• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

I heard this was a great place to bash Dealers

I heard this was the place where all the great comedians hung out. Until I met Jeff from Hotflips I kept asking myself these guys aren't that funny.

Edited by blazingbob

My board origin story is pretty typical...I was a mild mannered TV watching citizen bitten by a radio-active paper-cut while thumbing through the dollar bin copies of Alapha flights and Warlord comics of the LCS....and was gifted with the extraordinary power to over-spend whenever I saw a comic I wanted.

But from there, I was seeking out fellow Hellboy/Mignola enthusiasts, and found a link to here on a thread (I think posted by Bosco?) and despite finding a great dearth of Hellboy fans, I started reading other threads and sort of became hooked by the community and bar-style questions and answers.

I'm puzzled why I still have yet to come across a convincing answer to the Veronica or Betty question. (I'd always thought Valerie was the hot one...What can I say? I like the chocolate).

-T

I purchased the remnants of the Green River collection including some high grade copies the suspect's lawyer had put aside. Came onto this board for more information and the Green River Daredevil #11 I sold got embroiled in the Ewert situation. (shrug)

I purchased the remnants of the Green River collection including some high grade copies the suspect's lawyer had put aside. Came onto this board for more information and the Green River Daredevil #11 I sold got embroiled in the Ewert situation. (shrug)

The GR DD 11 was microtrimmed? :o

The GR DD 11 was microtrimmed? :o

I don't think so. It was sold as a 9.4 and reappeared later as a 9.6. (Something that a normal press probably could have achieved.) (shrug)

(It was sold to Ewert and shipped to Brulato. All public knowledge.)

Edited by sckao

My board story: Back when I was in elementary school, The Infinity Gauntlet, was the ultimate crossover that made an everlasting impression in my childhood years. Fast Forward 25 years later>> a character named Thanos made a cameo appearance at the end of The Avengers movie. That reignited my long lost love for comics and I bought Iron Man 55 9.8 (Suscha Pedigree from Comic Connect), and this was in April of this year. Needless to say, I found this forum at that time and the rest is History.....

Now my significant other wish I never got back into this hobby lol