• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Has anyone mentioned House? Love that movie! Still not on Blu Ray.

House!!! :headbang: I loved that movie as a kid. Still one of my all time favorites. I even really enjoyed the sequel.

Has The People Under the Stairs been mentioned?

Yes and yes..there was a Comic by Marvel for House.

I have the House II: Second Story comic; giveaway at a video store as a kid.

ooooh I want one!!!

h2_zpsbbd5b4b1.jpg

It's definitely a reader copy. I think I got this before I even knew bags and boards existed. You're not in the US are you? If there is a cheap way to ship this to you I'll send it out :)

I'm in Canada... :(

Keep it man,it's an OO and we'll worth keeping an loving.But the nice gesture is worth10000000000$ to me.friends forever!

(thumbs u

Almost forgot Black Devil Doll.

Now that's a winner ;)

That reminds me, Trilogy of Terror. The TV movie, that wasn't bad. Scared me as a kid.

Trilogy of Terror is one of the best. Definitely scared the heck out of me.

What kid didn't get scared after that came out? I put GI Joe action figures under my bed as a kid. I had convinced myself if there were enough of them, they could fight off that voodoo doll.

:eek:

Anyone mention Trilogy of Terror yet? Bronze may have but I didn't notice .. he seems to keep bringing up movies that melted my poor childhood brain and that little doll in ToT definitely did that!

The Children /shiver .. I had forgotten about that one. I used to think they were hanging outside in the street when I was trying to go to bed at night.

Now that's a winner ;)

That reminds me, Trilogy of Terror. The TV movie, that wasn't bad. Scared me as a kid.

What kid didn't get scared after that came out? I put GI Joe action figures under my bed as a kid. I had convinced myself if there were enough of them, they could fight off that voodoo doll.

Hilarious! I just missed this post mentioning that movie. I wouldn't turn on lamps in my grandmothers house because I thought that stupid doll was gonna be there.

Now that's a winner ;)

Hilarious! I just missed this post mentioning that movie. I wouldn't turn on lamps in my grandmothers house because I thought that stupid doll was gonna be there.

That TV movie put the 'T' in 'Terror' for sure. My sister would taking a running leap for her bed when she saw this. Unfortunately, I'd laugh when she missed.

Now that's a winner ;)

That TV movie put the 'T' in 'Terror' for sure. My sister would taking a running leap for her bed when she saw this. Unfortunately, I'd laugh when she missed.

You know a movie is awesome, when the Simpsons parodies them. That Krusty Doll piece was one of the shows best.

Now that's a winner ;)

I remember my younger brother screaming and running out of the living room during that movie. Really scary and I had the hots for Karen Black from that moment on...

Has anyone mentioned House? Love that movie! Still not on Blu Ray.

House!!! :headbang: I loved that movie as a kid. Still one of my all time favorites. I even really enjoyed the sequel.

Has The People Under the Stairs been mentioned?

Yes and yes..there was a Comic by Marvel for House.

I have the House II: Second Story comic; giveaway at a video store as a kid.

ooooh I want one!!!

h2_zpsbbd5b4b1.jpg

It's definitely a reader copy. I think I got this before I even knew bags and boards existed. You're not in the US are you? If there is a cheap way to ship this to you I'll send it out :)

THAT is freakn AWESOME!!! Where can i buy a copy?

PM sent. Or if that doesn't work, I just looked on the bay and it looks like there are some cheap copies there.

You rock!!!

Now that's a winner ;)

:roflmao:

How about best horror movies with a twist ending.

Psycho

Sleepaway Camp

Cabin in the Woods

Identity

The Others

The Wicker Man

Angel Heart

6th Sense blew everyone away with it's twist at the end.

I thought the Saw movies had pretty decent twists as well.

Btw, I really hated the Wicker Man. I only saw the remake in theaters, and I seriously felt sick to my stomach, and almost walked out of the theater. Not sure why, but for me its one of those movies that just really bothered me.

Psycho

Sleepaway Camp

Cabin in the Woods

Identity

The Others

The Wicker Man

Angel Heart

Btw, I really hated the Wicker Man. I only saw the remake in theaters, and I seriously felt sick to my stomach, and almost walked out of the theater. Not sure why, but for me its one of those movies that just really bothered me.

I thought about sixth sense, but then I don't really think of that as a horror movie. Same with all of M Night Shamalon (or however you spell it).

Psycho

Sleepaway Camp

Cabin in the Woods

Identity

The Others

The Wicker Man

Angel Heart

Not everyone.

Now that's a winner ;)

:roflmao:

:blush:

It helped me get through the night thinking they were on floor patrol. At least for a few weeks while getting over the trauma of that TV movie.

But there was always other movies to keep the scares coming.

:ohnoez:

I would like to add "The Agression Scale".

It's like an R-Rated "Home Alone". Violent home invaders decide to rob a home where the resourceful kid is more sadistic then they are. lol

I'm still trying to figure out if he was helping his big sister or just using her for bait to torture these fools.

Highly recommended underrated movie.

I also want to give another shout out to the ultimate home invasion movie where the residents turned out to be psychos... "The People Under The Stairs". Classic Craven. (thumbs u

I let my mother borrow the Agression Scale DVD tonight. "You liked Home Alone, right?" :roflmao: Yes, I'm gonna burn in Hell. :devil:

I haven't read through the entire thread to see whether any of these have been mentioned.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (made for TV)

Wasn't this the movie that some rednecks killed a mental disabled man who they thought killed a child when he didn't?

The Scarecrow came back and got them all?

That movie scared me to death as a child, but it was great. :eek:

On a side note...a friend of the wife and I's is close with the filmaker of August Underground....She had to go testify on his behalf,as he was looking at serious jail time.They thought he actually had killed people.

There's a documentary out there about snuff or low budget horror films and Vogel/Toe Tag Productions is a big part of it. That production company he runs is twisted. They make custom films for people based on requests for torture and death scenes.

If August Underground is your thing, then A Serbian Film should be right up your alley. I still don't have the courage to watch that yet. I don't even like reading the synopsis.