we are all one and the same. ;)

How long can modern "hot" books sustain CGC and keep it profitable? This is a dying medium despite what anybody thinks "Print is Dead"

The CPR business will be more valuable down the road and to create such ill will (amongst Joey's friends and supporters, myself included) in what has been a very loyal customer base is silly and juvenile.

Wild conclusions happen more frequently when customers are left to speculate. An official announcement would be better.

perceived conflict of interest :gossip:

Nothing is perceived really. It has always been a conflict of interests. CGC has allowed me to have a presence on these boards as a professional, not just as a board member. I was really in a very unique space since they purchased CI and started offering in-house pressing. I say unique because I submit a LOT of books under my account...a lot. Before that I was just another guy who pressed that directed the books to them. Now that "the other guys" exists I believe CGC feels that I will not endorse their product. If a customer asks me to squish books and send them to CGC that is what I am going to do. I don't get a kick back from any of the grading companies, I make my money by pressing books. If the owner asks me to press a book and then burn it, that's what I would do. Well, maybe not burn it, but you get the idea.

Nothing is perceived really. It has always been a conflict of interests. CGC has allowed me to have a presence on these boards as a professional, not just as a board member. I was really in a very unique space since they purchased CI and started offering in-house pressing. I say unique because I submit a LOT of books under my account...a lot. Before that I was just another guy who pressed that directed the books to them. Now that "the other guys" exists I believe CGC feels that I will not endorse their product. If a customer asks me to squish books and send them to CGC that is what I am going to do. I don't get a kick back from any of the grading companies, I make my money by pressing books. If the owner asks me to press a book and then burn it, that's what I would do. Well, maybe not burn it, but you get the idea.

That's perception, Joe. :baiting:

lol

This is all being painted like a scene from Dr. Strangeglove, with CGC brass in a fit of monopolistic conspiratorial fury deciding the fate of Joey threads while sitting around a huge table in a darkened room.

I think it's probably more likely that CGC wasn't even involved, and the Moderation team removed the threads because they either got out of hand or broke some of the rather straightforward rules regarding discussions about competitive products.

I just looked at your new website for the first time in a few weeks.

Don't you think that posting this on your website:

CFP Comics is now the official pressing service of CBCS Comics. Email me for the details.

Would be the reason they changed their position about your posts on this forum?