• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am not a professional grader

21 posts in this topic

Hookers and blow!

When my wife complains that I spend too much on comic books and playing hockey, I always tell her..."comics-and-hockey or hookers-and-blow....pick one"

ha! It's funny, I collect comics and play hockey 3 times a week. I get complaints from the wife.

Now I've got a line to use, I'll let you know how it goes!

Hookers and blow!

When my wife complains that I spend too much on comic books and playing hockey, I always tell her..."comics-and-hockey or hookers-and-blow....pick one"

ha! It's funny, I collect comics and play hockey 3 times a week. I get complaints from the wife.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I only play 2 times a week though…

If the listing states the seller is "not a professional grader," I will generally move on 9 out of 10 times. This phrase usually means "I have no clue about grading standards and what I'm selling is probably overgraded by at least a full grade."

Hookers and blow!

Well, if you're anywhere near Countryside Arena in Sudbury tonight (I know, it's a long shot), my game starts at 9:15, I can use a few extra skaters, lot of guys are gone on vacation.

Don't tell your wife....

I even use it now since so many sellers seem too. You really have to because of these crazy buyers.

If you actually do, you should stop. It does nothing but turn away legitimate buyers and does nothing to protect you from insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyers.

If the listing states the seller is "not a professional grader," I will generally move on 9 out of 10 times. This phrase usually means "I have no clue about grading standards and what I'm selling is probably overgraded by at least a full grade."

Either that, or that they are purposly misleading the listing, as they have a book that presents better than the assigned grade. They would rather have you bid it up based on the fact the scans look better than what the book really is.