• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2014 at 8:38 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, we have an influx of new members, the majority of which are not interested in anything but making a quick buck. E-Bay sellers are trying to sell here at their typical inflated prices hoping to avoid the fees. E-Bay sellers are also using the Boards to hype their books. Pump and dump is rampant.

Hoard a particular issue, set up a few fake E-Bay sales, and hype it here. The sad part is, it's working.

Hustlers are going to hustle

As a long time reader/collector of comics I have always known about cgc.  I never knew there were forums here to discuss all things comics.  I started cataloging my collection recently and figured I would look into slabbing a few and a couple days later here I am!

Just now, kav said:

My origin is simple.  @Buzzetta heard about me somehow and asked me to join.  Said the boards needed 'sprucing up'.

I have also read about Casey Anthony, The Menendez Brothers, Jodi Arias and Rae Caruth.  At no point did I shoot them an email. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have also read about Casey Anthony, The Menendez Brothers, Jodi Arias and Rae Caruth.  At no point did I shoot them an email. 

Proof that I'm an awesome dude folks.

1 hour ago, kav said:

My origin is simple.  @Buzzetta heard about me somehow and asked me to join.  Said the boards needed 'sprucing up'.

Really? 

I thought the story was.

The houses you and your friends all grew up in were about to be foreclosed on by a land developer to make way for a new golf course.

On the last day before the foreclosure you went to your friends house and broke his mother's favorite statue. Then you all went into attic were asked to hold a framed map, that subsequently you broke as well. Which lead you guys to a cave looking for The One Eyed Willy. 

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Was that also with Oakman and Colonel Custard in the Library?

image.png.532e720d70e74c92250f8b9bf10330e3.png

They are two consenting adults.  They can do as they please. 

In the meantime, maybe we should create a Kav origin story as a contest. 

Edited by Buzzetta

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

They are two consenting adults.  They can do as they please. 

In the meantime, maybe we should create a Kav origin story as a contest. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :devil: