• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

I'm Kav's nephew. He used to beat the Hell out of me when I was younger "to toughen you up" as he'd put it. Then he'd make me wash his car. 

One day, he put his hand on my shoulder and, in a solemn voice, said "Lad... it's time you entered into a fraternity of like-minded fellows." and gave me his subscription to Wizard, which was three issues away from being cancelled.

All of that is made up except for the parts about how Kav is my Uncle and he used to beat the s*#t out of me. That is totally true, even if he says otherwise in a "LOL" manner. Glad to be here!

3 hours ago, wisbyron said:

I'm Kav's nephew. He used to beat the Hell out of me when I was younger "to toughen you up" as he'd put it. Then he'd make me wash his car. 

One day, he put his hand on my shoulder and, in a solemn voice, said "Lad... it's time you entered into a fraternity of like-minded fellows." and gave me his subscription to Wizard, which was three issues away from being cancelled.

All of that is made up except for the parts about how Kav is my Uncle and he used to beat the s*#t out of me. That is totally true, even if he says otherwise in a "LOL" manner. Glad to be here!

Kav is legend around here‼️👍🏆🏆🏆🏆

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I'm wondering about Foggy there. He doesnt like to show his books, he's a cryptic guy that intrigues me. 

download.png

CGC helped me with my first 6 digit deal. It was surreal.
Luck. Timing. Most importantly, CGC's organized approach and simplicity made it all work. 

To me, they do unique stuff. You know the type of stuff you only read in comic books or in movies. !!!!!!!

I did not use their services until few years ago for a small batch of collectibles I wanted to trade. 
I am back and hoping to learn what is Gold nowadays! 

On 8/10/2014 at 11:50 PM, universal soldier said:

Someone left the backdoor open so I just kinda wandered in. I'm still looking for my car keys.

I'm still looking for my keys.

Non "I think I'm funny" answer, is I came here after a few years on the comicpriceguide.com boards which were/are a bit of a joke. Started learning a ton, realized there are some great deals to be had here so I've hung around.

I started trying to join many, many years ago. But the forum software thought my totally awesome email address was fake and would never deliver the confirmation link

Finally, I decided to try another email address and was able to sign up.

After 5+ years of trying to search the forums and having to wait 60 seconds to fix my search typo and try again, I decided maybe I need to post a few things to see if searching gets any better.

Hi Mr. Moderator. Please and Thank You!