• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

[*]March 11, 2016 – Warcraft

Release date on this was changed to June 10, 2016 a few months ago after the studio decided they thought it was good enough to compete for summer dollars.

Release date on this was changed to June 10, 2016 a few months ago after the studio decided they thought it was good enough to compete for summer dollars.

Thank you!

:foryou:

Also, I think we can scratch Sinister Six off that list. I'm pretty sure it's scrapped at this point since the ASM universe is dead.

Lord, I hope so.

The only definite Sony is still moving forward with is the animated Spider-Man movie.

Speaking of which, why did Marvel not engage more with Pixar on tackling some superhero movies together?

Pretty sure that Big Hero 6 was Marvel Studios in conjunction with Disney Animation.

It was Marvel inspired creation modified by a Disney team. Not the actual comic book-to-animated production.

Thank you!

:foryou:

Also I keep hearing there is a conflict with these two.

•March 10, 2017 – Kong: Skull Island

•March 24, 2017 - The Mummy

One will be moved.

The list gets shorter.

• August 14, 2015 – The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
  • August 21, 2015 – American Ultra (Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart)
  • August 28, 2015 – Hitman: Agent 47
  • September 18, 2015 – Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
  • September 25, 2015 – Hotel Transylvania 2
  • October 2, 2015 – The Martian (Fox)
  • October 9, 2015 – The Jungle Book (Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Bridge of Spies (DreamWorks/Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Goosebumps
  • November 6, 2015 – Spectre (Bond 24)
  • November 6, 2015 – Peanuts
  • November 13, 2015 – Friday the 13th (2015)
  • November 20, 2015 – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • November 25, 2015 – The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
  • November 25, 2015 – Victor Frankenstein (2015)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Lucasfilm/Disney)
  • December 25, 2015 – Point Break (2015)
  • December 25, 2015 – Snowden

And this seems to look better and better.

I forgot about this.

Tom Hardy's Mystery DC Movie Revealed

Due to scheduling conflicts, Tom Hardy was forced to drop out of David Ayer's Suicide Squad last spring. However, he recently teased a new collaboration with DC Comics was in his future. THR have now revealed that the incredibly talented actor will team up with New Line and DC's Vertigo imprint to adapt Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso's critically acclaimed comic series, 100 Bullets.

Hardy, who portrayed 'Bane' in The Dark Knight Rises, will produce the project with an eye to star in it as well. There is already a -script in place, written by Chris Borrelli (The Vatican Tapes). Per THR, the Eisner Award-winning comic series focuses on "an enigmatic man named Agent Graves as he presents different people, for reasons unknown, with a gun, the identity of the person who ruined their lives … and a hundred rounds of untraceable ammunition."

Will George Miller Direct MAN OF STEEL 2? Jon Schnepp Seems To Think So

In a guest appearance on Popcorn Talk's 'DC Movie News' podcast last night, Schnepp confidently claimed that Miller would direct the sequel to Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. While this isn't official confirmation by any means, we've heard rumors about this before, and Schnepp's reputation as a filmmaker and a journalist makes it reasonable enough to believe him.

Throw in Miller's obvious ties to Warner Bros - he was once set to direct the cancelled Justice League Mortal (and was spotted on the Suicide Squad set) - and it wouldn't be surprising if he was involved in the DCEU. You can check out Schnepp's comments in the video below (from ~55:30).

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Will George Miller Direct MAN OF STEEL 2? Jon Schnepp Seems To Think So

In a guest appearance on Popcorn Talk's 'DC Movie News' podcast last night, Schnepp confidently claimed that Miller would direct the sequel to Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. While this isn't official confirmation by any means, we've heard rumors about this before, and Schnepp's reputation as a filmmaker and a journalist makes it reasonable enough to believe him.

Throw in Miller's obvious ties to Warner Bros - he was once set to direct the cancelled Justice League Mortal (and was spotted on the Suicide Squad set) - and it wouldn't be surprising if he was involved in the DCEU. You can check out Schnepp's comments in the video below (from ~55:30).

:applause::whee:

COLLIDER: "Well, I'm just going to say. As a fan of your work...and of this particularly movie...I am so happy you made FURY ROAD, as it is :censored: great! My last question because then I have to wrap. DC...Warner Bros....are planning on making all these other superhero movies. Is making a superhero movie something really you want to do, or is it something that you have to write. You know what I mean? Is it something you are thinking about something in the future, and what is attractive to you?"

GEORGE MILLER: "Well, I'm a DC guy. I grew up on those. I use to draw comics myself as a kid. You know...isolated, rural community. Comics were kind of illicit. They weren't allowed in school. And of course, I was really into them. And it was a DC world. Yeah, I don't have to write the screenplay. It really depends on the story. I mean, they are basically Greek and Roman mythology, re-purposed. And therefore in their own way are quite profound. It's something I would look at."

Wow! This is going to be another weekend with new releases where they either delivered below forecast, or they bombed. But one fairly recent movie held its own.

BOXOFFICEMOJO Friday Report: 'Compton' Hits, Others Miss

Forecast (August 21 - Aug. 23)

1. Straight Outta Compton - $32M

2. Sinister - $15M

3. Hitman 47 - $11M

4. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - $8.5M

5. American Ultra - $8M

BOXOFFICE: 'Straight Outta Compton' Rules Again ($27.8M); 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Still Ticking ($11.7M); 'Sinister 2' ($10.5M), 'Hitman: Agent 47' ($7.5M), & 'American Ultra' ($5.7M) Fizzle

Friday Update #2: According to sources, here is how the weekend is shaping up:

Straight Outta Compton: $28 million

Sinister 2: $14 million

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation: $11.7 million

Hitman: Agent 47: $10 million

American Ultra: $8 million

And here is what is left on the release plate.

• September 18, 2015 – Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
  • September 25, 2015 – Hotel Transylvania 2
  • October 2, 2015 – The Martian (Fox)
  • October 9, 2015 – The Jungle Book (Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Bridge of Spies (DreamWorks/Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Goosebumps
  • November 6, 2015 – Spectre (Bond 24)
  • November 6, 2015 – Peanuts
  • November 13, 2015 – Friday the 13th (2015)
  • November 20, 2015 – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • November 25, 2015 – The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
  • November 25, 2015 – Victor Frankenstein (2015)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Lucasfilm/Disney)
  • December 25, 2015 – Point Break (2015)
  • December 25, 2015 – Snowden

October to December looks like the better months. Especially November-December.