• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX admits Elliot wrongdoing

142 posts in this topic

PGX Dan finally provided a partial answer to whether or not Ryan Elliot is still associated with PGX (he did not answer the question of how recent this change is):

"Re: UPDATE: The PGX Story

Postby PGXguy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 pm

He is not a partner, co-owner or have any association with PGX in any capacity! You or anyone else will either believe this or you won't."

I have asked him the following:

Q: When did Ryan Elliot leave PGX?

Q: Has PGX considered a buy back program to remove Elliot tainted slabs from circulation?

Q: Why was one of your company personnel allowed to grade, slab, and sell their own books, as you know, that violates the core integrity of any grading company. How many years did Ryan Elliot engage in this practice?

Q: Are current employees or their families allowed to buy, sell, or submit PGX comics for grading?

There's a Site Admin giving him all kinds of cover. What's up with that?

Advocating mutual respect is one thing, but it's like kid-gloves reserved for VIPs came out. Kind of weird, with an underlying ' please don't hassle our special guest ' vibe.

Yeah, I find that a little disappointing. There are glaring problems that have never been addressed(like the bogus back cover on a PGX slabbed Superman 1), so what's up with the kid gloves treatment?

PGX Dan finally provided a partial answer to whether or not Ryan Elliot is still associated with PGX (he did not answer the question of how recent this change is):

He is not a partner, co-owner or have any association with PGX in any capacity! You or anyone else will either believe this or you won't."

Q: Has PGX considered a buy back program to remove Elliot tainted slabs from circulation?

Q: Why was one of your company personnel allowed to grade, slab, and sell their own books, as you know, that violates the core integrity of any grading company. How many years did Ryan Elliot engage in this practice?

Q: Are current employees or their families allowed to buy, sell, or submit PGX comics for grading?

Advocating mutual respect is one thing, but it's like kid-gloves reserved for VIPs came out. Kind of weird, with an underlying ' please don't hassle our special guest ' vibe.

For this very reason why I told Timern that I will no longer be posting on a message board that allows scum like him to be a part of it. (shrug)

Yeah, I find that a little disappointing. There are glaring problems that have never been addressed(like the bogus back cover on a PGX slabbed Superman 1), so what's up with the kid gloves treatment?

You have to give enough rope.....

Also, one would think you guys have never played good cop, bad cop :makepoint:

No,I just don't give a rats azz to associate with criminals.

The_Mouth_of_Sauron.jpg

I didn't see it as a "kid gloves" treatment, more a "we invited this guy here, and if all you do is yell and call him names, he'll go and you won't get any answers."

What was said exactly was, "Thread unlocked... most of these questions deserved to be answered... I just ask we lay off the name calling... I would hate to have to lock a thread and none of these question will even have a chance to be answered all because we have users who can't act like an adult and scare away a representative from PGX who at least took the time and the heat to answer these questions... show a bit of respect..." [emphasis mine] He also said, "Your questions do deserve an answer and thank you for asking the questions in a respectable and thoughtful way..."

Now if all anyone wants is the bash the guy, then full steam ahead, but if you want answers to the questions, perhaps a different approach than some were taking might be called for?

That's exactly the point. He is answering questions, though I doubt folks are going to get all the answers they want. I really would like to know more about that TMNT #1 situation, and if it was like some folks thought of 'the gamer getting gamed' in the situation. The fellow that filmed himself cracking out the book posted pictures of the check he received from PGX afterwards, and it was a heck of a lot more than "Here's $20 for your troubles" to close out the situation. Good or bad, that's a piece of hobby history now.

Just got off the phone with my honey...now time to crack out my TMNT #1

With the Ryan topic, I count on not receiving straight answers. I think we learned a lot about that operation when the ex-girlfriend showed up and answered any questions we asked. Especially when she shared Ryan was/is bringing the encasing system home at night. Maybe she was lying. But she seemed to know a lot of details.

first rule of interrogation is dont alienate suspect-offer him an 'out' then trip him up in lies. No cop would ever get answers by insulting subject....

this is how we nailed that one shiller-kav did good cop....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7702209

Is the rest of the board like that thread? Mods inserting themselves to force a conversation in one way. Kind of a joke if you ask me. Haven't seen bigger kids gloves since a Mike and Mike interview.

You're missing the point. He was answering questions on some topics that board members wanted answers on. With the Ryan questions, I think his lack of details (or guarded answers) is also a response that confirms some of what is pretty much assumed to be the case with still working with PGX.

But if you think the better way to get answers is to post 'YOU'RE SCUM - AND YOUR SERVICE IS TOO: OH, CAN I ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS NOW', you may be right. Total joke.

doh!

Is the rest of the board like that thread? Mods inserting themselves to force a conversation in one way. Kind of a joke if you ask me. Haven't seen bigger kids gloves since a Mike and Mike interview.

You're missing the point. He was answering questions on some topics that board members wanted answers on. With the Ryan questions, I think his lack of details (or guarded answers) is also a response that confirms some of what is pretty much assumed to be the case with still working with PGX.

But if you think the better way to get answers is to post 'YOU'RE SCUM - AND YOUR SERVICE IS TOO: OH, CAN I ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS NOW', you may be right. Total joke.

doh!

If ya don't give em rope, they can't hang themselves.

Let us pry enough info outta the dude for a Bleeding Cool article, mate.

doh!

I understand that the name calling is not constructive to the discussion and it's a mods job to limit/stop that. The issue I have is with an admin posting "Hopefully once and for all we can bury this issue."

doh!

I understand that the name calling is not constructive to the discussion and it's a mods job to limit/stop that. The issue I have is with an admin posting "Hopefully once and for all we can bury this issue."

:gossip: good cop