• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

I wonder if Max Landis will be posting any more advice Twitters for Josh Trank on how to make a movie that appeals to a target audience.

American Ultra

Writer: Max Landis

Domestic: $5,500,000

Domestic Summary

Opening Weekend: $5,500,000

(#6 rank, 2,778 theaters, $1,980

I wonder if Max Landis will be posting any more advice Twitters for Josh Trank on how to make a movie that appeals to a target audience.

American Ultra

Domestic Summary

I think they nailed their target market. I bet 100% of pothead CIA agents 18-39 saw this movie, and had a blast.

American Ultra

Domestic Summary

I think they nailed their target market. I bet 100% of pothead CIA agents 18-39 saw this movie, and had a blast.

And yet I still want to see this movie, as it does look like a fun 'Zombieland' like comedy. Max Landis is already posting how he would approach a sequel, if given a chance.

American Ultra Writer Max Landis Discusses His Sequel Idea

'International Ultra' would be the title.

Boy, it's those kids movies you need to watch out for. They come out of nowhere, and take all your money.

btxmvFS.png

Y4Q27Hc.png

:o:o:o

And the Terminator Franchise owes a huge 'thank you' to China right now.

mi3JXYY.png

3M55KXv.png

This sounds like a good thing when it comes to creative control without any unnecessary influences.

Marvel Studios Reporting DIrectly To Alan Horn, Separate From Other Marvel Projects

A year after Marvel Studios moved onto the Disney lot, its president Kevin Feige has orchestrated a reorganization that sees him reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn, wresting oversight of the film division away from Marvel Entertainment COO Ike Perlmutter. The reorganization, which took effect last week, only affects the film division; television and other Marvel endeavors remain under Perlmutter’s purview. Walt Disney Studios President Alan Bergman also will be heavily involved with the Marvel team. The new situation is not dissimilar from the one Disney has with Lucasfilm.

While New York-based Perlmutter has a reputation for being tough to work with, Horn and Feige have worked closely together for some time and have had a very successful creative relationship. Marvel has had a string of massive hits, which in a year’s time has included Ant-Man, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Variety has a decent article about the reorg as well.

Marvel's Kevin Feige Will Now Report to Disney

The move in oversight of Feige to the Walt Disney Studios chairman and away from Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter is one that a company spokesman described as “the logical next step.” There have been reports that Feige clashed with Perlmutter.

The studio positioned the move similar to the ones undertaken by two other Tiffany brands in Disney’s stable — Pixar and Lucasfilm. Both of these enterprises exist within the Walt Disney Studios ecosystem, with Pixar overseen by John Lasseter and Ed Catmull and Lucasfilm guided by Kathleen Kennedy.

Is he the one that asked everyone to take down everything F4 related stuff off the walls of the Marvel Comics office?

And supposedly the X-Men comic decisions as well.

He's sounds like a d-bag :P

I also heard that he's cheap as hell :P:P

Supposedly he was involved in the situation where Terrance Howard was passed on for Iron Man II because of the salary.

The list has gotten much shorter. But still a few hits ahead.

• September 18, 2015 – Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
  • September 25, 2015 – Hotel Transylvania 2
  • October 2, 2015 – The Martian (Fox)
  • October 9, 2015 – The Jungle Book (Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Bridge of Spies (DreamWorks/Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Goosebumps
  • November 6, 2015 – Spectre (Bond 24)
  • November 6, 2015 – Peanuts
  • November 13, 2015 – Friday the 13th (2015)
  • November 20, 2015 – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • November 25, 2015 – The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
  • November 25, 2015 – Victor Frankenstein (2015)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Lucasfilm/Disney)
  • December 25, 2015 – Point Break (2015)
  • December 25, 2015 – Snowden

Is he the one that asked everyone to take down everything F4 related stuff off the walls of the Marvel Comics office?

And supposedly the X-Men comic decisions as well.

He's sounds like a d-bag :P

I also heard that he's cheap as hell :P:P

Supposedly he was involved in the situation where Terrance Howard was passed on for Iron Man II because of the salary.

:shrug: I like Cheadle better in most anything anyway. He can play the dramatic as seen in Hotel Rwanda and I thought he was great in the 'Ocean' movies.

:shrug: I like Cheadle better in most anything anyway. He can play the dramatic as seen in Hotel Rwanda and I thought he was great in the 'Ocean' movies.

I too like him a lot more. But that wasn't the original reason they swapped him out for Cheadle. There have been articles on Isaac Perlmutter's decisions concerning Marvel that are not always flattering.

Why do the Avengers fear this man?

Perlmutter eventually found his way into the world of toys, where he proved to be a sharp operator. In later years, stories have circulated of Perlmutter's overriding concern for the bottom line. "If there was some used paper or a memo lying around," said his long-time business partner Avi Arad in a 2009 interview with the Financial Times, "he would rip it into eight pieces and he would have a new memo pad."

According to one report, for a long time the Marvel headquarters had only one bathroom per gender, leading to insufferably long lines come lunctime.

Perlmutter eventually found his way into the world of toys, where he proved to be a sharp operator. In later years, stories have circulated of Perlmutter's overriding concern for the bottom line. "If there was some used paper or a memo lying around," said his long-time business partner Avi Arad in a 2009 interview with the Financial Times, "he would rip it into eight pieces and he would have a new memo pad."

According to one report, for a long time the Marvel headquarters had only one bathroom per gender, leading to insufferably long lines come lunchtime.

Friggin' whiners. lol

According to one report, for a long time the Marvel headquarters had only one bathroom per gender, leading to insufferably long lines come lunchtime.

Friggin' whiners. lol

I'm pretty sure that up until 1989, you could just freely pee in the streets of New York City, and deuce in any alley.