• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

Furious 7 was way over the top. The reason its making so much money is due to Paul Walkers death. It was a very nice tribute the film makers gave him.

Having seen the whole series a few times 1 and 5 remain the best and I believe the series peaked with 5.

The Furious flims become more over the top and ridiculous with each entry and you definitely need to leave your brain outside.

However Furious 7 is better then Iron Man 3.

I loved 1 and the one in Tokyo.

I`m going to see Furious 7 today. :wishluck:

Furious 7 was way over the top. The reason its making so much money is due to Paul Walkers death. It was a very nice tribute the film makers gave him.

Having seen the whole series a few times 1 and 5 remain the best and I believe the series peaked with 5.

The Furious flims become more over the top and ridiculous with each entry and you definitely need to leave your brain outside.

However Furious 7 is better then Iron Man 3.

I loved 1 and the one in Tokyo.

I`m going to see Furious 7 today. :wishluck:

Just came back.

One of best.

I had to hold back tears.

R.I.P.

Paul Walker

Paul-Walker-Furious-7-Last-Goodbye-Scene-2.jpg

:news:UPDATE: Updated new release dates; added Spider-Man animated movie, Spectacular Spider-Man, Pacific Rim 2, Lego Batman Movie, Lego Movie 2. :news:

• January 23, 2015 – Strange Magic (Lucasfilm/Disney)
  • February 6, 2015 – Jupiter Ascending (WB)
  • February 6, 2015 – Seventh Son (Uni.)
  • February 6, 2015 – SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water (Par.)
  • February 13, 2015 – Kingsman: The Secret Service (Fox)
  • February 20, 2015 – McFarland, USA (Disney)
  • March 13, 2015 – Cinderella (Disney)
  • April 17, 2015 – Monkey Kingdom (Disneynature)
  • May 1, 2015 – The Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • May 15, 2015 – Mad Max: Fury Road
  • May 22, 2015 – Tomorrowland (Disney)
  • June 5, 2015 – B.o.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations
  • June 12, 2015 – Jurassic World
  • June 19, 2015 – Inside Out (Pixar)
  • July 1, 2015 – Terminator: Genisys (Terminator 1)
  • July 17, 2015 – Ant-Man
  • July 31, 2015 – Mission Impossible 5
  • August 7, 2015 – Fantastic Four
  • August 7, 2015 – Poltergeist (2015)
  • August 14, 2015 – The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
  • August 28, 2015 – Hitman: Agent 47
  • September 25, 2015 – Hotel Transylvania 2
  • October 2, 2015 – Victor Frankenstein (2015)
  • October 9, 2015 – The Jungle Book (Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Untitled Steven Spielberg Cold War Spy Thriller (DreamWorks/Disney)
  • November 6, 2015 – Bond 24 (Spectre)
  • November 13, 2015 – Friday the 13th (2015)
  • November 20, 2015 – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • November 25, 2015 – The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: THE FORCE AWAKENS (Lucasfilm/Disney)

• February 12, 2016 - Deadpool (Fox)
  • March 4, 2016 – Zootopia (Disney)
  • March 11, 2016 – Warcraft
  • March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse
  • May 27, 2016 – Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
  • June 3, 2016 – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
  • June 17, 2016 - How To Train Your Dragon 3
  • July 1, 2016 – Independence Day 2
  • July 8, 2016 – Star Trek 3
  • July 22, 2016 – Power Rangers
  • August 5, 2016 – Suicide Squad (directed by David Ayers)
  • October 7, 2016 – Gambit (Fox)
  • November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange
  • November 11, 2016 – Sinister Six
  • November 23, 2016 – Moana (Disney)
  • December 16, 2016 – Rogue One (Star Wars standalone movie)

• 2017 – Bloodshot
  • February 10, 2017 – The LEGO Batman Movie
  • March 3, 2017 – Wolverine 3 (Untitled)
  • March 10, 2017 – Kong: Skull Island
  • March 24, 2017 - The Mummy
  • May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  • May 19, 2017 – Terminator 2
  • May 26, 2017 – Star Wars: Episode VIII
  • June 9, 2017 – Fantastic Four 2
  • June 23, 2017 – Wonder Woman
  • July 17, 2017 – Planet of the Apes 3
  • July 28, 2017 – Spectacular Spider-Man or 'Spider-Man: The New Avenger' (Marvel/Sony)
  • August 4th, 2017 - Pacific Rim 2
  • November 3, 2017 - THOR: Ragnarok!
  • November 17, 2017 - Justice League, Part One

• March 23, 2018 – The Flash (starring Ezra Miller)
  • March 30, 2018 – 'Universal Monster Franchise Film'
  • May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
  • May 18, 2018 – The LEGO Movie 2
  • June 29, 2018 - Terminator 3
  • July 6, 2018 - Black Panther
  • July 13, 2018 – Unannounced X-Men Movie
  • July 20, 2018 – Animated Spider-Man (Sony)
  • July 27, 2018 – Aquaman (starring Jason Mamoa)
  • November 2, 2018 - Captain Marvel (Marvel)

• April 5th, 2019 – Shazam (starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson)
  • May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
  • June 14th, 2019 – Justice League, Part Two
  • July 12, 2019 - The Inhumans (Marvel)

• April 3rd, 2020 – Cyborg (starring Ray Fisher)
  • June 19th, 2020 – Green Lantern reboot

This Leaked Sony Email Might Reveal Why Marvel Won't Move Forward With Female-Lead Films

There has been a lot of talk lately about why Marvel Studios isn't making a Black Widow film. While many people are in favor of seeing this film get green-lit, Marvel execs say otherwise. With over 30,000 searchable files leaked from Sony-Marvel emails, one surfaced that revealed Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter and Sony CEO Michael Lynton exchanging a message that seemingly reveals why Marvel doesn't want to move forward with a Black Widow film, and many female-superhero films in general.

