• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

Then why are other competitors posts allowed to stay?

Three things:

1) I want to make it clear that I am not supporting this decision to remove these threads. But I don't think they were right when they pulled the threads for the other grading company either.

2) While the endorsement of the other grading company may have been the impetus to pull the threads I would think it's the direct competition of Joey with a unit of CGC's parent company that they would use as an excuse.

3) The reason they don't pull PGX threads is because there is rarely an endorsement of their services. We all realize what a joke they are. Now if someone started an "I hate Joeypost" thread it would be interesting to see if it stands.

Oh, and as I stated earlier I am in no way endorsing this behavior by our board overlords. Merely giving my guess as to what their thinking is.

It reminds me when the Pharaoh couldn't proclaim Moses' death sentence in the ten commandments so instead he has his name stricken from all the obelisk and monuments.

The bad thing about a monopoly is they don't realize when they are being monopolistic.

It's weird how company egos get in their own way. You'd think the smart play for CGC would be to have as many guys like you feeding them work as possible.

Maybe even offer monetary incentives, instead of Blacklisting anyone who's not exclusive to them.

In other words compete for your business, for feeding themselves, instead of slamming the door in a huff.

Who got blacklisted? Who can't feed them business? Did someone say they aren't going to take pressing business from Joey?

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow, chest-thumping over common sense?

It's weird how company egos get in their own way. You'd think the smart play for CGC would be to have as many guys like you feeding them work as possible.

Maybe even offer monetary incentives, instead of Blacklisting anyone who's not exclusive to them.

In other words compete for your business, for feeding themselves, instead of slamming the door in a huff.

Who got blacklisted? Who can't feed them business? Did someone say they aren't going to take pressing business from Joey?

Not yet.

Not yet.

That would be a huge mistake. I can't imagine CGC would do that…

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow and choose chest-thumping over common sense?

I am still wondering if something else happened, aside from removing free advertising for Joey that would lead people back to his site and thus to a competitors site, that would lead to these types of conclusory statements.

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow and choose chest-thumping over common sense?

I'm not sure if they can legally refuse submissions from anyone without justification. I'm sure joey wears shoes and a shirt when he subs books. :gossip:

I'm not sure if they can legally refuse submissions from anyone without justification. I'm sure joey wears shoes and a shirt when he subs books. :gossip:

Don't slow down a good wild conclusion.

If you just let this roll, someone was going to state that CGC is going to issue a "burn on sight" order for all Joey-pressed books.

Be like Fahrenheit 451 up in this piece.

Great. That's an image many of us will now have burned in our minds.

I guess I'm missing something. This thread seemed to indicate CGC was yanking his posts from public view?

Unless his every post had a live direct-link to a competitor, which was always against the rules, why censor the man? (shrug)

If you just let this roll, someone was going to state that CGC is going to issue a "burn on sight" order for all Joey-pressed books.

There are things that may be done but I love the sarcasm. :banana:

Flip flops.

There are things that may be done but I love the sarcasm. :banana:

All books subbed by Joey will get an automatic 2 grade deduction...

I am still wondering if something else happened, aside from removing free advertising for Joey that would lead people back to his site and thus to a competitors site, that would lead to these types of conclusory statements.

What I think is funny is that CCS has been in place for a while. There's never been any pushback from CGC on the issue of anyone (Joey, RMA, MasterCPU, etc.) offering pressing services here on the boards. Could it be considered a direct conflict with the CCS business? You betcha.

But what finally strikes the match to the gasoline? Reference by someone, somewhere, that Joey has been recommended as a presser for another grading company. That is somehow violating what appears to be a ban on promoting a competing grading (not pressing) service? Ludicrous.

As an Independent odds are a certain percentage of your clients may insist on CGC. Will CGC still accept that revenue stream for themselves? Or cut off the flow, chest-thumping over common sense?

I can't believe what a mountain people are making out of a mole hill.

All CGC wants is for competitors to stop using their site to promote their own businesses. That's it.

Now we've reached the point where they might stop taking submissions from Joey? Are people whacked? It's never going to happen - unless of course, one of those competitors becomes an employee of the competitor - that is entirely different story.

Joey was simply recommended by CBCS, much in the same way Borock used to recommend Matt Nelson, and then Chris Friesen when PCS started, and then Matt Nelson or Joey when PCS close. As far as I can see right now, Joey is just a recommended professional and not employed by CBCS.