• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

Nice catch. It sounds like the 300 wound up in the hands of an underbidder.

Maybe, but to go from $173K to $140K? That implies a hammer price of $117,155 ($140K/1.195) vs. the actual hammer of $145K. Unless it was purchased at one increment lower ($140K) by someone affiliated with Heritage who didn't have to pay the BP. Strange about the $0.23 at the end, though. Just doesn't look great optically, I'm afraid - more transparency is really needed here, IMO. 2c

BTW, this ASM #40 splash recreation just sold for $418 at Heritage. It's now on eBay with a $55,000 Buy-It-Now price. In the fine print, it says it's a recreation. But, on the other hand, looking at the photo, it looks to have been artificially manipulated to make it look older.* :facepalm:

* Caught by a fellow Board member, I can't take credit for spying this.

I knew who the seller was going to be even before I looked. :facepalm:

BTW, this ASM #40 splash recreation just sold for $418 at Heritage. It's now on eBay with a $55,000 Buy-It-Now price. In the fine print, it says it's a recreation. But, on the other hand, looking at the photo, it looks to have been artificially manipulated to make it look older.* :facepalm:

Awful. And this quote doesn't help "This art was done as a recreation by the original artist Demeo"

The "original artist" Demeo? Wow.

lol me too , totally preductable :insane:

I was happy.

Got my Black Cat #27 Page 1....

This title page was quoted in Seduction of the Innocent ...

(Mr zero and the Juvenile Delinquent ) Page 193 SOTI

I was really surprised Heritage didn't mention on the auction that this was a SOTI story .... Even though expensive I believe a quoted SOTI title page should have gone for more . Silly Heritage

:cloud9:

:whee:

Blackcat_zps71bed042.jpg

nice one! nostalgia still drives the market.....but for now it lets you pick up nice pieces like this under the radar :)

Awful. And this quote doesn't help "This art was done as a recreation by the original artist Demeo"

The "original artist" Demeo? Wow.

He has the ASM # 141 cover at $1,000,000 . . . Sale Pending???

WTF

Maybe, but to go from $173K to $140K? That implies a hammer price of $117,155 ($140K/1.195) vs. the actual hammer of $145K. Unless it was purchased at one increment lower ($140K) by someone affiliated with Heritage who didn't have to pay the BP. Strange about the $0.23 at the end, though. Just doesn't look great optically, I'm afraid - more transparency is really needed here, IMO. 2c

The ASM 300 cover did not sell at auction. The winning bid during the live auction was a bogus bidder, according to Heritage.

I would guess that one of the underbidders chose to buy it when Heritage subsequently offered it to them. The $0.23, I don't know about.

The ASM 300 cover did not sell at auction. The winning bid during the live auction was a bogus bidder, according to Heritage.

I would guess that one of the underbidders chose to buy it when Heritage subsequently offered it to them. The $0.23, I don't know about.

Really curious about this. Also has anyone gotten their winnings? I still haven't gotten a tracking number. Paid Sunday morning (11/21)

Also wouldn't it have to be 2/3 bids retracted. Bid increment at 100k is 10k right? So that would be 11950 each bid (including the 19.5% vig) so from 173-11950 we get 161,050. So another 11950 off gets us to 149100. One more bid out gets us down to close to the amount.

Really curious about this. Also has anyone gotten their winnings? I still haven't gotten a tracking number. Paid Sunday morning (11/21)

I got my comics on Saturday 12/6/14. packing really sucked but books were okay.