• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

wow dd158 pg1 at 17k. I thought this sold for like 7k not that long ago..

Wha-a-a-a-a-at? It sold for $5,975 three years ago at Heritage. Must be a farking noob.

Consignor owes auctioneer a gift basket. Lot appeared to close at $7K, but the auctioneer stalled long enough to tease out another bid. This happened all along the way to $14K.

I know some one you are being driven nuts by the pace of the two auctioneers today...but for consignors, these two are a dream.

Greg Reece, the consignor and well known comic dealer, told me months ago that he had turned down some crazy offers for it through his website where he had it posted since he picked it up at auction.

maybe not actioney enough for some people? Not sure

Must be that. Not really A list EVERETT work all in all but most seemed a bit under market

Well, I blew it on the Colan/Everett Cap pages. I made a schedule of the lots I wanted to bid on via HeritageLive! and listed those pages alphabetically by "Colan" instead of with the Everett family collection lots, so totally missed out out on both of them. I think I was the underbidder on one, but I was prepared to go much higher in the live session. :doh:

Bummer, Gene. Those pages were gorgeous.

Loving the result on this ASM #111 cover ($77,675) - looks like several of today's auction results should be very, very good for comparable items in my collection. :devil:

Conversely, the ASM #109 cover pencils ($8,365) sold for less than half of Heritage's $20K-up estimate.

Loving the result on this ASM #111 cover ($77,675) - at least a couple of today's auction results should be very, very good for comparable items in my collection. :devil:

Conversely, the ASM #109 cover pencils ($8,365) sold for less than half of Heritage's $20K-up estimate.

The ASM 109 was more recreation than original pencils or prelim. I thought it got a good price for a 2007 piece.

Loving the result on this ASM #111 cover ($77,675) - at least a couple of today's auction results should be very, very good for comparable items in my collection. :devil:

The ASM 109 was more recreation than original pencils or prelim. I thought it got a good price for a 2007 piece.

2007? Dang, great price then IMO

Loving the result on this ASM #111 cover ($77,675) - looks like several of today's auction results should be very, very good for comparable items in my collection. :devil:

The ASM 69 half splash for $35,850.00 was an impressive result. Didn't this sell for a fraction of this not long ago in Comic Link?

McF Spidey 300 for 173K, a lot lower than some bullish estimates, but that is a lot for a stat. I hope the winner knew what he was buying, the HA description was vague but accurate (spidey figure is all inks is technically correct)

Malvin

Yeah, the Todd prices were a bit strange,

The good ASM page sells for $30k+ - about 50% above what I was expecting? - was it just because of that silly Venom in the closet panel?

The weak SM page sells for $10k. I'm starting to think the McFarlane market has moved some more.

Then the Wolverine back cover sells for under $10k, $3k less than it sold for a year ago.

Then the ASM300 tanks at $175k.

Interesting and unexpected for sure...

Pages with Venom on them are pretty scarce. He is the "holy grail" of McFarlane material for many collectors. I didn't like the top panel either, but it's a very good page overall from what many McFarlane fans consider his best storyline (Venom)

The SM page, well, the "flood" of the Shamus collection is long gone and the drought has returned.

Wolvie back cover had faded in the last couple years. Also, it was no longer "fresh".

well, I'd call that more of a mistaken estimate. Can't see anybody going 20k for pencils only

I could see it going that or even more if it was all done in 1972 as part of the process for the original publication. But the 1972 blue pencils were completed 35 years later. Nice as it is.

I thought the Maudlin strips were a reasonable price.

You and me both Bronty :( I wanted the Veteran's day one but lost out :( (Wasn't even the underbidder, way outta what I wanted to pay)

yeah they are tough to get for a reasonable number :( I keep my eye out for one that is both funny and cheap and hopefully early but it hasn't worked out so far.

I like early peanuts a lot after having read the fantagraphics volumes, but they are already priced so high that if I buy one I want it to be on the low end of FMV

I thought the Mauldins went very cheap for what they were. There aren't going to be any more coming out of the woodwork as the family is donating the rest to the LOC. I know he's not Watterson, but the same principle applies.

Anyone have thoughts on the Keown Hulk?

HA Link

I thought it was a decent price. It was more expensive than the other that finished at 1.9K awhile ago, but this was much nicer.

I was busy at work, but had I been watching, I might have bid one or two increments past the hammer. Congrats on the winner!

Malvin

I am going to regret not taking that Andru/Everett page higher. I sold a BWS page today and on the ride home was considering bidding again but was a few minutes late getting home.

Congrats to the buyer. I have no idea of the Andru or Everett market but I liked the page. I hope John S got it, but I feel it was Alan. Anyone know? Did you get it?

Anyway, Eder has the thing I want.

I ended up picking up the Andru-Everett piece. I pegged it early as one to keep an eye on but the early bidding seemed like it was going to go higher than I wanted to pay so I forgot about it. Then when it came up and no one bid, my finger was compelled to hit the button...or perhaps my Astral self pressed it ;)

Either way I was happy to land it for 2k give or take.

Ken

I am going to regret not taking that Andru/Everett page higher. I sold a BWS page today and on the ride home was considering bidding again but was a few minutes late getting home.

Congrats to the buyer. I have no idea of the Andru or Everett market but I liked the page. I hope John S got it, but I feel it was Alan. Anyone know? Did you get it?

I ended up picking up the Andru-Everett piece. I pegged it early as one to keep an eye on but the early bidding seemed like it was going to go higher than I wanted to pay so I forgot about it. Then when it came up and no one bid, my finger was compelled to hit the button...or perhaps my Astral self pressed it ;)

Ken

I think you did really well Ken.

Thanks man it was a nice and unexpected surprise that it fell through the cracks.

Maybe buyers in that price range were holding out for the Cap pages?

Pretty cool that the Everett family had it all these years as well.

Ken

I tried for two pieces today.

Anton Caravana Vampirella #100 splash, I was the under bidder. I was surprised on the price. I remember first reading that story, nice homage to Psycho (one of the reasons I went after it). Someone else wanted it much more. (Gene?)

The other was Al Williamson and Frank Frazetta Homage to Flash Gordon Illustration. Love Al's Flash Gordon and with Frazetta thought it was a great combo. I remember seeing it in a portfolio in the 70s. Another I chased and ended up short.

Congrats to both the winner.

Ken

I think you did really well Ken.

I second that!