• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

I watched Session 9 on Friday - very eerie ghost story filmed at Danvers State Hospital which is reported to be haunted. Reminded me of the Shining. I definitely recommend it. (thumbs u

Excellent film and the soundtrack by Climax Golden Twins is phenomenal.

I havent looked through the thread, but I really liked Martyrs. Well.... as much as you can "like" that sort of thing. It was pretty messed up.

(thumbs u

This movie still haunts me to this day.

A rare one is Project Metalbeast. .

doh!

I'll try this one on for size next.

Wondering if you ever watched it. The whole movie in one gulp is on youtube:

I first caught it on Monstervision hosted by Joe Bob Briggs. Liked it so much I found the official VHS copy (long gone now). Interestingly on the horror movie forums I used to frequent, it was a favorite even among the pro folks.

^^wow never seen that one looks awesome!

Its actually pretty cool. The opening five or so minutes are classic FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN Classic Opening! (One of the most effective horror openings in the history of horror films - but it is B&W and 4:3 so for the more modern folk it may not fly.)

Its actually pretty cool. The opening five or so minutes are classic FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN Classic Opening! (One of the most effective horror openings in the history of horror films - but it is B&W and 4:3 so for the more modern folk it may not fly.)

nice I will give it a look good horror movies are awesome and very hard to come by these days

nice I will give it a look good horror movies are awesome and very hard to come by these days

I really do hope you like it. When I was as busy writing about classic horror and mystery and as busy on classic horror message boards as I am here it was actually well regarded by some top writers of the genre. But let that not influence you. It is an intriguing concept (the "metalbeast" AND it has Musetta Vander. Not much more to say.) :blush:

It literally is the best time travel movie ever made

No inconsistencies

No inconsistencies

Wait - you just used Reno's thread to prove time travel was impossible because of some concept about no absolute reference in the universe, and now you say "no inconsistencies"? I think you just like posting. Yah! That's what *I* think!

No inconsistencies

Wait - you just used Reno's thread to prove time travel was impossible because of some concept about no absolute reference in the universe, and now you say "no inconsistencies"? I think you just like posting. Yah! That's what *I* think!

Hey that's your Av in the movie

just sayin

No inconsistencies

Hey that's your Av in the movie

just sayin

What is this Av??? Audio Visual don't work and if it WERE Audio Visual both the A and V would be upper case. I am ???