To: "Lynton, Michael"

Subject: Female Movies

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 05:32:50 -0400

Michael,

As we discussed on the phone, below are just a few examples. There are more.

Thanks,

Ike

1. Electra (Marvel) – Very bad idea and the end result was very, very bad.http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=elektra.htm

2. Catwoman (WB/DC) - Catwoman was one of the most important female character within the Batmanfranchise. This film was a disaster. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=catwoman.htm

3. Supergirl – (DC) Supergirl was one of the most important female super hero in Superman franchise. This Movie came out in 1984 and did $14 million total domestic with opening weekend of $5.5 million. Again, another disaster.

Best,

Ike

One thing all of those movies have in common: They were awful movies. Not just "they didn't do very well & the public didn't pay to see them" awful box office results, but they were just plain bad movies. The stories were bad. The acting was bad. The casting was bad. And all 3 deviated from the source material terribly.

I thought it was a weak comparison as well to prove Ike's point female-led movies don't work.

Pick the right character, using the right creative team and actors, and watch the money roll in.

Like there was any question Disney was going to let him stray.

Kevin Feige's Marvel Contract Renewed; Says There Won't Be Any "Dark Turns" In The MCU

According to a moderator from Reddit's Marvel Studios thread who attended a pre-screening of Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kevin Feige's Marvel "contract was renewed recently, but he would not say much on the subject." While there he had a brief interview with Marvel CEO Kevin Feige and he took down some interesting notes from that interview that revealed Feige's initial thoughts about the MCU. Feige says no matter how bad a trailer might look, the film will never disappoint! Check out the notes below!

"There is no dark turn in the MCU. He says every year fans come up to him and ask him if this movie is when the MCU goes "dark" or takes a "dark" turn. He said while the trailers may seem ominous or have a sense of impending doom, the movies do not have that feel, and will not. He said he "Hoped people would catch on by now" - there will be no giant dark turns in the MCU where it then continues to head in that direction. The humor is in the DNA of the movies, there are no plans to change that."

Tom Hardy Is Cooking Up Another DC Adaptation At Warner Bros.

I actually got something cooking with Warner Bros. which is also a comic book, it’s a DC thing which is kind of… It’s really good actually, it contains elements of all kinds of stuff. From Ocean’s Eleven, to Batman, you can get all the wrappers out and it would be a big, really cool, Technicolor, Pulp Fiction…It’s a psychological [frick]fest, it’s absolutely awesome. It’s as if you would take Transmetropolitan and make it happen, but it’s not that out there it’s something which is much more real world. It could be like Heat, it could be [frick]ing awesome... try and guess.

:applause:

"We’re trying to break a story. It’s interesting, because there’s a really popular TV show out there, and we’re trying to carve out space for the movie that’s apart from that. I think we’re doing alright. … I believe [our Flash] is going to be Barry Allen. … It’s going to be it’s own [thing, apart from the TV show] — we’re more trying to stick with the cinematic universe… it really is its own thing, and kind of a stand-alone movie. We’re just trying to think of the best story. I think you guys will like it, it’s kind of a different take on superhero stuff."

dc_tv_shows_by_zordan_el-d8994hb.jpg
is that krypton.

DC TV Portfolio Takes New Heights:

Additionally, WBCP will highlight its rich primetime TV licensing portfolio based on DC Entertainment’s pantheon of characters across DC Comics and Vertigo. From Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DCE, new DC Comics–based series “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” and returning hits “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Gotham,” along with Vertigo-based new series “Lucifer” and returning series “iZOMBIE,” will continue to inspire an array of new products from licensing partners in every category as WBCP brings fans closer to their favorite WBTV hits.

I was assuming that is either Supergirl or Legends of Tomorrow.

is that krypton.

Additionally, WBCP will highlight its rich primetime TV licensing portfolio based on DC Entertainment’s pantheon of characters across DC Comics and Vertigo. From Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DCE, new DC Comics–based series “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” and returning hits “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Gotham,” along with Vertigo-based new series “Lucifer” and returning series “iZOMBIE,” will continue to inspire an array of new products from licensing partners in every category as WBCP brings fans closer to their favorite WBTV hits.

it could be legends of tomorrow, what i'm wondering is why are they showing constantine.

is that krypton.

it could be legends of tomorrow, what i'm wondering is why are they showing constantine.

Is that Constantine? I know very little about him but I assumed that the character shown must be someone else.

I believe that is Lucifer.

lucifer-TV-series.jpg

EXORCIST director says superhero's are ruining movies

Speaking at the Champs-Elysees Film Festival in Paris, William Friedkin, the Oscar-winning director of The French Connection and The Exorcist said “Today cinema in America is all about Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Avengers, Hunger Games: all kinds of stuff that I have no interest in seeing at all."

Maybe he should look at all the movies coming out from now to 2020, and then think how much cinema attendees WANT these silly superhero movies.