• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

My husband gave it the best review I've read. He said, "if you want to watch it, I'll watch it with you". He will watch Agents of Shield and Supergirl and won't watch the Flash or Arrow (which are my favorites) so it's pretty high praise;).

So maybe for someone who had no idea who these characters were supposed to be, it's not so bad.

I loved Lockjaw, thought Black Bolt looked just like the comic character and so did Crystal (except for the tar in her hair).

I'll give it another chance.

I found the pacing glacial.

Like watching a baby turtle hatch.

59d01976c5dd5_DSC00615(1)-Copy.JPG.b03db6be0f23f2afb88168ae586960be.JPG

Guess, what I did this afternoon. lol 

A similarly long and tedious thing that I watched on ABC last night between 8 and 10 Eastern. :foryou: 

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

59d01976c5dd5_DSC00615(1)-Copy.JPG.b03db6be0f23f2afb88168ae586960be.JPG

If that's what Triton looks like, it's a terrible redesign.  This show just gets worse.

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Somehow, one of the tv's had this on last night at my house and I watched a hairless Medusa ride around in a tour bus for 20 minutes.  Oh the drama...

Medusa getting her hair cut off was a cringe worthy scene, as was every time Black Bolt showed up. This show is going to win some awards and for all the wrong reasons. 

I watched the 1st half of ep 1.

From the trailers I thought the effects looked pretty weak.  After watching the first half I'm SURE the effects, especially for Medusa's hair looked awful.  Triton looked awful.  I wonder if this all looked better in IMAX??? otherwise, what is the point?  I actually didn't mind the plot too much.  You've got to start somewhere, and I thought Ramsay Bolton made some compelling points.  I liked the Karnak character the most (along with Lockjaw of course), though I thought the acting was a bit over the top (though it was probably directed that way).  I think my biggest complaint is that the reason we live in a 'superhero' era for tv/movies is that technologically we are capable of making cool, believable media to accurately portray those superheroes.  For some reason, even with the massive related advertising campaign and imax release, we got something remarkably subpar from that perspective.  Nobody was clamoring for Inhumans the way they are/were for Spiderman/Xmen or even the Avengers.  Before 10 years ago, how many Marvel properties would you choose to make shows/movies about before Inhumans???  And yet they clearly FORCE it to 'compete' with Xmen, but its simply doesn't compete, not even with their own Netflix properties, let alone the Xmen shows of Legion (not for everyone, but BEAUTIFULLY DIRECTED) and Gifted (shows a lot more promise after 1 ep).  Which leads us all to WHYYYY?????? Why even make the show?  Did they think it was going to be Marvel GOT?  Who is the show marketed towards?  Families? Nerds? Kids? SciFi? Anyone? Bueller?

Edited by revat

The Inhumans have been a 3rd tier back up property for Marvel since their intro. Nobody cared about them then, and nobody cares about them now. That is a problem that cannot be solved with even a stellar TV show.

54 minutes ago, kimik said:

The Inhumans have been a 3rd tier back up property for Marvel since their intro. Nobody cared about them then, and nobody cares about them now. That is a problem that cannot be solved with even a stellar TV show.

GOTG were further down the bench; a terrific property can elevate anyone, the worst show released on tv this fall can't

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, NewEnglandGothic said:

...and they're utilizing the show's Hawaiian location for surf contests. :baiting: 

DSC00560(1).thumb.JPG.06a933888ea30be46bcf27c2cae01199.JPG

BTW, I find that watching baby turtles hatch is infinitely more interesting than watching the Inhumans.  (Is that a Western painted turtle?  Looks like one.) 

4 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

BTW, I find that watching baby turtles hatch is infinitely more interesting than watching the Inhumans.  (Is that a Western painted turtle?  Looks like one.) 

He's a painted turtle for sure. Not sure if he's a western or not. Just a side thing I did for a news article for a local paper this summer. :) 

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-goffstown-news/a-new-life-begins/10155591830605505/?fref=mentions

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-goffstown-news/the-shell-game-keeping-hatchling-predators-at-bay/10155332017365505/

This week's article.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-goffstown-news/the-leaves-they-are-a-changin/10155631149490505/

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

He's a painted turtle for sure. Not sure if he's a western or not. Just a side thing I did for a news article for a local paper this summer. :) 

Thanks for those links.  Now I'm thinking Eastern painted, especially given your location.  (There are four subspecies, often difficult to distinguish using only a photograph.)  I've hatched, head-started, and released thousands of western paints over the years.  Turtles are a childhood fascination I never outgrew.  Like comics.   

On 9/30/2017 at 12:31 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

I watched a hairless Medusa ride around in a tour bus for 20 minutes.  Oh the drama...

Was hoping episode 3 would be better but watched a hairless Medusa pace xD around Hawaii for 20 minutes.