• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Bill C said:

That critic doesn't know what they're talking about- as bad as the 1994 FF movie was, that version of Dr Doom was literally 10 times better than the version of him in the next 3 movies. Yes, I know that isnt saying much.

I had no real interest in watching the Inhumans- but if it really is this bad, I may check it out for the trainwreck aspect.

I haven't seen the 94 Corman FF movie yet,but this documentary I saw agrees with you.

doomed-untold-story-poster-530x756.jpg

Wow. The Variety review was harsh. My favorite lines:

Do not spend any of your limited time on this planet watching this show. If you have a superpower, use it to race away from “Inhumans” faster than the speed of light.:roflmao:

Even for those of us who review TV programs for a living, it’s difficult to capture the breadth, depth and scope of “Inhumans’” awfulness (which had to have been terrible on a larger scale when the pilot was released in IMAX theatres weeks ago).  :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

Certainly not as bad as everyone has been saying.  I found it at least somewhat watchable, and at least sparks (ok embers) of things that I think could lead to a decent show down the line.   Handing the project to the guy who completly mishandled Iron Fist was obviously a mistake, but my guess is that's part of the reason for the bad reviews too.  People are just assuming it's horrible and coming to it with that attitude.

Watched with an open mind I think the debut 2 hours was completely "eh.."

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's the best review they've gotten so far.  :)

I tried something different while trying to watch it last night.

I shut the sound off for about an hour and focused on the acting  in a series of images.

It was the part of the revolt and teleportation to Hawaii (?) .

It helped me finish the thing.

It definitely is up there with Ghost Rider 2 in quality, in regards to a squandered cast. bad setting and cheap effects.

36 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I have a little downtime this week-end with just enough time to either watch Inhumans or Tom Cruise's Mummy. Which one should I pick? 

That depends. How bad have you been?

- Supreme punishment: Inhumans.

- Recidivism: The Mummy (you'll never be naughty again).

5 hours ago, fmaz said:

I won’t be watching this for a while, so just checking if, in order to save on the CGI budget, the producers decided to relocate The Inhumans from the Blue Area of The Moon to the Canadian Rockies?

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

in order to save on the CGI budget, the producers decided to relocate The Inhumans from the Blue Area of The Moon to the Canadian Rockies?

Not sure if any of the Inhumans first 2 episodes were filmed in Banff or Jasper, Alberta, as the Royal Family was Lockjawed to Hawaii. Perhaps move Attilan city :idea: from Blue side of the moon to inside of a volcano crator? Seemed to be edited badly due to the timeline (shift?) from opening scene to last scene focussing on Triton. And if they have hi-tech in Attilan, why was Crystal wearing 80s style headphones instead of iPhone wireless earbuds that look like u have a cigarette hanging off of the teen's ears? TV so bad it is good, or plain bad? Episode 3 at your own risk of destroying Kirby's legacy from the great 1960s Inhumans.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I won’t be watching this for a while, so just checking if, in order to save on the CGI budget, the producers decided to relocate The Inhumans from the Blue Area of The Moon to the Canadian Rockies?

Yes, and the entire first episode is a conflict between Black Bolt and Maximus over who has the better recipe for Rocky Moutain Oysters.   lol 

13 hours ago, fmaz said:

Certainly not as bad as everyone has been saying.  I found it at least somewhat watchable, and at least sparks (ok embers) of things that I think could lead to a decent show down the line.   Handing the project to the guy who completly mishandled Iron Fist was obviously a mistake, but my guess is that's part of the reason for the bad reviews too.  People are just assuming it's horrible and coming to it with that attitude.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's the best review they've gotten so far.  :)

My husband gave it the best review I've read. He said, "if you want to watch it, I'll watch it with you". He will watch Agents of Shield and Supergirl and won't watch the Flash or Arrow (which are my favorites) so it's pretty high praise;).

So maybe for someone who had no idea who these characters were supposed to be, it's not so bad.

I loved Lockjaw, thought Black Bolt looked just like the comic character and so did Crystal (except for the tar in her hair).

I'll give it another chance.