• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone. A few weeks back, I dropped a note talking about horror films and had mentioned my love for Phantasm II. A very nice new board member messaged me to talk about the Phantasm series and it got me thinking to start a thread talking about everyone's favorite underrated or best unknown horror films. I would love to hear some of the obscure stuff people out there are fans of.

I'll start off with "Phantasm II" and the 1972 Bob Clark film, "Deathdream" which is a great Vietnam version of the Monkey Paw story.

This will be moved.

But I vote for The Car. So bad azz. I remember years back seeing The Car mini toy in Toys R Us. Could not grab it fast enough to buy it. Was like I found gold. lol. They also came out with the Phantasm cud a model....which I also bought.

I hope it doesn't get moved..... but here's a few that pop to mind.....

Humanoids From The Deep

Slithus

The Tingler

...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Humanoids From The Deep

Slithus

The Tingler

...... GOD BLESS....

Loved Humanoids from the Deep! Never saw the other two....I will check them out! :headbang:

Phantasm 2 is a classic.

I also liked:

Re-Animator

In the Mouth of Madness

Ravenous

Wild Zero

Halloween 3

The Fog

The Ninth Gate

The Blob

Pet Sematary 2

Dead Heat

Creepshow

Near Dark

Trick r Treat

The Return of the Living Dead

I could go on and on. Some are so bad they are good (Dead Heat), some are so good they are good.

Just ordered Evilspeak and recently got Terror Vision and The Video Dead. Anyone seen those?

Humanoids From The Deep

Slithus

The Tingler

...... GOD BLESS....

Loved Humanoids from the Deep! Never saw the other two....I will check them out! :headbang:

Slithus may be misspelled but is circa '78 or so ..... Tingler is a B&W and at the time (I was a kid) it was the most terrifying movie I had ever seen.... to this day my sister still can't sit all the way through it lol GOD BLESS....

..... a boardie several years ago started a website for old horror movies that had the words "Drive In" in it somewhere IIRC..... GOD BLESS...

Trick r Treat

+1

Very underrated, and ROTLD introduced zombies eating brains AND the fast zombies. I'm always surprised this movie is so overlooked by a large portion of the zombie crowd. For me, it's one of the foundations of the zombie culture.

Plus...TARMAN.

Phantasm 2 is a classic.

I also liked:

Re-Animator

In the Mouth of Madness

Ravenous

Wild Zero

Halloween 3

The Fog

The Ninth Gate

The Blob

Pet Sematary 2

Dead Heat

Creepshow

Near Dark

Trick r Treat

I could go on and on. Some are so bad they are good (Dead Heat), some are so good they are good.

Just ordered Evilspeak and recently got Terror Vision and The Video Dead. Anyone seen those.

Love most of those. I just had about an hour debate with a co worker the other day on why I thought Halloween 3 was a good movie. He was dead set on it being a dud after watching it once years ago. :facepalm: The whole no Mike Myers made people shun it for years. Real cool movie!!!

tomakins.jpg[/img]

Trick r Treat

+1

Very underrated, and ROTLD introduced zombies eating brains AND the fast zombies. I'm always surprised this movie is so overlooked by a large portion of the zombie crowd. For me, it's one of the foundations of the zombie culture.

Plus...TARMAN.

Tarman? Who's that? lol

2da5a3748b955cce4ccbe7acf8ef911f_zps4b91e72b.jpg[/img]

Phantasm 2 is a classic.

I also liked:

Re-Animator

In the Mouth of Madness

Ravenous

Wild Zero

Halloween 3

The Fog

The Ninth Gate

The Blob

Pet Sematary 2

Dead Heat

Creepshow

Near Dark

Trick r Treat

Just ordered Evilspeak and recently got Terror Vision and The Video Dead. Anyone seen those.

Great list.

A few more recent classics:

House of 1000 corpses

Dreamcatcher

Cabin in the Woods

Triangle

Time Crimes (Los Cronocrímenes)

Probably not underrated but I have always liked "They Live".

"your next" was also enjoyable but maybe not of the same standard as the others.

Phantasm 2 is a classic.

I also liked:

Re-Animator

In the Mouth of Madness

Ravenous

Wild Zero

Halloween 3

The Fog

The Ninth Gate

The Blob

Pet Sematary 2

Dead Heat

Creepshow

Near Dark

Trick r Treat

Love most of those. I just had about an hour debate with a co worker the other day on why I thought Halloween 3 was a good movie. He was dead set on it being a dud after watching it once years ago. :facepalm: The whole no Mike Myers made people shun it for years. Real cool movie!!!

tomakins.jpg[/img]

Tom Atkins dominated 80s horror. He was also in The Fog and, yet another classic, Night of the Creeps.

Trick r Treat

+1

Plus...TARMAN.

Trick r Treat was shelved for years before it finally got released. Shame, as it's a great entry into the anthology-type horror genre. Along the same lines, Creepshow 2 had some moments, especially the blob in the lake portion.

Trick r Treat

+1

Plus...TARMAN.

Tarman? Who's that? lol

2da5a3748b955cce4ccbe7acf8ef911f_zps4b91e72b.jpg[/img]

AWESOME!

(worship)